Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 85304 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

The situation at present is like, super bad. I wish I wasn't over'ing Immortalitytowers. In fact, I'd rather be anywhere but here!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, mostly anywhere.

BWAHAHAHA!  Damn you Taupe, you made me spit on my keyboard.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; Not a Tower, Life Expectancy Fifteen Hours
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2015, 06:29:10 pm »

A MIRACLE IS IN ORDER.

GIVE ME THE SAVE.
There is no miracles in this Armok's playground. Even your ghost, the most valiant of defenders is...well...a malevolent ghost of the dwarf long dead?
Well, flame DID ask for a flashing grey name, and he sort of got what he wished for?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2015, 06:33:55 pm »

A MIRACLE IS IN ORDER.

GIVE ME THE SAVE.
There is no miracles in this Armok's playground. Even your ghost, the most valiant of defenders is...well...a malevolent ghost of the dwarf long dead?
Well, flame DID ask for a flashing grey name, and he sort of got what he wished for?
This suddenly starts to make sense... And I'm quite horrified by what this implies.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2015, 07:10:18 pm »

Wait, I got this - I wish to come back to life in the same body.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2015, 07:12:55 pm »

Wait, I got this - I wish to come back to life in the same body.
Sadly half your body was trampled and mangled by a crocodile, the other trampled by a group of troglodytes. It is also a skeleton.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2015, 07:20:40 pm »

I could do it with some 1337 h4x. All I need is a ghost.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »

Winter update -- Wrap up!

Why, I there, my name is TaupeIV. Well, before I moved here it was just Taupe, but there were apparently three more with the same name, so I added 4 to my name to avoid confusion. Still, this is pretty surprising, considering that this place is only 20 months old. People told me not to come to Immortalitytowers. I told them I didnt care, it couldn't be worse than living in the capital and enduring narrow men and wyverns. Turns out they were right, and I was wrong. Oh well...

''I was never one to follow advice...''

Now that I've moved here, I've been named provisory overseer until the beginning of spring, on account mostly of having functioning eyes.

our main priority would be to get water, and on my way I found a small patch of rainwater that fell and froze right before winter arrived. People told me it is probably full of ''horrid goo'', but it is still worth a try. Our resident miner, Xan, is not doing too well so I've taken to the pick myself, slowly carving a path to fill magma toward the small ice patch. Or drive it under the slightly-snowy grass patches. None of those projects will see success before my reign is over, sadly. Too long, too little experience, and so many other duties to attend to! We must slab ghosts, but a kid has claimed our only craftdwarf workshop, and needs ingredients.

A rudimentary industry is built, to shear, harvest and weave alpaca wool into a yarn cloth. Some pets are also slaughtered for bones, and gems are cut, saving the young mosus from certain insanity. he is now a legendary wood crafter, since he created a...

Woah... Funky. I am one with the universe, I understand the inner workings of the galaxy, I can commune with Armok... When i look into this amulet, i am the alpha and the omega.

I also get a huuuge headache.

Thankfully, booze is finally flowing in Immortalitytowers. A random brewer grabbed everything from the caravan and dutifully turned it into alcohol. The other dwarves now call him ''Messiah''.

Despite his success, water is still nowhere to be found. Many dwarves will probably die from the rain-induced injury before we can secure any, as I'm now the only functioning miner this fort has. I assumed Xan was working as an architect, since he's been near the unfinished bridge for a while now, but nope. He's just thirsty and dehydrated and starving and his entire body is mangled by the rain. (except his eyes, lucky you) Given the curent situation, I'm fairly certain he will die within a few weeks, and there is nothing we can do for him, poor fella. I heard he carved most of the fort by himself, too.

The majority of winter is spent getting a few things in order, making coffins, and burying the dead. A full row of coffins were placed, yet the corpse stockpile still contain a dozen dwarves as I write this.

