Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone experimented with the explosive power of booze to make canons?  (Read 4188 times)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile

Also of note, if you REALLY want to use fire, doesn't one of the coals have an under-magma burning point but above-magma melting point, in addition to having no HEATDAM value? (For those of you who haven't wrangled with the RAWs, it burns but isn't damaged- it'll burn for a few seasons at the least.)

Artifact wood items, however undwarfy, will never burn though- artifacts don't take damage. Use them to light fires (but still keep dwarves away. Unless they're using nether cap gloves. Then they're less likely to combust. NOTE: nether cap gloves aren't actually craftable. Only in arena.)
I'm pretty sure that's lignite.  I know that it what people typically use for fire weapons (other than magma of course).  Now that you can load a minecart with magma and hurl it at huge velocity there doesn't seem to be much point messing with lignite...

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also of note, if you REALLY want to use fire, doesn't one of the coals have an under-magma burning point but above-magma melting point, in addition to having no HEATDAM value? (For those of you who haven't wrangled with the RAWs, it burns but isn't damaged- it'll burn for a few seasons at the least.)

Artifact wood items, however undwarfy, will never burn though- artifacts don't take damage. Use them to light fires (but still keep dwarves away. Unless they're using nether cap gloves. Then they're less likely to combust. NOTE: nether cap gloves aren't actually craftable. Only in arena.)
What about "grown nether cap gloves" from elven caravan, are those possible?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about "grown nether cap gloves" from elven caravan, are those possible?

Only if you mod in Drow. Nethercaps are a subterranean species.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its not a canon, but you can do a horrific burning death trap with a magma doorstop and a booze(in barrels) stockpile.
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around
Pages: 1 [2]