Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 85275 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; Not a Tower, Life Expectancy Fifteen Hours
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2015, 07:06:19 pm »

Yeah, dwarves are like pokemons here, They go through three stages. Blindyn evolves to Fightyn, which turns into Coffyn when exposed to a fuckstone.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:25 pm »

That's probably the best way of putting how things have gone so far, yes.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2015, 07:36:18 am »

Yeah, dwarves are like pokemons here, They go through three stages. Blindyn evolves to Fightyn, which turns into Coffyn when exposed to a fuckstone.

Truly front-page worthy.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2015, 10:12:42 am »

Btw, can you put my name at the bottom of the list for another go? Feel free to add like two new first-turners before me if some appear, Ive got a lot of stuff queued up in the near future...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:14:19 am by Taupe »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2015, 10:47:50 am »

Hmmmmmmm, I want to join, but I believe that my skill is no- Screw it, give me a turn and a dorf.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2015, 02:35:01 pm »

A ghost came, so we engraved a slab and it went away.

Everyone is having lots of babies. I suppose there isn't much else to do here.

Someone threw a puppy down the volcano! They said it was for "science", but I think it was just mean. Anyway, we found some adamantine!

A guy took over the jeweler's shop, grabbed some things, and started screaming about wool cloth. I asked him if plant or silk cloth would be okay but he was having none of it and punched me in the face. I think he's going to go nuts.

Anyway, it's spring now, so my time is done.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11114

Note: There is a dwarf with a strange mood who needs wool cloth. I can't get it to him - it's up to the next overseer. Either wall him up or get him his cloth, your choice.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2015, 07:16:46 am »

Olkies. Gwolfski shall be contacted now, then.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »

I received a pm saying it's my turn, but the last post says it's Gwolfski's, so whose turn is it?
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2015, 06:35:29 pm »

I received a pm saying it's my turn, but the last post says it's Gwolfski's, so whose turn is it?
Gwolfsky's busy not finishing Doomforests, and I've seen him fail to finish like five forts in a row. Just grab the save I say.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »

Alrighty then. I'll grab the save and start playing in a day or two.  I haven't been following the fortress so I'm going to catch up on what's happening before I start.

Edit: Corpses everywhere, ghosts terrorizing dwarves, and nearly everyone is crippled.  I guess that's what happens with 4 enemy races and deadly dragons everywhere.

Oh wait!

We haven't actually been sieged or attacked by anything yet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:43:34 pm by TheCheeseMaker »
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:44 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to update that. It's definitely TCM's turn.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:38 pm »

This is an awesome fort. Please put me down for a turn. Dorf me as whatever as I'm sure I won't live long enough for it to matter.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »

Musings of a Stray Dog

Hello! What’s your name!?  You can call me whatever you want, although most people seem to call me “Hey you!” or “Stupid animal!”  I think they like me.  You can call me that.  Or, if you want, I’m trying to get the others to call me “Who are you? I can’t see!” because the dwarves say that a lot, so if that’s my name then I know they are always calling for me.

I was born and raised here, in Immortalitytowers.  It’s a super fun place to be.  One time, a few years ago, there was this giant dwarf, and he went “Raaawr!” and all the other dwarves went “Ah! Help! He’s killing me! Aaaaaaaaah!” and after that day, we never ran out of fresh bones to chew on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I spend most of my time in the dining hall.  It is fun.  There is a big dwarf in a cage that we can play with.  The big dwarf is smaller than the giant dwarf but bigger than the other dwarves.  That is why I call him the big dwarf.  I eat food from some of the dwarves but not all.

There are two types of dwarves: The red dwarves and the umber dwarves.  The umber dwarves walk around.  Sometimes they feed me, sometimes they ignore me.  They also like to pet me.  I like those dwarves.  The red dwarves are not as nice.  They seem to crawl around or move very slowly.  They also don’t like to touch things or dogs.  One time I was walking around and a red dwarf kicked me, like it couldn’t see where it was going!  I don’t like the red dwarves very much.

Today, someone announced that some thieves stole something from the fortress.  I hope they don’t mean me.  I hope they didn’t mean me.  I accidently ate some food that a cat found.  That rat was very delicious.  But the cat probably reported me to the dwarves.  Most likely a red dwarf.  Those guys are mean.  I must investigate the cats.  They probably have a secret system to report to the dwarves.

Today a dwarf who was running around stopped running and started working.  I wonder what the running dwarf is going to make.

More dwarves are talking about the thieves.  I didn’t even eat anything today!  Clearly the cats have a conspiracy going on against the dwarves, spreading lies about us dogs so the dwarves won’t like us.

The running dwarf finished working and now he showed everyone the object he was working on after running around.  I don’t know what it is, but I like the running dwarf.

A lot of little dwarves have been appearing around the fortress.  I am not allowed to play with the little dwarves.  Both the red and the umber dwarves hold the little dwarves too high for me to reach.  When I tried to jump up to catch the little dwarf, the other dwarves yelled at me.  I don’t like the little dwarves.  I counted, and there are between 53 and 127 dwarves living in the fortress.  I am not very good at counting.

All the dwarves seemed upset today.  They walked around slowly and yelled a lot.  Even the umber dwarves were acting like red dwarves.  I believe the cat’s secret society has allowed them to control all the dwarves.  I told this to the other dogs, but they just looked at me funny then walked away.  I guess I must fight the cats myself.

The big dwarf in the dining hall got out today.  The dwarves with the pointy sticks hit them with their pointy sticks.  Soon the big dwarf was lying on the ground.  One of the dwarves was crying.  Her foot was red, like a red dwarf, but the rest of her body looked like an umber dwarf.  The rest of the dwarves took her to the hospital.  She was carrying a little dwarf with her, but dropped the little dwarf when the big dwarf hit her foot.  The little dwarf crawled on the ground before starting to yell.  I really don’t like little dwarves.

A dwarf yelled “Infernal dust!” and all the dwarves started to hide.  I wonder why.  I haven’t been outside enough to know what dust is or why it’s scary.  Maybe if I’m lucky I can learn more about it.  It seems like a cat conspiracy though.

The dwarves with the pointy sticks stopped training together.  Now there are three groups of the dwarves with the pointy sticks.  I can’t keep track of them all, so I gave each group of the dwarves with the pointy sticks nicknames to make it easier for me to remember.

Spring is over now.  All the dwarves except for the little dwarves now have their own bedroom now.  The little dwarves sleep with the other dwarves, though so they don’t need their own bedroom.  Also, one dwarf started yelling that his name was Megahelmet.  I like Megahelmet.  I can picture the two of us together, Megahelmet and Who Are You I Can’t See, working to together to fight the cat conspiracy.

--------

So after spending about thirty minutes trying to decide how to write my character (the original TheCheeseMaker, who I was going to make a prophet to Armok, had a bad case of being torn in half), I decided to say screw it, and wrote the entry from the perspective of a dog.  I’m not entirely sure if I made it clear, but the red dwarves are the ones covered in blisters.  Also, I forgot to turn my population cap back up, so no migrants this season.  That should be fixed for the summer.

Also, as a side note, I'm going in for surgery tomorrow.  It's fairly minor, so I won't be put out of commission for too long, but I probably won't be in the mood to play Dwarf Fortress for at least a couple of days.  I will still be able to finish my turn, it just might take a little longer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:31 pm »

That shouldn't be a problem. Hope your doctors are better than the ones in the fortress.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2015, 06:02:35 pm »

Good luck on surgery!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35