Here is my year-end report regarding the health of the residents. A green check mark indicates a good health, a red x indicates that the dwarf in question is blind and mangled in various places. A darker red x means you are fucked (sorry Xan :( ). finally, an orange bar means the target, salmeuk, suffers from serious limb damage, but no eye loss. This brings the adult, functional population of Immortaltowers to eight, which frankly is one more than what it was at the beginning of the year. Progress y'all!

Notes for whomever is crazy enough to take over. the good and the bad.

1-The food and booze supply are doing well. We still don't have water

2-The caverns are sealed off. both uncovered levels connect to each other, and swarm with GCS, crocodiles, troglodytes, and ogres. Don't. Open. It.

3-I suspect, from seing cave crocodiles, that the second cavern may contain a water source. cannot confirm, mostly just misplaced hope. too dangerous to check.

4-We don't have an army. Like, at all.

5-The tunnels right below the entrance level were meant to channel magma under the courtyard, and near a frozen water patch. By the time they are complete, everything will be melted.

6-There is a burrow linked to an alert. Don't deactivate it unless you know it is safe or really really need to go outside.

7-There are still unburied dwarves. nobody has been slabed yet because a mood claimed the workshop. Each tomb has a space in front of it to place a corresponding slab.

8-There are two bridges designed, but never finished, closing the twin entrance of the fort. A lever is created, waiting to be linked, a floor above the bridges. a (N) ote indicates the lever position, and its yet-unfinished purpose.

9-Another bridge is also unfinished, a the back entrance of the mountain. Its purpose would be to either allow or restrict access of the cavern denizens to the outside.

10-PROJECT FUCK THE WORLD: A staircase is slowly being built in the back of the mountain, meant to link all three cavern layers to the outside. the purpose of this was to a) obtain water maybe, and b) let everything in the cavern venture outside in the middle of the dust+goo center of activity so they can die horribly just like us. Please, please continue this project. Obviously make sure you finish option 8 first so whatever we unleash doesnt run straight into the fort. Oh, careful, anything that can swim in magma can still enter the fort through the volcano. just keep that in mind.

11-Keep an eye out for goo. Its not easy with cancelation and spam walls of text. an easier way to tell is to simply look at the courtyard and check if any new purple symbols aappear. If so, it is raining. Otherwise, it should be safe. Obviously I'm no expert on the matter given the current state of our dwarves but, yaknow, just sayin'.

12-IMPORTANT UPDATE: Xan is currently trying to reach a puppy thats right outside his reach,. you can save him from certain death by EXPANDING THE BURROW ONE SQUARE. Do so before he dies horribly, and he'll go and grab a drink.

THE SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11087
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:11:36 pm by Taupe »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »

Awesome.

I'll think about a dwarf next migrant wave, if we get one. Or I'll wait until I get the save and resurrect myself!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2015, 10:38:40 pm »

I think that it's kind of astounding how many of the starting seven survived that clusterfuck. It might be worth blinding anyone who's not in the military/crafting business once we get water or some faster doctors so that we can avoid the unending wave of unhappiness that cleaning up is going to cause.

Cherry Hearts shall be contacted, at any rate.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2015, 03:18:01 am »

But then they wont be admiring anything ever. Also blinding is gonna happen regardless of what we want i feel.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

Also blinding is gonna happen regardless of what we want i feel.
Such is life in the Fort.

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2015, 12:01:18 pm »

From the journal of 'Fperson1" Abbeycrypts, Weaponsmith

GG Taupe ;-;7

Whoever's taking over, could you redorf me? Preferably as that there undorf'd miner, name of Fperson2, profession The Second Miner
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2015, 02:03:33 pm »

May I ask to be dwarfed in the next available dwarf this looks quite interesting actually my first post on bay12
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2015, 03:23:41 pm »

Welcome aboard, friend! We are certainly glad that our story has grabbed your attention solidly enough for you to register here.

If you would like a specific job, feel free to look at the very last image of the winter update. You'll see which dwarves we have, and you can choose a profession you like.

Enjoy your stay!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 05:50:48 pm »

No reply from Cherry heart. Contacting Gwolfski.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35