Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 14497 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »

Locate a less then faithful priest of the Life God. Plant the seed of doubt in their heart: An undead elf? Elves don't get buried. An undead growing plants? Really now? Something's off about this undead 'elf' especially with the loss of priestly blessings among living priests. Yet somehow, this Undead elf has the blessings? This is a trick. A Trojan Elfzombie. Should rally the priesthood and kill it before it's too late.

At the same time, seed the minds of the peasantry with news of the undying one's return. The Priests of Life are corrupt. It took a Zombie to provide enough food. A Zombie Elf. Elves don't get buried. This is a Herald of the Amaglam. Why should elves be the only immortals? Why should they be reliant on food that they can't grow themselves? Undead don't require food. Nor do they ever stay dead. And then there is always the option of becoming one with God. Sacrificing your corporeal self in exchange for ethereal abilities. Your flesh added to the body of God.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 04:16:28 pm »

I lean over, and whisper into the man's ears.

"You have a choice now: you may give up, and concede your life to this cruel desert. After all, there is nothing left for you here; might as well give up on this meaningless life and let your wretched soul descend to some danker, darker hell than this one.

Or, you can take up the righteous path of vengeance... the path of hate. The path of Ira-Erazmin. You can have your way with the world, gouge its eyes just as it gouged yours. All you need do is pray to it, pray by hate's true name... Worship the truest of gods, that primal bastion of hate. Pray to Ira-Erazmin.

Whisper words of venom, let it be.
(18)

"Yes. Yes... I see now. If the world wishes to stomp on me while I am reduced to such a pitiful state, then I shall take my pound of flesh from the world in turn. Ira-Erazmin. Give me the power to reduce the world to ashes. My hate burns."

The man is still suffering, but it has been pushed to the back of his mind by his burning hatred. You satiety remains steady, but does not increase. He is however, on the brink of death by dehydration and sunstroke, and quite delirious, which is why it was so easy to convert him. You might want to try and do something about this. Try to find a way out of the desert maybe?

You are a ravenous poltergeist (5% Satiation, Rank 1, 2 (1) Worshiper)

Your sphere of vitriol allows you to ignite feelings of rage and hatred in medium-sized groups of people, inciting riots and lynchings. You can create small balls of acid and control moderate amounts of naturally occurring acid. You might even gift an individual with overpowering feelings of vitriol warping their mind, allowing them to go beyond the limits of their body for a while, though at a cost as they reject the weakness that keeps them back, their body suffering to keep up with their demands, building up a backlash that would be released sooner or later.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 04:21:13 pm »

Give whatever the guy's name is a healthy dose of the ol' vitrolium, hopefully allowing him to walk and follow spoken directions, and try to find a way out of the desert.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:25:35 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:40 pm »

"Have you tried building a really fancy clock? I mean making gears and axles shouldn't be that hard using wood and reeds but the springs might be difficult. Tick."
Make a bunch of swamp grass good for making springs.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »

Use my knowledge to learn who the smartest person in the nearest town is and eat the knowledge of the Luminance. ((don't know if that's the name))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:30:31 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 05:27:15 pm »

Has Argul's son been trained in martial arts? I just want to make sure. Also, who is Nimu the daughter of?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2015, 05:59:48 pm »

Use my knowledge to learn who the smartest person in the nearest town is and eat the knowledge of the Luminance. ((don't know if that's the name))
Muzijen, the Umbral Luminscence is a god. Are you sure you want to try eating his knowledge? In any case, you'll need to locate him first.

