Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 85152 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 06:01:37 am »

Shit. I liked having eyes.
First OP quote right there

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:39 am »

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »

This:

I mean, do corpse haulers really need eyes?

is even better. And as a combination? Prediction of Amperzand's future.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 12:04:27 pm »

@Deus Asmoth: Can I get the gender of my dwarf? This is important for journal entries.

I cannot stress this enough; I NEED to know what my dwarf has downstairs.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »

Note: Cherry hearts is a heterosexual female. Still haven't had the Cheese Maker show up. Also, Tipi Touchbear is a great name. Just sayin'

Asmoth's Journal.
10th of Galena

A bunch of keas are flying around and stealing our stuff. Senshuken tried to fight them, but... well, he can't see.

2nd of Limestone
A kobold thief showed up and tried to steal our stuff. Senshuken did an impressive job of chasing him around for someone who can't see, but didn't manage to land any hits on the critter.

15th of Limestone
A group of merchants showed up and tried to steal our stuff. Apparently, they transport aid from the dwarves on the other side of the mountains to groups like us. They refused to lead us to the Mountainhomes; they stopped accepting refugees after some 'tainted' people were let in once before. They did give us their news, but apparently they're a bit behind the times anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12th of Sandstone
A new group of refugees arrived today, so the people with sight once again outnumber the blind. For some reason I was expecting a cheesemaker to show up, but none were to be found...

20th of Sandstone
We've finally got around to tapping the volcano for power. At the moment, it's mostly being used to turn some clay into bricks that we can build a decent wall out of, but we've also smelted the small amount of iron ore that we were carrying around with us before we arrived. We'll hopefully be able to turn it into steel and decent weaponry and armour before too long.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:15:58 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »

Journal of Cherry-Hearts, 20th Sandstone, 202:

I finally found my pen so that I could actually write in this journal. With all that so-called "horrid goo" falling from the sky, I have pretty much gone blind. We've all been hard at work on this new fortress, and eye-sight or no eye-sight I'll make sure to do my best, or my ultimate plan will never reach fruition. All these blisters from the rain are pretty painful, but as I always say: "Good things are worth a few uncomfortable blisters."
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 10:24:36 pm »

Warning: the following may be little more then unreadable scribbles.

Senshuken's Journal

20th of Sandstone

So far, learning to fight blind has been difficult. Some Keas's invaded that I couldn't really fight off (Considering that they are small, flying creatures that isn't that big of a surprise... fucking Keas) and I managed to chase around a Kobold for a while but failed to hit the little bastard. I can't count on my sight anymore, so I need to focus on improving my hearing instead. I must become like the bat and find my foes through the medium of noise if I hope to find and defeat them!

I shall study them during my training from now on so that I may become the solder that I was meant to be or die trying!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 10:46:10 pm »

Amp's journal, 13th of Sandstone;

Y'know, I just realized, how the hell
am m   I wRiting wHI le blnI da Nd w iTH half-nU Umb A h ND ds?

IiI MeA n tHjs mSUt be bEAraly legibEbl.

hUh, Wi rEd
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:50:12 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 12:51:18 am »

I'd like a turn please.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 10:28:44 am »

Journal of Xan, the Cowardly Miner

Entry 1:
Well, here I am. I am living in hell. Goo is falling from the skies and it HURTS! And I am going blind to boot! No, no, no! I can't go blind! By all the gods who have abandoned me here, help! I have got to survive here. What will I do? Death seems inevitable when we are all blind and Goo is everywhere.

I know one of the old Dwarfs said that this hell was brought on by a civilization that advanced so much they challenged Armok himself. Well, that was before he was eaten by some savage elves that attacked our caravan. Maybe that's why this is a desolate wastland covered in Goo. He may be an old kook but it's worth a shot. If find some remnants of the idiots who fought a god, I might be able to use it to rise to a position of non-expendibility. Or maybe even get out of this hell, I'll tell you all one thing, I am getting out of here.

I will NOT die here!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:45:35 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2015, 06:03:06 am »

Can you post the thought screen for Salmeuk?

I think we've struck gold with this goo, my friends. Selective disablement could prove
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
extremely useful down the line.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:05:21 am by Salmeuk »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2015, 11:34:57 am »

I'll post the profiles for everyone. I might add them to the first post with any future dwarfings if the overseers post them as well.

Spoiler: Ampersand (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Senshuken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmeuk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maskwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cherry heart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taupe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flame (click to show/hide)

Asmoth's Journal
1st of Moonstone

I've decided to take a crack at getting some kind of census and supply count going. It's easy enough to identify most of this stuff by touch, and since I've switched to a clay tablet rather than paper I can go over the records that way as well. It's slow going at the moment, but hopefully with some practice I'll get used to it.

In other news, Salmeuk's blisters seem to have healed. His sight still hasn't returned, so I guess there's been some internal damage done there. Strangely, he's still leaking pus everywhere.

2nd of Moonstone
I've received reports that 'infernal dust' is drifting close to us in some kind of fog. I have no interest in finding out what something obviously malicious will do to us when the rain is enough to blind us permanently.

18th of Moonstone
I've abandoned the idea of a purely clay wall, using wood instead. We may be able to replace parts of the wall at a time so that it's not vulnerable to fire, but at the moment I'm more worried about immediate protection.

15th of Opal
In spite of my warnings, the hunter that came with the latest group of migrants insists on hunting on the northern face of the mountain, aka Eyegouger Slope.

1st of Granite
With a new year comes a new leader, as is dwarven tradition. I will gladly step down, though I've done up some maps of the local area for any more migrants that we get. It should hopefully help them keep their sight.

Spoiler: Entrance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dining Hall + Farms (click to show/hide)

The rest of the fortress is fairly simplistic at the moment, though I imagine that will change rapidly.

Year 2
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 12:03:10 pm »

I'm a male for once. A 16-year-old male who like jugs and grizzly bears. I am okay with this.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 06:23:18 pm »

I'm a male for once. A 16-year-old male who like jugs and grizzly bears. I am okay with this.

Yes! I always seem to be casted as a female Salmeuk, and now I'm just a guy with a terrible amount of contradictory personality traits. Who is blind.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 06:46:16 pm »

And I'm like a short, really fat version of myself. Huh.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35