Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Them doomsday fellas are at it again!  (Read 4651 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Them doomsday fellas are at it again!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 08:24:00 pm »

EMP or something else

"Sept 23rd 2015 Dark days coming".

...huh. Interesting to see how this one has evolved. I believe this is an amaglamation of the "D4rk Knight" and blood moon apocalypse prophecies.

D4rk Knight was a guy who randomly showed up on ATS a few years back making some claims that caught a lot of attention, saying that he had special insider knowledge of a future event and that he and his friends were going to go hide out in the woods until it was over, and warning others to do the same. The blood moon thing is a christian-ish bible-ish thing...oh, it even has a wikipedia page. Apparently there's a series of eclipses in 2014/2015 that matches some stuff in the bible, and the final eclipse of the series happens in September of this year.

So now it's an an EMP that will turn the lights out?

What's that game where you sit in a circle and whisper an expression into people's ears and compare what you start with to what you end up with? Reminds me of that.

If I recall the details correctly, if the sun goes dark and the earth is bathed in an eerie green light for a couple days, you're supposed to thoroughly cover up your windows and hide indoors until it's over, otherwise either:

1) Your DNA will be irrecoverably fried by EM bombardments from a supernova that happened years ago but the light from it hasn't yet reached us
2) Demons will eat your soul

...depending on whose version of the story you listen to. But since everybody agrees on the hiding from the green light after the sun goes dark or "bad stuff" will happen, *shrug* I guess if that happens, it's a reasonable precaution to stay indoors for a few days.

If the sun doesn't go out and the earth isn't bathed in green light though, I think it's business as usual.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 08:25:46 pm »

You can't include the Michael Hasting one. It's not a thing that the government is confirmed to have done.
And I'm not sure how many of the others count as conspiracies either. Surely it only counts if it was a deliberate thing that they then tried to cover up.

EDIT: No dude, it's Chinese Whispers.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:28:12 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 08:27:45 pm »

What's that game where you sit in a circle and whisper an expression into people's ears and compare what you start with to what you end up with? Reminds me of that.

Soundspunlike Telephone.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:42 pm »

The thing about one is that it's actually very simple to shield things against EMPs, we've actually had the technology since 1836!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 08:38:03 pm »

It's just very expensive to do that over hundreds and hundreds of kilometers of suspended power line.

That's the problem you see. Long power lines are perfect resonance antennae for very low frequency EM waves, like our magnetosphere would start ringing with in the event of a very large CME.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »

You know, I'm actually fascinated by the stuff I'm finding on that single site alone. The site is called Intel Exchange. Look it up on Tor if any of you want to have a cheap laugh at others expense.

Another one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:48 pm »

... Looks like somebody discovered tyranny of the majority, and is having difficulty reconciling the concept against their notion of how corruption works.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:53 pm »

Humanities types are Illuminati confirmed, apparently.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:51 pm »

Another one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This concept is actually the one of the tenets of the Church of the SubGenius, that a conspiracy can run on just duped minions with no puppet master.

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:57:13 pm »

Humanities types are Illuminati confirmed, apparently.

Can confirm, majored in humanities and currently run a vast conspiracy so secret even I am unaware of it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:23 pm »

Can confirm, majored in humanities and currently run a vast conspiracy so secret even I am unaware of it.
Wait a minute! How would you know that you run a vast conspiracy so secret that even you are unaware of it, if you just told us yourself!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 10:08:40 pm »

I'd like to see a documentary on the stereotyping and prejudice faced by anthropomorphic lizard people.

"They run all the political parties" <-- RACIST!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:26 pm »

a brief list of conspiracy theories after someone on wtf thread said they didn't know of a single sane or true conspiracy theory

Lead is fine for you, 1920: The makers of leaded gasoline, leaded cans, leaded paint - anyone who had a stake in lead manufacturing suppresses information about the risk effects associated with lead, even though human knowledge of the ill effects of lead dates back to Romans who observed that slaves in lead mines were of especially poor health, and cautioned a transition from lead water pipes to ceramic ones. "The story of how millions of tons of lead, a potent neurotoxin, were spewed into the environment and people's blood for 60 years ranks beside tobacco and the exploding gas tank of the Ford Pinto in the annals of corporate crime in America" said Jamie Kitman, who researched and wrote an article on the health risks of leaded gasoline.

Asbestos causes cancer, amongst other things, 1930-1960: Asbestos manufacturers do everything they can to suppress or dilute any useful research and debate as to whether asbestos really has links to respiratory diseases and cancers. Turns out, it does. Bears a lot of striking similarities to the lead debacle, and will no doubt be brought up in future debates on Monsanto's roundup practices.

Don't forget about the tobacco companies doing the same thing!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 10:35:41 pm »

The thing about one is that it's actually very simple to shield things against EMPs, we've actually had the technology since 1836!

The EMP itself however isn't so far-fetched. It's happened before. In 1859 the Earth was hit dead on by a particularly large coronal mass ejection from the sun and it fried quite a large amount of telegraph equipment and caused the aurora to be visible in the tropics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

I already linked that on post number 3. :)

Another such event would throw our civilization into utter chaos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5