Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was fully armored invaders ever a thing?  (Read 821 times)

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Was fully armored invaders ever a thing?
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

I'm using modest accelerated mod for 40.24.

One of the features of accelerated is invaders wear less clothing. So I'm getting invaders that are half naked. The usual uniform on invaders is just a torso and head armor item.

I was thinking about asking how to re-enable what they wear, but if all that means is they will show up again in silk pants and leather gloves and wool socks (terrible as armor) I just might as well forget about it.

I've been playing with some form of accelerated for so long that I don't recall vanilla invader uniforms. Did they ever come with full armor?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Was fully armored invaders ever a thing?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:56:59 pm »

They didn't. The basic invader uniform is always a high armorlevel hat and a high armorlevel shirt, embossed images of the civilization symbol optional. Clothes come from elsewhere.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:25:33 am »

Nope, it wasn't.

If you want decently armored siegers I suggest modding. Fortress Defense used to work, but now in DF2014 it's Peace Fortress, so...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 01:23:02 am »

I'm still hoping for a custom invader script (roses was doing something on that, but I think it was never finished), that allows to spawn units with equipment, faking invasions or ambushes with all kinds of creatures, not just existing civs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::