Has Argul's son been trained in martial arts? I just want to make sure. Also, who is Nimu the daughter of?
He's in his fifties, so yes. Nimu is the daughter of someone. I haven't drawn up a full family tree. I'll sleep on it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:01:41 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2015, 06:21:21 pm »

Sorry bad why of phrasing it I meant to remove the knowledge of him from the person who I sought out And then attempt to convert him.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »

I search for Fallen Gods to devour as I wait for the manuscript to finish being repaired. I also look for the four people with the greatest potential for martial ability, Nimu aside.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:35:29 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2015, 09:05:38 pm »

Yes, I was once known as Daljinn the Devourer of Hope, Granter of Wishes! It was that clockwork fool Zonbuk and that know-it-all Vashna who did this to me, all because mortals should advance on their own merits through progress and innovation, not by having their wishes granted by malevolent genies.

But now I have returned!  I would raise empires and cast them down through granted wishes, if only I could crush the hope and dreams of enough souls as a result of granted wishes, and once more have your flock convince the hopeless to commit ritual suicide.

[If I can't pick Zonbuk and Vashna as rivals, then Viloctis, Lord of Innovation instead.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »

Yes, I was once known as Daljinn the Devourer of Hope, Granter of Wishes! It was that clockwork fool Zonbuk and that know-it-all Vashna who did this to me, all because mortals should advance on their own merits through progress and innovation, not by having their wishes granted by malevolent genies.

But now I have returned!  I would raise empires and cast them down through granted wishes, if only I could crush the hope and dreams of enough souls as a result of granted wishes, and once more have your flock convince the hopeless to commit ritual suicide.

[If I can't pick Zonbuk and Vashna as rivals, then Viloctis, Lord of Innovation instead.]
I am totally fine with If it and it will let us have early level fights *is silently hoping Iituem gets a lower roll then me*

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2015, 09:14:58 pm »

"Ah, yes.  Some of the decisions of the past may not have been to your greater benefit.  But see now Turm, you have always been a stronghold of might... and faith.  A creature to be revered and the greatest follower a god could ask for.  And here I stand before you, you standing with power and myself offering opportunity.  In the positions we are in, certainly any deal made will be highly lucrative for you, no?  By now you're more than acquainted with my abilities.  Let us move forward and consider the future!  To one bright with the shine of gold far beyond the scope of any mere mortal's comprehension.  This is your chance to take stock in that future, and your critical influence will secure us a world even greater for us than even the most beautiful dream could provide!"
Send Thurm a tantalizing vision of his lair improved with the divine depths of finery.  If possible, heighten his desire for the treasures I could offer, hopefully convincing him to be more open to favorable negotiation.  He has been faithful despite my long absence and past experiences, so keeping him is definitely in my best interest.  Now... to just work around that one small breach of trust...

((Greed and contempt do indeed go hand-in-hand... and really so do greed and war.  Whether or not any of them could tolerate an alliance in the long term is the real question.  :P ))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2015, 09:46:22 pm »

I was once known as Lysandra, Goddess of Seduction! It was that interesting Daljinn Granter of wishes who did this to me, all because I wished for it due to my heartbroken state.

But now I am back! And this time I would do it right. I will bring forth eternal lust! If only enough orgies can be held in my name and my underlings once more seduce the masses!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2015, 01:16:21 am »

Yes, I was once known as Cimag, Granter of Magic! It was that blasted Relopsews, Destroyer of Magic, who did this to me, all because he believed that mortals do not deserve and cannot handle the power of magic.

But now I am back! And this time I will do it right! I will spread magic throughout the world, if I could gain enough joy, happiness, wonder, and other positive emotions, and once more have my flock increase mortals' (and immortals') prowess with magic.

I was once known as Lysandra, Goddess of Seduction! It was that interesting Daljinn Granter of wishes who did this to me, all because I wished for it due to my heartbroken state.

But now I am back! And this time I would do it right. I will bring forth eternal lust! If only enough orgies can be held in my name and my underlings once more seduce the masses!
And here I was thinking that this would remain PG-13. I would like you to know that your sphere makes me uncomfortable, due to my friends' tendency to look at what I'm doing on electronic devices, and in general.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:28 am »

Can I keep an eye, so to speak, on my worshipers while I look elsewhere?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12