Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 85025 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 02:14:20 pm »

I'm posting to watch

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 02:46:35 pm »

Sounds fun. I'll take a turn and a dorf. Any dwarf with cheese making skill will do, although I assume it'll get drafted as soon as we get a military. ;D
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 05:05:55 pm »

No pictures for now, my connection seems to be being a jerk. Plus nearly everything is on a different level on account of the mountains.

Asmoth's Journal
15th of Granite, 202.

After much arguing, my companions eventually agreed that there was little point in continuing our hike over the mountains in an attempt to find the dwarven civilisation we'd heard rumours of. Unfortunately, they decided to settle down right where we were while they were having the argument, also known as a mountain that I'm fairly sure is cursed, if the purple goo raining from the sky is any indication. And now I'm somehow the one that they expect to make the decisions, even though I'm pretending to be an amnesiac doctor! Somehow, I doubt that we're all making it out of here alive...

1st of Slate.
Nobody's died yet, which is nice. Everyone is either mining out some space or hauling our supplies from the cursed mountain to the hopefully-not-cursed plains, aside from Maskwolf, who is sitting on one of the boulders in the stockpile and watching everyone else work. He's already developed a grudge with Ampersand and Taupe though, so I guess he's not been completely idle.

4th of Slate.
It turns out that I was right about the mountain being cursed. Everyone touched by the purple rain that we are now creatively calling 'horrid goo' is developing a nice set of blisters pretty much everywhere. They seem to be beyond my medical knowledge to prevent, though I've found that heating a needle above the magma and lancing them does wonders for the discomfort.

20th of Slate.
Maskwolf is seriously taking the piss. I don't think that he's going to do any work until we set up an official hospital and diagnose his ailment, which we can't do because he's the only one who knows how to make a bed! Or rather, we can do that, but it's going to take ages and I'm tossing him into the volcano as soon as we get a carpenter who doesn't take more sick leave than... I had something for this... In any case, no wonder Taupe and Ampersand hate him.

25th of Slate.
...and now Maskwolf is going to die of thirst because we have no access to water and he's refusing to drink the booze that's right next to him. This is not how I was hoping Spring would go.

Seriously, 4mask, get your act together -.-
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 05:56:43 pm »

Pfft. Wolf, your dorf is having a bad month.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 03:37:56 am »

Senshuken's Journal

25th of Slate.
Well, this place is a load of complete and utter elven shite and no mistake.

Seven of us here and someone is doing bugger all, purple goo rains from the sky that causes blisters and the only son of a bitch that can make a damn bed refuses to do anything... including drinking and eating. So yeah. Predict there will just be six of us soon... Might run the idea of eating the prick when he is dead past the others and see what they think. Fresh meat and all that. Mother told me not to waste good food and its not like we're going to bother digging the useless git a grave when he can finally be of use to us.

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:39 pm »

Well then.

Redwarf me as a dwarf entitled "The Masked Dwarf" once I inevitably die.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 06:05:25 pm »

Note: all of the starting seven have been blinded by the curse of the horrid goo. At the moment it shouldn't affect the quality of their work much, but if their eyes don't heal it'd probably be a good idea to move them into professions that don't require sight once they can be replaced. I doubt it'd be a good idea to let Senshuken stay in the militia, either.

Asmoth's Journal.
10th of Felsite.

I'm beginning to suspect that the injuries caused by the horrid goo are more serious than I initially thought. Perhaps I'm just concerned because it's affecting me, but it certainly seems to be a cause for concern:

Spoiler: It Burns (click to show/hide)

26th of Hematite.
A group of migrants arrived today. I'm not sure how they found us, but I don't really care all that much since it means there's someone around that's able to treat the rest of us. I'd do it myself, but my eyes appear to be mangled.

6th of Malachite
Everyone's up and about again, even Maskwolf. Nothing's actually been done about all that blistering and mangling, but at least everyone seems to feel better about it.

26th of Malachite
My sight has still not returned. I'm holding onto hope that it will return soon, but until then it looks like we'll be learning to work blind.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 09:31:20 pm »

The Die-Ary of Amperzand, 28th of Hematite;

Oh gods, this sludge is melting us... My eyes don't work anymore, my skin's falling off, and it doesn't hurt.

We're all going to become Ghouls, aren't we...

Shit. I liked having eyes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:44 pm »

You would think removing Senshuken from active military service would be a bad idea; You would be wrong. He gets to be a blind swordmaster now... and if he dies I can be redwarfed as someone with working eyes sooner. If possible, Can I change him from a shield and sword dwarf to a bigger, two handed sword? Possibly a katana if at all possible but I'll settle for just a two handed sword.

Senshuken's Journal

26th of Malachite

It seems I spoke to soon. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, turns out the purple goo falling from the sky has the nasty side effect of melting the eyes... Despite the horrible pain of the actual eye melting, I feel strangely fine. I mean, it would help if we had a doctor who could see in order to give us some proper medical care in order to try and treat all the damage but I'm not going to let something as minor as loss of sight stop me from killing everything that threatens this shitty, shitty Fortress.

Besides, a quick, clean death on the battlefield sounds a whole lot better then living here for the rest of my life as a cripple.

Wish me luck!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Askarn

• Bay Watcher
  • We must not allow a mineshaft gap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 11:32:10 pm »

Well, this got gruesome remarkably fast.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 12:57:30 am »

Heh. Heheheheheh. Heh.

We should probably set up a covered road to the map edge.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 01:14:28 am »

Seems like four out of five of our visitor will be trying to kill us. They could do with a bit of blinding.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 01:33:19 am »

Hmm. Make the covering for said roof out of bridges, which we can raise upon discovering dickish visitors?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 04:04:39 am »

It might be a good idea to selectively blind some of our workforce once we get enough to spare, now that I think of it. I mean, do corpse haulers really need eyes?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 06:01:12 am »

You may have a point. Of course, it's also possible that the blistering will eventually become so severe as to kill or disable us.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35