Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 84998 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; Not a Tower, Life Expectancy Fifteen Hours
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »

Redorf as military and a turn are in order. This turns very good...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2015, 04:24:53 pm »

Could you add me to the dorf list as well? And tack me on for a turn. I'm hopeful it will last that long :P

Added to the turn list, your dwarf's profile is here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Immortalitytower's census should be up to date now. The following need to be dwarfed/redwarfed:

-EoyaBosan
-AbstractTraitorHero
-Urist McVoyager
-Askarn
-Iamblichos
-Senshuken
-Maskwolf
-Cherryheart
-Fperson
-Ampersand
-Salmeuk

Dang! That's a lot of deaths!  :P
Even more when you consider that a fair few are on their third or fourth dwarf already  :o
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:26:37 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »

New name of the Fort: Lifesink. You come here to live, you stay here because you're dead.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:21 pm »

New name of the Fort: Lifesink. You come here to live, you stay here because you're dead.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
We could solve the later with either a river or a necromancer tho.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2015, 08:01:59 pm »

The ghost will spawn, or you'll use a slab, which probably acts as a soul jar to keep the ghost inside. Either way, you'll still be there.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2015, 10:49:35 pm »

I've done some research, and found some statistics for you guys.

As of the end of my turn:

197 Total Creatures have died in the fortress
97 of those were dwarves, just over half of the total
11 of the dwarven deaths were only babies, as nearly the entire military was composed of new mothers
26 pets (animals with the "tame" tag) are now dead

Additionally, the following named dwarves have died:

Salmeuk
Ampersand
Senshuken
Other Senshuken
New Senshuken
Cherrry Heart
Maskwolf
Taupe
Taupe II
Taupe III
Fperson1
Sarrak
TheCheeseMaker
TheCheeseMaker II
Iamblichos
Erush Cactuspage
Arkan Cactuspage
Arkan Cactuspage II
Astesh Cactuspage
Fikod Cactuspage

The only member of the starting seven who is still alive is Asmoth.

To put this in perspective, one of my personal fortresses recently finished my tenth.  I messed with its worldgen parameters so it would get attacked by megabeasts extra frequently, and so it was attacked by a dragon and a titan very early on, in addition to a myriad of forgotten beasts.  To make things extra fun, I decided that the military would get no armor other than a wooden shield.

As of the time of this writing, a grand total of one dwarf has died.  One.

More "TheCheeseMakers" have died in Immortalitytower than the entirety of the dwarves of that fortress, and the scariest thing we've faced here is a blind cave ogre.

And you know what the best part is?

It's only been four years since the fortress was founded.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2015, 11:18:07 pm »

After Asmoth, our overseers were in that order: a blind retard, a ghost, and a dog. Maybe we can improve the fort's life quality by overhauling the leadership selection process...

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2015, 03:20:04 am »

After Asmoth, our overseers were in that order: a blind retard, a ghost, and a dog. Maybe we can improve the fort's life quality by overhauling the leadership selection process...
No can do. If we try to improve, next one undoubtably would be guest mad necromancer, paralyzed vampire or local goblin resident.

Just to say, this fortress must hold the record of the most successful one-goblin rampage. I've seen some badass goblins, yet they rarely took more than ten dwarves before being trapped/killed in combat. Here, in (Im)mortalitytower? You can guess.

It was impossible even intentionally!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:24:59 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2015, 10:38:37 am »

There's some irony both in the mention of local goblin resident and the fact that you did so in reply to Taupe.  :)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2015, 09:04:26 am »

Introduction: Megahelmet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Down the hall, left at Mason's, then second hall on the right...or was it left at the Mechanic..." you mutter quietly. As you pass the third empty corridor in a row, a glimmer of light catches your eye.

As you enter the room, you notice it's hot. Not forge hot, but still toasty. The room is rather oddly shaped, kind of like a helmet snake crossed with a kea. A growing pile of clay crafts, pots, and assorted mess spills out of galena vein. In one of of the many corners you notice a kiln, tucked neatly in what must have once been a gem deposit. From the orange glow of embers, you spot something metallic and cold. Looks like a statue.

You take a closer look:

This is a black bronze statue of Megahelmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. At his side is a massive hammer.

The name rings a vague bell. Hazily, you remember he used to be the Hammerer at some fort or the other. You notice an engraving on a nearby wall.

On the wall is an image of Megahelmet the dwarf and Uda von Sahel the dwarf in Limestone. Megahelmet is striking down Uda von Sahel. The artwork relates to the killing of the dwarf Uda von Sahel by Megahelmet in Ravenlabors in the late autumn of 197.

Now you remember! Uda von Sahel was the Duke's daughter! At six year's old she brought a bin with a candelabra to the Trade Depot. The current mayor clearly forbade such a thing! "The law will be upheld! For your crimes Uda von Sahel, you are to receive one strike." Thud. With a single blow, Megahelmet crushed in poor lass's skull. The duke was outraged. He couldn't kill him. He had followed dwarven law. Banishment was the only punishment left.

You stop your musing. You look at the statue lying on the floor. If the statue is on the floor....something must have knocked it over. You flail your trowl in a wide circle around you, checking for kobolds.

CRAAAASH! No kobolds, but you did handily smash a part a *large clay pot*.

A cold voice erupts from the silence. "Breaking any item designated for alcohol production is a crime. The law will be upheld! For your crimes, you are to receive one strike."

"Whaaaat, wait no, no no! I! Kobolds! Yes, kobolds...not me." you simper and stammer.

Before you stands the statue. Apparently, he was just sleeping.

"Consider yourself lucky criminal. This forsaken hell hole doesn't even have law. Primitive. There can be no strength without order." The statue--that is actually a dwarf--sighs heavily as he sits down and begins to shape a new pot.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:47 pm »

Asmoth's Journal
The stockpiles seem up to date, so I took some time off to draw a few pictures of the people around the fortress.

Spoiler: Self Portrait (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TaupeIV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CheeseMakerIII (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Messiah (click to show/hide)

I think I've got a real knack for it. They look just like they do in real life.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2015, 01:54:15 pm »

Well played...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!