Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork won't save properly occasionally  (Read 630 times)

artyom15

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Masterwork won't save properly occasionally
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:04:46 pm »

I am having this bug where occasionally when I save and exit the game and I come back to it later, I find that it didn't really save my game and is instead operating off of the save I loaded when I came back. For example if I save at 550/8/22, and I come back to that point and play until 551/2/23 and then save and exit, when I come back later my save-game will still be at 550/8/22. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Because it already ruined one of my forts as it happened to said fort twice now.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork won't save properly occasionally
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »

Any chance you're confused by the file naming convention that appends both dates? 

Save Filename-Date1
Load Filename-Date1
Save Filename-Date1-Date2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:50:58 pm »

Yeah, you probably loaded up another save, keep saving into that save folder, while then returning the game from an old save in a folder with a newer name. It happens in vanilla too if you use seasonal save with backups.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

artyom15

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:12 am »

I turned autosave now, but I was loading and saving to Region 2 every time. I turned off compression along with autosave and now I am going to see if that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:12:18 pm by artyom15 »