Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 84192 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2015, 06:07:18 am »

Mother of god...

This place is great!

Give me another dorf, I want at least three digits of death next to my name before this is done!  ;D
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:45 pm »

Sign me up for another Dorfing. Pick profession at random and name me Edmond this time.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2015, 03:58:13 pm »

I thought I put this up a few days ago, but apparently I did not, due to relatives declaring ONE WEEK before they arrive that they will be staying with us for a few weeks, I am unable to complete my turn, in addition to that my save has corrupted, so move me down, I will make a note to future overseers, take care of that slope as high as our wall in the courtyard, and why hasn't it come into anyone's mind to use our lava to hold a safe room which will hold the remaining population, the rampant food shortages will be safer then the shot that normally goes on here, and if anything breaches it, then we will all die in fire!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2015, 04:12:47 pm »

Ok then, megahelmet takes the helm.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »

then we will all die in fire!

Quite a marvelous idea, good sir!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2015, 08:37:14 am »

Since there's been no response from the helmet, the next turn has been offered to me. I accept. I give myself a pay rise. I thank myself. *stamp stamp stamp stamp stamp* I look forward to founding this fortress. Again.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2015, 12:54:14 pm »

Again.
Let the new cycle of death begin!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2015, 03:44:36 pm »

The Ledger of Asmoth II, Grade 25 Bureaucrat.
Granite 1st.
It seems that our hopes were in vain. My companions and I travelled for weeks chasing rumours of a mountainhome that was safe in this blighted world, but on our arrival we found nothing but death and a terrifying dove. Probably some ironic statement about death being the only peace we'll find here, I guess. In any case, I've been trying to organise some burials and memorials for the dead and get the fortress back into some kind of working order so that I can get back to the only true joy in life; enforcing pointless rules and preventing any helpful work from getting done by anyone.

Granite 9th.
Considering the large number of corpses lying around outside that need to be retrieved and the fact that the dove seems to have been blinded by the purple rain that falls on the mountains where it roosts, Senshuken, Flame and Eoya have agreed to fight the beasts. Senshuken seems to be a fearsome swordsman, and Flame and Eoya are both capable of swinging a pick with enough force to snap some bones. Of course, that would be more useful if they actually took their picks to battle with them but there's nothing that can be done about that now. They're currently waging heroic battle on the beast, and everything seems to be going their way.

I hope that yellow mist isn't anything dangerous...

Granite 12th.
I don't know how they did it, but Flame and Senshuken both seem to have completely avoided the fog. Eoya vanished for a few days after battle, but it turned out that she was just resting after getting tired during the fight. I understand the feeling. Sometimes I'd have to take the whole day off before filing a request for healthcare. It was just so exhausting.

Granite 13th.
It turns out that Eoya is leaking blood. Given that she has no obvious injuries and Flame is calling in sick now as well, this is somewhat concerning.

Granite 14th.
Senshuken's dead.

Granite 18th.
We decided to investigate Senshuken's death even though it was clearly fated to happen regardless of what we did. It seems he wasn't as unaffected by the infernal dust as we first thought, given that his last acts were vomiting and retching and that he seems to have suffocated to death.

Granite 20th.
I've been hiking all over the mountains, retrieving and burying the bodies of our fallen brothers and sisters, and I took a bit of a turn yesterday after getting caught in some of the purple goo. I'm sure it'll be fine, though I have started to develop some pretty ugly looking bruises. On the bright side, I found a journal in the pocket of one of the bodies I was burying. It seems his name was also Asmoth, but there are only a couple of pages with writing on them. The rest seems empty, but the blisters I've been developing on my fingers have made them sensitive enough to feel some small lumps that appear to make up an alphabet of some kind.

Granite 25th.
I've managed to decipher some of the journal. The first page warns to keep clear of the purple rain. This is helpful and timely advice. My sight also seems to be going. Flame refuses to dig holes with his pick. A lot of drakelings are dead due to the rain and fog. We have far more corpses than coffins. All in all, things are about as good as can be hoped. At least Snang is dead.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2015, 04:10:57 pm »

The dust usually kills on the spot. If they died slowly after the battle, my money's on the noxious secretions.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2015, 04:31:57 pm »

I think he was hit by the fog immediately after the battle and died while I was watching Flame get away unscathed. The secretions don't seem to be killing the other two, so I doubt it's the culprit.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »

. . .PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2015, 06:48:31 pm »

It's canon, I'm unkillable in this fort. Actually, wait, I just have a tendency to not stay dead.

EoyaBosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

My god, Snang is dead, just like that‽

Who scored the killing blow?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2015, 02:29:11 am »

Requesting a dwarf in one of the migrant waves.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2015, 02:34:29 am »

Well, that goes to prove that Project Fuck The World is a success! We just need to not let the creatures run to the surface through the main fortress next time.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35