Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Fight the Law  (Read 1259 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Roll to Fight the Law
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:38:47 pm »

Roll to Fight the Law

The law won.

That's all that matters in the end, and that's why you're locked up in this scrap-heap in the arse end of nowhere. The official name for it is Penal Colony C-7, but for you it's just the Rock. If you're here on a minor charge you've got the dubious good fortune to occasionally be allowed out in a vac-suit to do some mining -- by which I mean you're shoved into a stained discard with expired seals at gunpoint. But hey, at least you're not in solitary, right? Those poor bastards don't see another human face more than once a year.

Today's a new day, a different day. A real red letter day, in fact. There's the usual monthly freighter bringing in supplies as well as the prison transport, true, but rumor has it that the system governor is making a surprise inspection -- that'd explain the third ship some of the inmates have seen while mining. The fourth is a tad bizarre, but you know it's real because the staff have been cherrypicking the well-behaved types for its crew to interview: a holo-vid team shooting some sort of series about life on the Rock.

That's somewhat unusual, yes, but it's not what makes today really special. That's much simpler: today's the day your plan comes to fruition, it's the day you escape. You've worked toward this for a long, long time, but the payoff will make it all worthwhile. Word on the grapevine is that you aren't the only one who has an escape coming up; all the better, those other suckers will draw attention away from your brilliant plan.

There's nothing left but a little waiting and you'll finally be free, right?

--

Back to basics RTD. No modifiers. No bonuses. No special dice. Just you, one d6, and the uncaring heart of the RNG. Usual spread 6: Overshoot down through 1: Critical Failure.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I'll take the six I like best to start, everyone else gets waitlisted based on post order.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:43:17 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Fight the Law
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:28:15 am »

Spoiler: Let's go (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:32:57 am by Harry Baldman »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:37:16 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
please read the dates on posts.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:02 am »

((So its a month old? Darn.))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.