Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 14498 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 06:52:09 am »

Ah.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 06:57:19 am »

Begin teaching my Ancient Lich the secrets of Life and Death. Investigate Their surroundings.

"I Have Returned."

Search the village for graves, burial sites, burial mounds or graveyards.
You find yourself confounded by what you believe are protective wards, preventing you from discovering the location of your worshiper. You are only barely cognizant of his mere existence, you will have find some way to locate him. Still, he should not be far from here, your metaphysical link causing you to appear near him.

((Did not carry it out as an action yet, just giving more information, so you can edit the action accordingly. The searching for graveyards thing wouldn't count as an action for you))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 06:58:36 am »

Begin searching for my Worshiper.

Also do the graveyard searching thing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:00:49 am »

When night comes, I send a dream to the patriarch. The dream is of the young girl grown up and in full battle attire. In the dream, she has just killed several enemy warriors with an honour guard at her side. My visage can be seen in the background.

I give the girl great skill in the battle arts, relative to her age. Her skill will grow more quickly in training than normal.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:03:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 07:26:35 am »

Begin searching for my Worshiper.

Also do the graveyard searching thing.

(9)
Fortunately, locating your worshiper is simpler than you feared it to be, as you track his location down to somewhere inside the large, but relatively mundane church located at the center of the town. Unfortunately, you cannot narrow it down any further, the wards around the church powerful enough to prevent easy entry to one such as you, who are anathema to Life.

There seems to be a modest sized graveyard at the outskirts of the village, grave-markers shaded by trees, no doubt the doctrine of the Life-Goddess that those who died be returned to other life or some such rot.

Interesting, you also discover a single old burial mound much further out, though the locals think it merely a hill. There are also some mass graves deep beneath the foundations of the newer buildings at the edges of the village, probably those slain by plague or the like, though they seem to have been dug long ago.

You are a ravenous Poltergeist (9% satiation, Rank 1, 1 Worshiper)

When night comes, I send a dream to the patriarch. The dream is of the young girl grown up and in full battle attire. In the dream, she has just killed several enemy warriors with an honour guard at her side. My visage can be seen in the background.

I give the girl great skill in the battle arts, relative to her age. Her skill will grow more quickly in training than normal.
(20-1) (15-1)

Your dream is miraculously effective, completely renewing the Patriarch's flagging faith in you, that had almost been reduced to a deeply engraved habit. He takes the girl under his wing as his personal pupil, teaching her all he knows. Surprisingly, the other members of the family are largely supportive of this, helped on by how quickly she takes to fighting, her skill quickly outstripping her peers at the dojo.

The girl, called Nimu, has taken this as a blessing from you, and faithfully prays to your statue in thanks every sunrise.

Her rapid progress seems to have spurred something on in the Patriarch Argul, and one night over a family supper, he spoke with the members of the clan about the prophetic dream he had, of young Nimu a warrior full-grown leading the family to glory on the battlefield.

His testimony seems to have created something of a rift in the family, with two, his son and daughter, being filled with vigor by his words, their worship becoming somewhat more genuine. However, the rest of the family seems inclined to think that Argul is finally losing his mind to old age, and are considering politely forcing him into retirement.

Argul's grandson by his daughter still struggles to piece together burnt pieces of parchment, trying to restore the original document. The rest of the family is becoming worried about his health, as he is obsessing over it, rarely leaving his room even for meals.

You are a hungry Poltergeist (19% satiation, Rank 1, 5 Worshipers)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:34:52 am by Demonic Spoon »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 07:34:02 am »

Yes, I remember ... I was once known as Darnos, Overlord of Destruction! It was that Vazeron, Sculptor of Life, who imprisoned me here! and all because I tortured and destroyed his prized creations.

Yet destruction is inevitable, and now I have returned! I will fulfil my purpose and destroy all that exists! To sustain myself, I require acts of destruction to be carried out - the more valuable/complex/massive the object/organization/idea the better! Those who wish to follow me will aid me by destroying the things they and others value most, so that they may be in tune with my ideals.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:27 am »

(I am getting really good rolls! :D)

I send a dream to Argul's son. The dream is an image of my sword, resplendent in its own glory. It is being wielded by the silhouette of a woman, a single word loudly whispered by my own voice: "Ea"

(removed)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:45:22 pm by Toady One »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:52 am »

Yes, I remember ... I was once known as Darnos, Overlord of Destruction! It was that Vazeron, Sculptor of Life, who imprisoned me here! and all because I tortured and destroyed his prized creations.

Yet destruction is inevitable, and now I have returned! I will fulfil my purpose and destroy all that exists! To sustain myself, I require acts of destruction to be carried out - the more valuable/complex/massive the object/organization/idea the better! Those who wish to follow me will aid me by destroying the things they and others value most, so that they may be in tune with my ideals.
(14)
You surge into motion, the urge to destroy speeding your movement as you rush at the door to material plane, exploding it into a massive gaping maw, Aether quickly flowing out of it in your wake to taint the mortal world even as you rush forward, seeking things to destroy. No doubt those who follow will have an easier time breaking through, but the Lurker's sleep has become uneasy.

