Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 14500 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Roll to form a Cult: Round 4
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:21:01 am »

You drift through the featureless Aether, it's inimical nature steadily sapping away at your reserves of power. It is your opposite. You are a being of faith, of worship and wonder. The Aether is the cruel and cold foundation of reality, constantly destroying the flights of fancy that sustain your being.

Just as you are about to finally succumb to the depredations of your prison, contingencies put into place so long ago finally activate. The walls of reality have grown thin, the gods that imprisoned you have fallen silent, the lurker at the threshold slumbers, and the stars are right.

Even as you ready yourself to intrude once more on the material plane, to sway people into worshiping you, you cannot help but recall the events that led to you being stuck here in the first place.

Yes, you were once known as [insert name here], [insert title here] of [insert sphere here]! It was that [insert adjective here] [insert nemesis here] who did this to you, all because [insert backstory here].

But now you were back! And this time you would do it right! You would [insert goal here], if only you could gain enough [insert secondary source of power here], and once more have your flock [insert some cult practices here]

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ranks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:00:53 pm by Demonic Spoon »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:24:11 am »

reserved.

In a forgotten age, I was known unto the world as Ira-Erazmin, Primal God of Vitriol. It was that loathesome Prince Azorn, an unnatural creature born of one part god and one part man, whom the other gods sent to destroy me after I planted seeds of hatred in the hearts of the earliest humans.

Yet after aeons of hopeless drifting in the Aether, I have returned to reap the aforementioned crop, and thus engulf the world in hatred and despair. As I am a being fueled by rancor, I require suffering as sustenance; as such, my followers are encouraged to act upon their worst impulses in order to make others miserable..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:12:19 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:32 am »

I once known as Adorable Kittens, Beloved of Cyberspace! It was that Trollfaced Derpmeme who did this to me, all because lol wtf? srsly, dood.

But now I am back! And this time I will do it right! I will Make the m Squee!!1!one, if only I can gain enough upvotes, and once more have my flock upload countless videos, silly captioned pictures, and games about my image! :3 :3 :3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 02:54:29 am »

I was once and am still known as Kikai'Ventuk, The Writhing Corpse Amalgam. My Sphere was and is Undeath. It was Literally The Manifestation of Life that sealed me away. The reasons are pretty obvious if you think about them.

I am back now. The universe will wither and die once more, I simply require additional corpses for mass. My cultists will die for me. Returning as undead wrights to plague the living. You only die once. However you can live twice. For a price.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 03:21:35 am »

Yes, you were once known as Asarias, God of War! It was that bastard of creation, Mezujin the Umbral Luminescence, who did this to you, all because you kept defeating his oh so carefully prepared spells with the barest modicum of tactics and firepower.

But now you were back! And this time you would do it right! You would destroy that accursed Mezujin once and for all, if only you could recover your sword, the End of Apocalypse, and once more have your flock create the mightiest army known to creation and destroy all those who oppose you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:27:38 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 03:48:43 am »

PTW

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 04:19:23 am »

I once known as Adorable Kittens, Beloved of Cyberspace! It was that Trollfaced Derpmeme who did this to me, all because lol wtf? srsly, dood.

But now I am back! And this time I will do it right! I will Make the m Squee!!1!one, if only I can gain enough upvotes, and once more have my flock upload countless videos, silly captioned pictures, and games about my image! :3 :3 :3
No.

This is a fantasy setting, so that's not acceptable. It would still have been rather iffy if this a modern-day setting.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:24:41 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 05:33:54 am »

((I will do a quick intro for each application that is accepted, these do not count as updates.))

I was once and am still known as Kikai'Ventuk, The Writhing Corpse Amalgam. My Sphere was and is Undeath. It was Literally The Manifestation of Life that sealed me away. The reasons are pretty obvious if you think about them.

I am back now. The universe will wither and die once more, I simply require additional corpses for mass. My cultists will die for me. Returning as undead weights to plague the living. You only die once. However you can live twice. For a price.

