Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 3 (Page 3)  (Read 6163 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 2 (Page 2)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 03:15:42 am »

Ask him! "Question. Why does your spear get brighter over water and dimmer over land?" The librarian is jotting down notes in general about what he sees the spear do during the whole conversation.

"A most typical question you ask! I will be frank, I am a simple man of this world, and I do not know the energies that flow through this point. But I know that whatever powers that be, their energy comes from the sea and not from the land, for the land is mostly barren waste, while the sea teems with life under every inch."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 03:38:21 am »

"And your spear apparently channels that?"

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 10:35:04 am »

Can we not just steal a boat if we can't find or buy one?

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:55 pm »

The guardsman looked over at Rob. "..Y'know I'm right here, yeah?" He looked back to the Agewalker, keeping an eye on the hunter. "I, might be able ta get ya' a boat, lemme go see." He strode off to go find somebody who would be willing to sell a boat! Then attempt to use his station as a guard to hopefully borrow the boat for their journey, on the promise it will be returned.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:28:56 pm by Shaporia »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 04:01:30 am »

((Away for a week))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 02:12:01 pm »

((Waiting on Pencil_Art and the HEN))

((Away for a week))

Alright, however it would probably be prudent to let Spiderking50 play instead since this game hasn't even started a week ago. I can manage 6 players, I just limit the starting amount to 5 so we have that bit of leeway.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 02:27:03 am »

Hmm, perhaps I could preform the task of vital importance, and find a worthy vessel for the adventure.

Look around for a salvage yard and try to fix a boat there if there is one.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 3
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 02:40:00 am »

((Whoops. Well, I'll assume you plan to join him unless otherwise stated, but I'm not 100% sure.))

Reg Fenion's Condition: Perfect, Sharpened Wit
Items:
Rucksack
-Lantern
-Firestarter
-Brewing Pot
Abilities:
[2] Brewer (+2/-1)
[1.5] Herbalist (+1/-1)

Hmm, perhaps I could preform the task of vital importance, and find a worthy vessel for the adventure.

Look around for a salvage yard and try to fix a boat there if there is one.

[6] There is indeed a salvage yard, though located far downstream. It takes your precious legs five minutes to walk there.

You find countless boat parts all in near pristine condition. Turbines, paddles, smokestacks, hulls, you name it. The problem... is that to assemble them you need a drydock. Such might be even more difficult to procure than a boat.

Eudes Reimont's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Shoulder-Bag
-Portable Anvil
-Smithing Hammer
-Charcoal Pot
-Firewood x2
Abilities:
Supernatural Smith

The old man, backed into two different conversations, responds to both at once.
"Yes, I channel energy that makes us very powerful indeed. We could steal a boat at once. The question is if we could ge away with it in time."
He looks on at the oncoming sunset.
"They do not know what lies beyond. They might chase us into the Farlands and attempt to go back, and by the time they see the mist it will be over for them. I do not wish to kill anyone once we enter the Farlands."

The old man, backed into two different conversations, responds to both at once.
"Yes, I channel energy that makes us very powerful indeed. We could steal a boat at once. The question is if we could ge away with it in time."
He looks on at the oncoming sunset.
"They do not know what lies beyond. They might chase us into the Farlands and attempt to go back, and by the time they see the mist it will be over for them. I do not wish to kill anyone once we enter the Farlands."

Rob Blackfrost's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Hunting Bow (can inflict Pierce effects, needs ammo)
Light Spear (-1 to attack rolls, can inflict Pierce effects)
Hunting Bag
-Emergency Ointment {numbing}
-Brass Binoculars
-A small, hand-drawn map
-Hunting arrows x13
Abilities:
[1] Fisher (+1/-1)
[1] Hunter (+1/-1)

The guardsman looked over at Rob. "..Y'know I'm right here, yeah?" He looked back to the Agewalker, keeping an eye on the hunter. "I, might be able ta get ya' a boat, lemme go see." He strode off to go find somebody who would be willing to sell a boat! Then attempt to use his station as a guard to hopefully borrow the boat for their journey, on the promise it will be returned.

[6] You scrounge about the dockyards in search of a boat large enough to carry the lot of your party on a trip round the globe. Of course, there aren't very many boats which honestly fit the bill.

The most likely candidate is a now-nameless steamboat, an old paddleship once used to ferry the town's diplomates up and down the River for all sorts of missions. It has since been replaced by the 30-man ex-military cruiser Blunder, which was recently acquired as part of a noble's will, left for the mayor's family.

The ship can be crewed with a minimum of four, one Captain to take the helm, two Firemen to keep the boilers running, and an Engineer to control the engine throttle. It has quarters for a maximum of ten and if a few are resettled with iceboxes, should be able to store supplies for a round trip.
The problem, however, is that the ship is in terrible condition. The hull is secure, but one of the boilers is ruptured and the steam motor has since rusted away. There is a scrapyard downstream which could hold parts, however, and you have a blacksmith in your group. Speaking of whom, he actually went east (downstream) a while ago.

Once repaired, all she will need is a name.

Sir John's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Tall Feathered Hat
Abilities:
[1] The Reluctant Guardsman (+1/-1)
Ceremonial Combatant
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:07:57 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 3 (Page 3)
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 03:49:33 am »

[6] There is indeed a salvage yard, though located far away from the
though located far away from the
far away from the
From the what?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

The guard walks back to the group. "A'ight, we've got ah steam boat up steam, need ah four person crew and it need ta be fix'd up. We got ah blacksmith yeh?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]