Poll

Do you want a RP hall of fame?

Yes
- 7 (41.2%)
No
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 15, 2015, 08:31:30 pm

Author Topic: Role play hall of fame interest check.  (Read 1029 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Role play hall of fame interest check.
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:30:03 pm »

I was wondering if anyone thinks we should create a Roleplay hall of fame like roll to dodge has.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Role play hall of fame interest check.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:27:13 pm »

Sure
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:49:54 pm »

Truth be told, there was a thread here two months ago or so, which simply asked about one's favorite gm's in different areas of interest, and a few misc questions.

Those "comparisons", did not blow over that well. In essence, every "mention" is a compliment, which in reverse is a small "slight" to those mentioned less, or, worse yet, not mentioned at all. True enough, a good deal of the "big names" on here, do deserve a mention, based on the effort they have put into their games, no denying that one.

Having said that, anybody checking in on these forums on a daily basis, already has a picture on the current state of things, and who's who, and those "Who"s, have a pretty good grasp on their popularity based on the number of views and replies. If they even care enough to compare, that is.

Put simply; What is the intent of this thread?
Is it to "compare" current gm's, or is it to give attention towards "older" threads, like Lordship & Peers?

If the former, I doubt it will do much positive for anyone involved. If the later, hey, I'm all for giving our "classics" some love. ;3

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 09:01:29 pm »

Truth be told, there was a thread here two months ago or so, which simply asked about one's favorite gm's in different areas of interest, and a few misc questions.

Those "comparisons", did not blow over that well. In essence, every "mention" is a compliment, which in reverse is a small "slight" to those mentioned less, or, worse yet, not mentioned at all. True enough, a good deal of the "big names" on here, do deserve a mention, based on the effort they have put into their games, no denying that one.

Having said that, anybody checking in on these forums on a daily basis, already has a picture on the current state of things, and who's who, and those "Who"s, have a pretty good grasp on their popularity based on the number of views and replies. If they even care enough to compare, that is.

Put simply; What is the intent of this thread?
Is it to "compare" current gm's, or is it to give attention towards "older" threads, like Lordship & Peers?

If the former, I doubt it will do much positive for anyone involved. If the later, hey, I'm all for giving our "classics" some love. ;3

So people will have something to aspire to as a GM. It's also here so people can remember old RPs they've participated in.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Role play hall of fame interest check (SG)
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »

I think a history book section of the game list would be more appropriate. or a "remember when" sort of thread. A hall of fame implies that the games listed are somehow better than those not listed. There is no way to compare two games and say one is better, any measurement you use would be highly subjective. All and all, it would only hurt people's feelings and maybe decrease the level of creativity in game making.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46:03 pm »

I think a history book section of the game list would be more appropriate. or a "remember when" sort of thread. A hall of fame implies that the games listed are somehow better than those not listed. There is no way to compare two games and say one is better, any measurement you use would be highly subjective. All and all, it would only hurt people's feelings and maybe decrease the level of creativity in game making.

Ditto.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 02:13:32 am »

This sums up basically everything I was about to say.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:10:57 am »

Yeah, a history book session sounds more appropriate.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:16 am »