Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD] Strange new world is back, and better then ever. (sorry, wrong subforum)  (Read 487 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

There were lots of issues with the first strange new world mod, I have taken the liberty of fixing all of them.

Think of it as a mix between HP Lovecraft, and the game Overlord.
(this mod makes the world much more !FUN!)

Current Version
Download Here

This mod includes:

The Cult Of Dagon <- a very complex 'cult' system, where the cult will grow and grow and grow, and eventually summon a dagon inside your fortress, its your job to stop them, but they are tricky. They hide themselves, but there are clues. But be careful, they can sacrifice unlucky dwarves to their dark masters... for other benefits...

Sanity
Certain creatures can cause dwarves and other sentient (including goblins) to go insane if they are around too long (or if they are forced to stare at the creature for long periods of time) (great way to torture goblins), with lots of pretty flavor text, and banging their heads against walls in the fetal position, among other things.

My "revenge thralls", essentially there is a 1 percent chance that ANY biome you embark on, has the ability to raise long dead dwarves (and other sentient non-animal people creatures)  that haven't been mutilated too badly, as "revenge Thralls" which want nothing but to end you, dont worry, it doesnt happen too often.. (Catacombs are a must now)

Alot of HP lovecraft references (because you need that when the cult of dagon exists)

Vampire lords (like in skyrim, except deadlier) (and harpy armies)

4 Magical schools:
Pyromancers
Aquamancers
Light Summoners (they summon "good" creatures)
Dark Summoners (they are your classic fantasy "bad guy" mage)

Deep Ones (and of course dagons)
Dagons are very powerful (and very huge) mages.......

Bloody unicorns, in true overlord style. They spawn in evil biomes.

Fat forest trolls (overlord style), they spawn in any forest biome.

Some changes to make goblins less............frisky
(for adventure mode exploration)

Some crafting in adventure mode, make amulets, useless slabs, other crafts, figurines, decorating objects, weapons. Crutches. etc. And sell them  to make a living, I guess.

(I will make the list more orderly and pretty later)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:10:09 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com