Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Outfoxed - Chapter 1: A Sense of Direction  (Read 13606 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outfoxed, a Kitsune RTD (signups open)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 05:04:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Probably going to right a chat thing too.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 06:49:29 am »

Think I'll choose the party in some 12 hours, unless there's suddenly a second wave of signups. Anybody got some pertinent questions?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 09:28:37 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 10:04:36 pm »

Sure :P

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 11:40:12 pm »

Entry confirmed.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 05:08:12 am »

Chapter 1
A Sense of Direction

In the late evening from the densely wooded foothills of the Lands Untamed five foxes - Faer, Martingold, Viri, Rev and Whiskers - emerge a respectable distance apart under the cover of dusk after a month-long trek from the distant Altar of the Fox God, and note that the woods further along appear to have been cut down, stumps uprooted and lands cleared, marking their entrance into the realms of the lesser races. And what an entrance it is, for the frontier village of Crawlinghome lies in the distance, a considerable collection of unusual pyramidal wooden buildings enclosed by a tall palisade of sharpened logs, the top of something oddly white, large and spherical in its middle visible even from a great distance, like some form of land-bound cloud.

Closer to the new arrivals are slightly smaller pyramids outside of the compound spaced evenly along the borders of the wood, each one surrounded by concentric circles of tall fungi of many shapes and colors, most of them with the characteristic mushroom shape, all of them completely unfamiliar to any of the watching foxes. Next to one of the pyramids further away from the village, the shapes of three squat humanoids one can after a bit of consideration recognize as dwarves can be seen. Presumably they are conversing. Further away, a considerably larger group of dwarves, perhaps two dozen or so, are busily deforesting a particular patch of the primordial wood with what is no doubt perverse satisfaction.

It seems, then, that there is no shortage of potential approaches for the foxes present. Dwarves who would settle in a place like this have no doubt traveled far outside of their usual territories, and though they are highly unlikely to know much in the way of curative magic, they are likely to have far-reaching information on the surrounding lands. But what approach would be most productive to get it out of them?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:28:37 am by Harry Baldman »

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 05:17:43 am »

Keepo applause,: "Good luck my friends!"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outfoxed - Chapter 1: A Sense of Direction
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 12:22:12 pm »

Hmm, Dwarves....

Men of iron, men of the mountain
Men who might show me a healing fountain....

But first, I will test their hospitality.

Shapeshift into a dwarf corpse with obvious claw marks, then hide somewhere barely out of view and Yell:

"HELP!! OH GOD PLEASE HELP, I'M BEING ATTACKED!!!!"

It should sound like a dwarf scream.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:02:57 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 01:20:15 pm »

Dwarves.

Rev didn't know much about dwarves. He'd heard that they were short and greedy, and that they lived underground. That first tidbit was true, but the third appears to be false, at least for these dwarves. Whether number two is true would require some investigation.

There was a great deal worth investigating here. What use were those fungi? What was in those buildings? What were those dwarves talking about? Why were they clearing the forest so aggressively? What the mange was that big white thing in the center of town?

Rev itched to run straight to the palisade and sneak inside to investigate the center of town, but he knew the lesser, mortal races to be false and untrustworthy, to say nothing of potential heretic foxes. What he needed was to take a form that would be commonly seen in and around a mortal town. A place where Rev had never been before. A dwarf body would be risky, especially without clothing handy, but Rev had heard rumors about one of the other questing foxes...

"Hey, Whiskers, you were a cat in a past life or something, yes? Did you look anything like this?"

Guided by his own experiences with wildcats and whatever advice Whiskers is willing to offer, Rev shapeshifts into a housecat and saunters into town.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 01:25:44 pm »

((Question, Harry, do you think Viri would have doktored at this village at one point or another? Makes some sense IC.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

((Is there a waitlist in case someone drops out?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:13 pm »

((Question, Harry, do you think Viri would have doktored at this village at one point or another? Makes some sense IC.))

Nope, none of you have been here before.

((Is there a waitlist in case someone drops out?))

Yes! And you're on it, in a relatively favorable place, no less.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »

"This... is... unusual. Then again- what do we really know of the beings beyond our lands?"

Welp. Okay then... observe the happenings from a distance.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 04:32:02 pm »

Viri alters her foxlike features to human features, absorbing the ears and tail in the process, hoisting her medical bag over her back. She waits for several dwarves to reach Martingold before jogging towards the group. "I am a healer. Let me help. If I can stabilize him, we will need to move him to a sanitary area." She kneels down next to Martingold and makes calming, green light using her magic, projecting it over the 'body'. The light doesn't actually do anything, but presumably Martingold would play along and make parts of himself repair. No need to waste energy on fake injuries. Of course, if Martingold decides to continue with the corpse act, she can simply state he was dead before she arrived.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:00:11 pm by Kevak »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 05:52:51 pm »

Martingold thinks to himself:

Gahh! Who is this fool getting in the way of my plans.
Since these aren't technically wounds I should fake it.
If nothing happens they will get suspicious of either me or him,
I am a charitable fellow after all.

But still:

I AM DEAD! AND NO HEALER OR FOX IS GOING TO BLOW MY COVER

Repair my wounds but don't show any other signs of life

Even if they try to slap me awake, ignore it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:35:05 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14