Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Sheriffs  (Read 1715 times)

itblobboy

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey! Check it out - acid rain that rots your arms!
    • View Profile
    • Give me a damn!
Adventurer Sheriffs
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »

Hello!

I was going about my business in Dwarf Fortress Adventurer mode, and as I went to bed in a cozy hillock hole I was surprised to be awoken by an axeman who wanted to kill me (I guess a bandit that ran away from my slaughter). Now I was thinking, hey, no problem, I can just kill him and go back to sleep... But I had a better idea. I disarmed him and let the feller fall unconscious from over exertion and went to go tell the sheriff that this dude attacked me right in his town.

The sheriff didn't care. (Ignore the chatty drunk)

I wanted to turn that criminal in to the appropriate legal authorities, and all he has to say about it is IT WAS INEVITABLE? That's not cool, sheriff. You should arrest him or at least execute him with legal authority. He is even unconscious for goodness sake!

So I suggest that there is some law in adventure mode, I suppose. Maybe even generate jail cells with prisoners in large towns to go the whole nine yards, idk. There are lots of ways to implement it, I figure any of them are fine.

However, it should be noted that immediately afterwards a dwarvern drunk started attacking the axeman for, well, I don't know why. If this is supposed to be a form of legal justice and not just a drunken brawl then what we need are the sheriffs doing that instead. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:08:41 pm by itblobboy »

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Sheriffs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:07 am »

Arrests and law are coming with the thief arc (I think that's what we're calling it now), so it's planned. Probably not for the near future though. 
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.