Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15094 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« on: July 05, 2015, 12:31:21 pm »

The Original, this game made with permission.

The Game Thread

In Towers of Ragona, players take on the role of Towers, men and women of power and prominence in the city-state of Ragona.  The Iron Age is at its height and the world is carved up into cities and empires, amongst which Ragona shines as one of its brighter jewels.

This is a game of politics, both public and backstage.  The Goal of the Council is to lead the Ragona through times of both peace and war... but each Tower has only one dream - to become Senex Princeps, or take a step further - and become the Dictator of Ragona. As the latter can be achieved only during times of crisis, or military/popular uprising, it will need a lot of time, patience and skill at politics to reach this title.

Spoiler: Game Concepts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Economy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Politics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Towers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: City State Breakdown (click to show/hide)

Public Doc

This Public Doc is where you can check the current market prices of goods, break even points for industry, average profits and what wages you are paying on your holdings.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:32:16 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

Alexander Gipetti
Familly name: Gipetti
Familly traits: Rich and Popular
Affiliation: Gipetti household
Primary holdings: Mines

The Gipetti was a cadet household with ties to the Royal Ningard Empire in it's old days. They served as accountants and bankers for the Empire but as time passed other cadet houses started to challenge the Gipetti's for financial positions. At first the Gipetti family held strong and worked the royal courts quite well until their enemies decided to frame them for murders of their own families. 200 years ago they were banished from the Empire by the Emperor himself for "breaking the peace with bloody kin-slayings". The Gipetti family as it was with their limited amounts of wealth re-located to Ragona not just because of opportunity to rise in the ranks yet again but because of the Gipetti's love of wealth. Not to mention the Empire would never try anything so long as the Gipetti's remain in the city and it's outskirts.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:44:29 pm by 3man75 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

Would you mind having come from the Ningard Empire?  They are a geographically close, powerful empire that would make sense.  Additionally, your family must have been here for at least a generation, even if they are absurdly rich, to have had a seat in the Council.  Otherwise, all cool.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 01:42:08 pm »

Would you mind having come from the Ningard Empire?  They are a geographically close, powerful empire that would make sense.  Additionally, your family must have been here for at least a generation, even if they are absurdly rich, to have had a seat in the Council.  Otherwise, all cool.

Oops. I meant Ningard and okay i'll edit my sheet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 02:29:38 pm »

Name: Harald
Family Name: Stonetree
Family Trait(s): Powerful and Rich
Affiliation: House Stonetree
Primary Holdings: Ironworks

The Stonetrees have almost always been in Ragona, many a member has at one point or another been in the Centuria or the Turqouise Fellowship due to their extensive trade in Arms, Weapons and Mercenaries. While relationships have not turned sour with both they have cooled a certain degree as the Stonetrees muscled out competition in the Arms Sector and became less and less scrupulous to whom they offered the services of their men.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:33 pm »

Name: Harald
Family Name: Stonetree
Family Trait(s): Powerful and Rich
Affiliation: House Stonetree
Primary Holdings: Ironworks

The Stonetrees have almost always been in Ragona, many a member has at one point or another been in the Centuria or the Turqouise Fellowship due to their extensive trade in Arms, Weapons and Mercenaries. While relationships have not turned sour with both they have cooled a certain degree as the Stonetrees muscled out competition in the Arms Sector and became less and less scrupulous to whom they offered the services of their men.

Come on man. Really?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »

What? whats wrong with Ironworks?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 03:06:01 pm »

What? whats wrong with Ironworks?

It feels like you picked that when I decided to set up a mine so that you can use my produce to create items.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »

Name: Lewis Goldbloom
Family Name: Goldbloom
Family Trait(s): Popular and more popular
Affiliation: Goldbloom House
Primary Holdings: Banking Finance

The Goldbloom house has be around for longer than any living person can remember. Over the courses of countless generations, the Goldblooms have taken root here in Ragona. Until recently they had very little to do with the politics of Ragona, but in the last generation they have opened the first bank of Ragona. Now with their hands in everyone's pockets they are moving up into the political life. They come from the people, even if they don't look it now. They are are very charismatic and thoughtful when discussing issues, and kind when it comes to the people of Ragona. A Goldbloom could as easily sit at a council table as they could around a peasants table, and no one would think that they are out of place.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:26:55 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »

Name: Lewis
Family Trait(s): Popular
Primary Holdings: Banking

The gold bloom house has be around for longer than any living person can remember. Over the courses of countless generations, the Goldblooms have taken root here in Ragona. Until recently they had very little to do with the politics of Ragona, but in the last generation they have opened the first bank of Ragona. Now with their hands in everyone's pockets they are moving up into the political life. They come from the people, even if they don't look it now. They are are very charismatic and thoughtful when discussing issues, and kind when it comes to the people of Ragona. A Goldbloom could as easily sit at a council table as they could around a peasants table, and no one would think that they are out of place.

Since you are apart of a familly you can have a second trait. It'll help i'm sure ;)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:11:13 pm »

Fixed :P I may not be able to do that though.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 04:34:52 pm »

well that wasnt my original intention but now that you mention it, it will be practical :D we will get rich of off each other.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 04:52:28 pm »

well that wasnt my original intention but now that you mention it, it will be practical :D we will get rich of off each other.

Until Spiderking here takes the famous "bankers cut". lol

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 06:13:54 pm »

Oh don't mind me, I just handle the money. I dont expect to have a major roll in the industry costs and all that, just enough to play the game  :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »

Name: Lewis Goldbloom
Family Trait(s): Popular and more popular
Primary Holdings: Banking Finance

The Goldbloom house has be around for longer than any living person can remember. Over the courses of countless generations, the Goldblooms have taken root here in Ragona. Until recently they had very little to do with the politics of Ragona, but in the last generation they have opened the first bank of Ragona. Now with their hands in everyone's pockets they are moving up into the political life. They come from the people, even if they don't look it now. They are are very charismatic and thoughtful when discussing issues, and kind when it comes to the people of Ragona. A Goldbloom could as easily sit at a council table as they could around a peasants table, and no one would think that they are out of place.

Haha!  No, you can't take double Popular.  Rich might work well, though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29