(10)

Your undulating bulk silently glides past the Lurker at the Threshold. There is a brief moment of panic as he stirs slightly in his sleep, but you're past before he notices you. The walls may have grown thin, but it is still a struggle to push your mass through. You feel the power of the celestial alignment reaching through from the other side, forcibly pulling you into the mortal world then nothing for a few moments, before existence exploded in being.

You find yourself in a small village, its inhabitants slightly malnourished. The Goddess of Life had stopped granting the prayers of her priests to bless the fields, and reduced to their former output they struggled to support the population that had grown on the back of the increased harvests her worship had brought. Rationing was in effect and many grumbled about the Goddess who abandoned her loyal followers.

It seemed you had arrived at an opportune time to begin... conversion.

You have a single worshipper, an ancient lich who still remembers the benefactor that granted him immortality. Sadly he is not particularly skilled, and seems to have been sealed away by a small but dedicated order of the vile Life Church from what you can sense, weakened as you are.

You are a ravenous Poltergeist (10% satiation, Rank 1, 1 Worshipper). Roughly at the level of a minor Guardian Angel, you can only effect a single person or smallish object with your power. Appearing in the dreams of a mortal or whispering on the wind. Shoving rocks, lighting candles, drawing holy words in the dirt and other such poltergeist like activity are all possible.

However, in the sphere of undeath you are somewhat less limited. You could raise a small graveyard worth of corpses up as shambling undead, teach a single worshipper the secrets of necromancy or raise a more powerful undead such as a wight, that could convert the living into its mindless spawn.

Yes, you were once known as Asarias, God of War! It was that bastard of creation, Mezujin the Umbral Luminescence, who did this to you, all because you kept defeating his oh so carefully prepared spells with the barest modicum of tactics and firepower.

But now you were back! And this time you would do it right! You would destroy that accursed Mezujin once and for all, if only you could recover your sword, the End of Apocalypse, and once more have your flock create the mightiest army known to creation and destroy all those who oppose you.

(15)

You stomp past the Lurker, almost hoping it wakes up so you can do battle with it. The only reason you refrain from purposefully awakening it is your current weakened state, all the fault of that accursed Mezujin, sore loser that he is. Confronted with the barrier blocking off the world from this plane of Aether, you almost instinctively reach for your sword, before once more swearing vengance upon Mezujin as you are reminded that is it missing from your side.

Rage burning brightly in your heart, you claw through the obstruction, the stars strengthening your strikes. For a brief glorious moment you are lord of heaven, the planet stretching down below you, and then you are falling. With but a thought you guide your descent. To where you feel a small candle of devotion from those who still remember the old ways, your ways.

A small dojo comes into view, where a family of priests teaches the fighting styles passed down from yourself so long ago. They carry out the rituals as tradition demands, but you can only feel the spark of true belief from a meagre three of them. The first, the seeming patriarch of the family, is busy training new disciples in the way of sword. Another, a younger man, perhaps his grandson, is studiously trying to piece together a burnt manuscript. And the third is a young girl of no older than six, fervently praying to a half-broken statue of you, a single incense stick burning as she begs you to allow her to fight as the men do, instead of being relegated to woman's work.

On a sidenote, you cannot help but be worried by the complete absence of your nemesis your senses are detecting from the world around you. Perhaps he is waiting in ambush?

You are a Hungry Poltergeist (20% satiation, Rank 1, 3 Worshipers). Roughly at the level of a minor Guardian Angel, you can only effect a single person or smallish object with your power. Appearing in the dreams of a mortal or whispering on the wind. Shoving rocks, lighting candles, drawing holy words in the dirt and other such poltergeist like activity are all possible.

However, in the sphere of war you are somewhat less limited. You could rapidly increase the skill of a single person in the battle arts, turn the tides of a minor battle through the tweaking of fortune or conjure up a few dozen temporary implements of war.

((I would like to note that due to the uniqueness of your secondary power source you'll going to have to devour or parasitize other gods to increase your satiation if you don't get the sword. If you do get the sword however, it'll give you a big boost to your satiation, and allow you to stay manifested for pretty long periods. Getting the sword won't be easy though))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:13:23 am by Demonic Spoon »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 06:21:08 am »

Did you miss my character, or do I need to change something?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 06:35:21 am »

Begin teaching my Ancient Lich the secrets of Life and Death. Investigate Their surroundings.

