Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: !Fun! Inbound! ( Help! )  (Read 3119 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: !Fun! Inbound! ( Help! )
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 07:19:58 pm »

Just want to make sure that the OP knows that it won't stop another Titan.  8)
Thanks.

I seem to have a problem, there's 3 walls which are near where the door used to be which are "warm" and they keep emitting smoke and have yet to cool off. The problem is my Dwarves aren't doing anything and I was wondering if the smoke cancels their jobs or acts as a barrier between them and the job site so they can't travel to it. I'm pretty sure my Dwarves will start dropping from thirst if the smoke doesn't clear, and that's a problem.

I don't think the smoke itself causes that, but the extreme heat from the walls might. Maybe it's injuring them?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:22 pm »

Save and reload. They're trapped behind hot air and won't travel through it. The hot walls are merely a symptom. Saving and reloading will reset the temperature.

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 10:38:28 am »

Save and reload. They're trapped behind hot air and won't travel through it. The hot walls are merely a symptom. Saving and reloading will reset the temperature.

Didn't work but /eventually/ the walls cooled off. This prompted me to construct an escape hatch from my meeting hall to my farms just in-case.

It seems I'm just having one problem after another however, now my Dwarves absolutely refuse to place these corpses in a coffin. I have far more coffins than needed. I think it's not working because I waited until after !FUN! happened and 40 Dwarves got slaughtered to build the coffins. Now I have a good 3-4 ghosts running about and Dwarven skeletons lying outside my fortress. The corpses were originally in my meeting hall but the Miasma prompted me to have the corpses stored in the kitchen... Then after waiting a bit they never placed the corpses in the coffin so I dumped them and waited for them to get moved outside and then reclaimed the corpses, and they still haven't buried them. I have 67 Dwarves with the "Burial" labor. I really want to avoid having to place slabs for these ghosts.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 01:24:22 pm »

Are the corpses in a stockpile? That might mess it up. I believe they either haul to a coffin OR a stockpile.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 02:17:47 pm »

Are the corpses in a stockpile? That might mess it up. I believe they either haul to a coffin OR a stockpile.
Not anymore but they were previously. They're sitting in my dump zone right now, but I've already reclaimed them.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »

Did you declare an alarm and burrow them and then forget to switch it off? Erase the dump and put a corpse stockpile under them, and see if that fixes it?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 05:30:49 pm »

Did you declare an alarm and burrow them and then forget to switch it off? Erase the dump and put a corpse stockpile under them, and see if that fixes it?
Alarms/burrows aren't the problem. I created a corpse stockpile in the crypt and they moved all the skeletons there but they're not placing them in the coffins. Yes all the coffins are marked for burial and allow citizens to be placed in them and there are far more coffins than bodies.

Edit: 3 ghosts haunting my poor stone detailer. As if that job didn't suck enough already.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:47:33 pm by runedog48 »

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »

Are you getting any cancellation message spam? How many idlers do you have? Is anything you've asked them to do forbidden? Do they still have arms and legs?

Use stone doors? Hell, just cut out the middle-man and use adamantine doors! WHY!? BECAUSE DWARVES!
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 06:23:27 pm »

Are you getting any cancellation message spam?
No.

How many idlers do you have?
45. But only 18 have the burial labor, and of those 18, only 7 are idle.

Is anything you've asked them to do forbidden? Do they still have arms and legs?
Nothing is forbidden, all my Dwarves amazingly have their limbs intact.

Use stone doors? Hell, just cut out the middle-man and use adamantine doors! WHY!? BECAUSE DWARVES!
Haven't gotten that far yet. In fact I already have another forgotten beast in the first cavern, but I walled it off. Should have put a bridge down. Poor trogs

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 06:53:13 pm »

Nothing is forbidden, all my Dwarves amazingly have their limbs intact.

Is everything permitted?

Hue. Clever gaming joke :3

So are they just... Not doing anything? You could always try creating new coffins and putting them in a new location, perhaps they're just not fond of that area for trafficking purpose. Just to be safe, select a corner of your map, hit d > b > c, and draw over your whole map (on all floors!) and just try reclaiming everything. Worst comes to worst you can always just engrave some slabs with memorials. I still think there is something simple happening, but I'm out of ideas.

Try butchering all the cats.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:06:07 pm by FrankMcFuzz »
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 09:16:49 am »

Maybe some of the [urlhttp://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Standing_orders][/url] are wrong? (I think in the "refuse" submenu). There was also some bug that meant the game was confused about inside / outside in that context...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.
Pages: 1 [2]