Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Timesliders: Turn 0, Blasting into the past.  (Read 2710 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Timesliders: Turn 0, Blasting into the past.
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:16:47 pm »

"Hello Ladies, Gentlemen, and everything in between, and welcome to... TIMESLIDERS! The best game show in the year 2332! My name is Van Soto, and I'm here with my co-host, Scott Larson! I'll hand it off to Scott, and he'll tell you what we're all about!"

"Thanks Van. If you've just been brought to us, and have no idea what this is all about, then stay tuned for the greatest action you have ever seen! Timesliders is a game show like no other, where our contestants will try to murder each other throughout time and space! Don't worry, they don't actually die. So you can enjoy the action without your conscience getting in the way!"

"That's right Scott, I'm gonna hand it off to our eggheads who will explain how the whole thing runs, while we wait for our contestants!"

Timesliders is a classic fight club RTD, with the twist that during the 'show' the arena moves throughout space and time. Your goal, is to simply murder everyone else before the 'episode' ends. If you die, then you get revived in the observation area. A episode is 60 turns long, each of those representing a minuet. Every 10 turns, you move to a new location, remaining in the same exact stance and keeping everything you have on you. Obviously you may be going, "But Werty, I can kill everyone in 30 turns! This will be easy, and I'll finish your game halfway through!" Not so fast! Remember how I said you have to murder everyone else? Well, when you kill someone, they are added to your list. Whenever you die, everyone on that list is thrown back into the game. So you have to kill everyone, without dying. Not as easy as it seems. Can't manage that? If there is more than one person left at the end, Everyone left is thrown in a bonus sudden death for 10 turns, and whoever has the largest kill list at the end wins, with no revives in the sudden death. The roll system will be a d20 for combat, with you rolling against your opponent, and general actions will be a d6, going by the classic scale.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"Now with that out of the way, let's get ready to meet our contestants!"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:09:11 pm by werty892 »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Timesliders: Murder through time and space! (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 07:22:38 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Cici Smith-Knowles
Backstory: Cici is a spoiled brat. However, she was led to this show, desperate for her 15 minutes, (or 60, in this case), of fame.
Color:Purple.
(This section is your attributes. Distribute 10 points among them. Every 3 points gets you a +1 in combat, every 5 in general actions.)
Strength:0
Constitution:1
Dexterity:2
Intelligence:1
Perception:1
Charisma:5
Skill: Flaunting Wealth
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Timesliders: Murder through time and space! (1/8)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:33:11 pm »

Sheet ho.
Name: Akre Nomis Tenia Foob.
Backstory: Akre Nomis Tenia Foob is not from the ordinary future- rather he is from the What Might Be, an alternate path. He doesn't make sense, for good reason. His life made too much sense, so he went to Timesliders for some change.
Color: orangepink.
Strength: 1
Constitution: 1
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 3
Perception: 1
Charisma: 1
Skill: Befuddlement by tapping sticks together.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 06:57:15 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:45:27 pm »

I'm befuddled by this already. If you can just explain more exactly, you're fine.
Character Sheet:
Name: Cici Smith-Knowles
Backstory: Cici is a spoiled brat. However, she was led to this show, desperate for her 15 minutes, (or 60, in this case), of fame.
Color:Purple.
(This section is your attributes. Distribute 10 points among them. Every 3 points gets you a +1 in combat, every 5 in general actions.)
Strength:0
Constitution:1
Perception:1
Charisma:5
Skill: Flaunting Wealth
You're in!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 07:47:08 pm »

He taps sticks(or lengths of wood, whatnot) together to befuddle people.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »

Name: Ulgh Ugh
Backstory: Ulgh the cave-guy was out hunting saber-toothed creatures with his big wooden club. He was trying to impress the lady cave-folk with his hunting skills, since he has always been far too weak to do so with his cave-strength. He tripped on something and landed in a pool of not-cave liquid that shimmered and glowed with colors that hurt his brain to think about. He woke up here.
Color: Silver.
Strength: 7
Constitution: 3
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0
Perception: 0
Charisma: 0
Skill: Bashing with over-sized clubs.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 08:13:16 pm »