You find yourself drawn to a large city, situated on the banks of a river. The city is burning. Thatch-roofed buildings blaze away merrily, and you immediately notice the arsonist responsible for this widespread devastation. A rather insane pyromancer, seemingly inspired by ancient cave-paintings depicting you, driven by them to inflict widespread destruction. Your cackles of glee harmonize with his own as you watch him burning down a great library, irreplaceable tomes of biology going up in smoke, lost forever, even as librarians try to save what they can, many of them losing their lives to the fire.

Vazeron would be furious, especially considering the church of the Life Pantheon that has already been reduced to a burnt out husk by your newest pet.

You are a hungry poltergeist (25% Satiation, Rank 1, 2 (1) Worshipers)

However, your sphere of destruction, will allow you to destroy city blocks, or small crowds of humans. Such actions are obviously divine, and may grant you more worshipers as they throw themselves at your mercy to preserve their lives.

(removed)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:45:41 pm by Toady One »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 07:59:20 am »

Is the pyromancer a mage (ie spews fire out of his hands and stuff)? Or just a crazy arsonist guy?
Sig! Onol

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 08:05:45 am »

Is the pyromancer a mage (ie spews fire out of his hands and stuff)? Or just a crazy arsonist guy?
He is a mage (pyromancer), but is also a crazy arsonist guy (pyromaniac)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 08:10:57 am »

Hmm, I can work with that.

Enhance his fire magic - increase it's destructiveness and change it's color to black. Inform him that I am pleased with his actions and wish him to assemble more followers so that greater acts of destruction may be carried out.
Sig! Onol

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:04 am »

I send a dream to Argul's son. The dream is an image of my sword, resplendent in its own glory. It is being wielded by the silhouette of a woman, a single word loudly whispered by my own voice: "Ea"
Don't reference so blatantly. Assuming you are talking about Giglamesh's sword.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 08:27:18 am »

It wasn't a reference, it's just the spelling when you make an acronym of End of Apocalypse - EA. I intend for the real name to be a mystery for mortals to uncover or maybe something else if something comes to mind. I didn't read the Epic of Gilgamesh so I don't know if he actually gets a sword called that. Gilgamesh from Fate/Zero has a crap-ton of swords but they're all unnamed.

(removed)

EDIT: I can just whisper the actual name if I have to. The "Ea Mystery" concept isn't really that important to me.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:46:56 pm by Toady One »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 08:43:42 am »

Hmm, I can work with that.

Enhance his fire magic - increase it's destructiveness and change it's color to black. Inform him that I am pleased with his actions and wish him to assemble more followers so that greater acts of destruction may be carried out.
(20)
Borgun watched the fires in glee. They whispered to him, sweet words. "Yes, burn them my child. Burn them all. You please me, Darnos! -"

The fires seem to be saying something more, but he is distracted by the sudden upwelling of raw power filling his body to the bursting point. Titanic gouts of fire leap forth from his body, the flames well beyond his control at this point. The people begging him for mercy were turned into ash with a giggle. Those that ran away slowly burned up from flames on their inside.

He can only laugh as he buffeted to and fro by the will of the fire, burning and burning, until there was nothing left. An entire city, reduced to cinder.

You watch as Borgun collapses, the black fires you gifted him with eating away at him, their destructiveness unable to be controlled. You watch as superstitious farmers bring their crops to sell at the city, only to find the city gone. Most flee away, to their shrines, praying to Vazeron to save them from the demons that had destroyed the city.

But there are two, a farmer and his wife who had always looked down on the city-folk, seeing them as evil sinners. They saw this as divine retribution, cleansing the unworthy from the earth, a belief only strengthened by the black flames still smoldering among the ruins.

They then find Borgun, the only thing unharmed by the inferno, lying amidst the ashes of an orphanage. They see him as the only one unharmed by the smiting of god, a holy man, and take him back their homestead, slowly nursing him back to health.

You are a peckish poltergeist (30% Satiation, Rank 1, 4 (3) Worshipers)

((I might need to stop using random.org))

It wasn't a reference, it's just the spelling when you make an acronym of End of Apocalypse - EA. I intend for the real name to be a mystery for mortals to uncover or maybe something else if something comes to mind. I didn't read the Epic of Gilgamesh so I don't know if he actually gets a sword called that. Gilgamesh from Fate/Zero has a crap-ton of swords but they're all unnamed.

EDIT: I can just whisper the actual name if I have to. The "Ea Mystery" concept isn't really that important to me.
Ah, now I actually get what you're doing. We're still sort of on the first round, so I'll carry that out when we get to the next turn.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:46:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 12:34:37 pm »

Yes, you were once known as Vashna, Lord of knowledge of Forbidden knowledge! It was that ignorant fool King Aruthe who did this to you, all because I killed all the overly ignorant people in his land including his only son.

But now you were back! And this time you would do it right! You would destroy ignorance subtly, if only you could gain enough illegal books, and once more have your flock burn the stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12