"I Have Returned."

Search the village for graves, burial sites, burial mounds or graveyards.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:52:03 am by Kevak »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 06:42:39 am »

((I would like to note that due to the uniqueness of your secondary power source you'll going to have to devour or parasitize other gods to increase your satiation if you don't get the sword. If you do get the sword however, it'll give you a big boost to your satiation, and allow you to stay manifested for pretty long periods. Getting the sword won't be easy though))
(I'm fine with this. I'd ask if the sword could increase satiation when it kills people but that might be a bit OP. I have a mechanics question, though. How many actions can we do per turn? If I wanted to scribble the word "fight" on the floor, give the girl a crap-ton of fighting skill, then temporarily make some weapons and armour for her fight, would I be able to do all that no problem? Would I get penalties to my rolls for doing more than one thing?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 06:43:35 am »

Did you miss my character, or do I need to change something?
I don't think it was there when I made the post? Or I just missed it.

In a forgotten age, I was known unto the world as Ira-Erazmin, Primal God of Vitriol. It was that loathesome Prince Azorn, an unnatural creature born of one part god and one part man, whom the other gods sent to destroy me after I planted seeds of hatred in the hearts of the earliest humans.

Yet after aeons of hopeless drifting in the Aether, I have returned to reap the aforementioned crop, and thus engulf the world in hatred and despair. As I am a being fueled by rancor, I require suffering as sustenance; as such, my followers are encouraged to act upon their worst impulses in order to make others miserable..
(4)

You slither to the gateway out of the Aether on a slimy pile of acid, bitterness in your heart. Your movement is sluggish, you had been imprisoned in here a long, long time, and even a heart full of spite only keeps you barely alive. As you crawl past the Lurker however, he seems to be awakened by your foul stench for a brief yet horrible moment, pseudopods lashing out in irritation, knocking you through the threshold into reality in a screaming arc.

You feel precious fragments of your strength being ripped away from you by your violent passage through the membrane between worlds, as you crash down wounded into a dune of sand, vile ichor flowing from wounds caused by your ordeal.

You hear a small groan of frustration on the other side of the dune, and slowly struggle over it, to see emaciated wreck of a man, glaring at a small fountain of water in fury at the world itself.

Examining the situation, your deep understanding of the darker emotions informs you that this man, lost in the desert, had finally stumbled upon a source of water, only to for it to be undrinkably brackish.

He is currently lashing out at the world that taunts him so, making him ripe for enlightenment, temptation into acting in the proper way. To embrace his hatred, his rage, his despair. You just need to give that final nudge to a man that has lost everything...

You believe you are too weak to attempt to leave this man, you are on the brink of death, and if you fail to convert him you fear for your continued existence.

You are a starving Fallen God (4% Satiation, Rank 0, 0 Worshippers). You are near powerless in the physical world, your only hope to interact with those vanishingly rare individuals who have spirit sight.

However, with your sphere of Vitriol, you can whisper hate-filled words into the ear of an individual, or invoke feelings of anger or disgust in him, or conjure up miniscule orbs of acid to smite the unbelievers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:38:40 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 06:44:41 am »

(I'm fine with this. I'd ask if the sword could increase satiation when it kills people but that might be a bit OP. I have a mechanics question, though. How many actions can we do per turn? If I wanted to scribble the word "fight" on the floor, give the girl a crap-ton of fighting skill, then temporarily make some weapons and armour for her fight, would I be able to do all that no problem? Would I get penalties to my rolls for doing more than one thing?)
You can do as many as you want but get penalties going beyond one action. You could do actions below your rank without getting penalties, but you'd lose the bonus such actions would get.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 06:48:16 am »

((What constitutes an action? Examining the surroundings doesn't seem like something that would be very actiony.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 06:50:53 am »

((What constitutes an action? Examining the surroundings doesn't seem like something that would be very actiony.))
((Anything that requires you to exert your divine power. General observation wouldn't count, but if you were actively scouring the landscape for ancient artifacts hidden there by powerful magic that would require an action.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12