He taps sticks(or lengths of wood, whatnot) together to befuddle people.
Hmm. Ok. You're in.
Name: Ulgh Ugh
Backstory: Ulgh the cave-guy was out hunting saber-toothed creatures with his big wooden club. He was trying to impress the lady cave-folk with his hunting skills, since he has always been far too weak to do so with his cave-strength. He tripped on something and landed in a pool of not-cave liquid that shimmered and glowed with colors that hurt his brain to think about. He woke up here.
Color: Silver.
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 0
Skill: Bashing with over-sized clubs.
In!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Timesliders: Murder through time and space! (3/8)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 02:02:46 pm »

Name: William Wallace
Backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Colour: Blue

Strength: 3
Skill: Surviving like a boss

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 05:34:34 pm »

Name:Noj
Backstory: Noj is a normal guy from the 1990s. He has a job and a family to go home to after a long hard day of killing people across the entirety of time and space.
Color:Yellow
Strength:2
Constitution:2
Perception:2
Charisma:1
Skill: Noj has a great understanding of areas and sees objects in everyway that they can be used (normally as a weapon). His skill is use of objects in unintended ways.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 05:52:13 pm »

Backstory:

Surviving... I'll give you a +1 to critical constitution rolls(IE:If you fail u dead) that good? Otherwise, in.
Name:Noj
Backstory: Noj is a normal guy from the 1990s. He has a job and a family to go home to after a long hard day of killing people across the entirety of time and space.
Color:Yellow
Strength:2
Constitution:2
Perception:2
Charisma:1
Skill: Noj has a great understanding of areas and sees objects in everyway that they can be used (normally as a weapon). His skill is use of objects in unintended ways.
All right. It's gonna have to be some real MacGuyver stuff though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:53:49 pm by werty892 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 05:58:03 pm »

Backstory:

Surviving... I'll give you a +1 to critical constitution rolls(IE:If you fail u dead) that good? Otherwise, in.
I'd suggest that "surviving like a boss" is different from normal "surviving," and should instead grant a hefty counter-attack if he rolls well on critical con rolls.

Sheet ho.
Name: Akre Nomis Tenia Foob.
Backstory: Akre Nomis Tenia Foob is not from the ordinary future- rather he is from the What Might Be, an alternate path. He doesn't make sense, for good reason. His life made too much sense, so he went to Timesliders for some change.
Color: Orange.
Strength: 1
Constitution: 1
Intelligence: 3
I thought orange was reserved for that announcer.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »

I'd suggest that "surviving like a boss" is different from normal "surviving," and should instead grant a hefty counter-attack if he rolls well on critical con rolls.
Hmm. Good idea. I'll take it.

And yes, Orange is reserved! Change your colors!

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 06:29:21 pm »

Name: Friday
Backstory: A technician in Auto-mechanical Combat Solutions, a small 'accident' in the workplace involving a power core, a frozen TV dinner and three microwaves sent Friday barrelling through time... And Into the future.
Color: Green
Constitution: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 2
Skill: 'How the hell does this work?':  +1 when operating mechanical items/constructs

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:34 pm »

Name: Friday
Backstory: A technician in Auto-mechanical Combat Solutions, a small 'accident' in the workplace involving a power core, a frozen TV dinner and three microwaves sent Friday barrelling through time... And Into the future.
Color: Green
Constitution: 2
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 2
Skill: 'How the hell does this work?':  +1 when operating mechanical items/constructs
You're in!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Timesliders: Murder through time and space! (6/8)
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 12:18:06 pm »

Double post, but if nobody else is interested by tomorrow, I'll roll with 6 people.
Pages: [1] 2