Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question about legends  (Read 2297 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Question about legends
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:59 am »

In my legends, it says that under "Alive" I only have 17299, with:

Human: 6010
Dwarf: 4201
Elf: 3613
Goblin: 1572

But then I scroll down to Site Populations, and I see this:

Goblins: 72889
Humans: 60599
Elves: 53604

So... which one is accurate? What is site populations? I can't actually have THAT many things running around in my world, can I? Wouldn't that make it unbearably laggy?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Question about legends
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:05:44 am »

Historical figures vs padding npcs so sites aren't empty.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:13:53 pm »

I don't play much adv. mode. You CAN go and find all 70k goblins if you felt like walking to every goblin site, right
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:15:11 pm »

Historical figures vs padding npcs so sites aren't empty.

Ah, okay, thank you. I was wondering because I've got about 1200 total goblin kills and it seems to have severely dented their population yet it said they still had tens of thousands. Too bad I can't seem to actually FIND those tens of thousands. They'd be a nice addition to the kill counter

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 06:35:56 am »

1200!

Does your adventurer breath large green glass serrated disc!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:22 am »

It's pretty easy to kill large amounts of goblins. You just climb.up a tower and start slicing at heads. They don't even try to resist most of the time. Probably because they're just civilians and i don't think I've ever even seen a goblin soldier in adventurer mode.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:08:05 am by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 09:19:02 am »

It's pretty easy to kill large amounts of goblins. You just climb.up a tower and start slicing at heads. They don't even try to resist most of the time. Probably because they're just civilised and i don't think I've ever even seen a goblin soldier in adventurer mode.
If you ever see goblin soldier,kill him because he will quickly turn hostile (i was once killed by goblin swordsmaster in ghost village)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:06 pm »

1200!

Lol, dude, I just got done slaughtering a town of 1000+ humans, earlier I destroyed a dwarf fortress of roughly 400 dwarves. I have 4280 notable kills, 2793 other kills.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:13:00 pm »

I was wondering because I've got about 1200 total goblin kills and it seems to have severely dented their population yet it said they still had tens of thousands.

There's an ongoing bug in df2014 (and judging from the bug tracker seems to have been there from years ago) that can respawn things you killed in adventure mode. I have observed it happening a lot with goblins and trolls in gob sites, but people have been noticed it with with nearly every kind of npc.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 10:59:02 pm »

I see lots of gob soldiers, and yeah, the passive non-historical respawning npcs are annoying.

Anius Talewise

• Bay Watcher
  • Tango Mammam Mollem Bellatoris Germanici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 12:02:32 am »

It's pretty easy to kill large amounts of goblins. You just climb.up a tower and start slicing at heads. They don't even try to resist most of the time. Probably because they're just civilised and i don't think I've ever even seen a goblin soldier in adventurer mode.
i encountered goblin macemen, crossbowmen, etc in the dark fortress
they're there. I also recall running into armed goblin bandits who were harassing villages or had taken them over.

On the subject of spawning npcs, i wonder if these are the npc's with no family to speak of? will npc's with family members usually be historical figures?

edit: also I spawned a dwarven fortess that had humans and goblins as well as dwarves as residents. Some goblin soldiers were in the fortress guard.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:06:47 am by Anius Talewise »

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:20:50 am »

So, under this premise, it is still not possible to reach the Age of Twilight through sheer force and willpower, right?
I really thought that the respawning bug was gone... It's been a while since I last checked Mantis.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 12:03:59 pm »

So, under this premise, it is still not possible to reach the Age of Twilight through sheer force and willpower, right?
I really thought that the respawning bug was gone... It's been a while since I last checked Mantis.

It is possible you just have to leave the sites come back, kill more, an  repeat until you have killed off the abstract(nonhistorical figure) populations.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

I was wondering because I've got about 1200 total goblin kills and it seems to have severely dented their population yet it said they still had tens of thousands.

There's an ongoing bug in df2014 (and judging from the bug tracker seems to have been there from years ago) that can respawn things you killed in adventure mode. I have observed it happening a lot with goblins and trolls in gob sites, but people have been noticed it with with nearly every kind of npc.

This is not entirely true, the "respawning"  npcs are just the abstract populations.the historical figure populations obviously don't respawn. And you can kill them off if you are able to and have the patience to slog through the innumerable amount of kills you would need to cut up their sites population.( the max per site I've seen is 5 to 6 thousand. (In dark fortresses)

The actual respawning bug (which was actually a bug, was fixed dome time after version 40.16) according to the bug tracker.which was actually respawning npcs.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:16:40 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:01 am »

1200!

Lol, dude, I just got done slaughtering a town of 1000+ humans, earlier I destroyed a dwarf fortress of roughly 400 dwarves. I have 4280 notable kills, 2793 other kills.

Geez, you people sure know how to genocide. I have trouble reaching 100+ kills before getting killed usually.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.
Pages: [1] 2