Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where should the base be located?

Where we landed, since it will have snow coverage and be hidden.
- 5 (19.2%)
The North west of the United states, around Oregon or Montana. Lots of unsettled land.
- 6 (23.1%)
Europe. Beautiful country sides and plenty of hiding places.
- 7 (26.9%)
Other. PM suggestion to Sanure.
- 1 (3.8%)
Sanure has to choose this option during the vote.
- 7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 181

Author Topic: -~Rise of the Alterverse~- OOC [The Clone Wars!]  (Read 84171 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Alterverse OOC [Now with less Combat.]
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2015, 02:14:41 pm »

I suppose that's correct.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2015, 02:17:57 pm »

why easy if you can do it complicated?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2015, 02:24:24 pm »

Yeah, that's the only explanation I can think of right now. Of course a mechanic could exist that somehow works off of the stats affected but, well, we have no way of knowing that now.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2015, 02:50:52 pm »

There are no list of classes. Just put down a desired "class" name and then GMs will help figure out what you want and tell you what to roll for your HP, AP, and SP stats.

As for the additions you see, that's part of your "class perk." No, this isn't predetermined, but it technically falls under it. You have +5 total stat points that you can put on any of your most important stats. But on the downside, you also have -5 you can put on your non-important stats. These can be distributed as you like on the respective stats.

As for the additions to HP, AP, and SP.
You get a bonus to your HP for 10% of your CON stat, rounded up if it has .5 or above in the decimal place.
You get a bonus to your AP for 10% of your STR stat, again rounded.
You get a bonus to your SP for 10% of your WIS stat, again rounded.

Anything I didn't touch on? And please do try to keep it to 1 questions at a time per person. Makes it easier for me.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2015, 02:55:18 pm »

As for the additions you see, that's part of your "class perk." No, this isn't predetermined, but it technically falls under it. You have +5 total stat points that you can put on any of your most important stats. But on the downside, you also have -5 you can put on your non-important stats. These can be distributed as you like on the respective stats.

What's the point of this? You can distribute your stats as you want at the beginning of the game so... You can just put extra points into the unimportant stats that'll carry over to the important stats, making it entirely pointless from a mechanical standpoint.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:32 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:09:13 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:28 pm »

What's the point of this? You can distribute your stats as you want at the beginning of the game so... You can just put extra points into the unimportant stats that'll carry over to the important stats, making it entirely pointless from a mechanical standpoint.
It was Sanure's idea, so I am unsure?
I believe they're used in some situations, but not in others. I could be wrong on this, and I wish you could get skype calls in a log like you do the SMS because of this :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2015, 03:02:03 pm »

It was Sanure's idea, so I am unsure?
Well shit.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »

Skyflame
HP: 1d8 - 11 + 2(CON bonus)
AP: 1d6 - 10 + 2(STR bonus)
SP: 1d10 - 9 + 2 (WIS bonus)
Confused how this happened?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »

Is it just me or does Melinda look like she just had some good drugs?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2015, 03:07:52 pm »

I wouldn't know, since the images aren't loading for me.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:13 pm »

KJ said those were the stat in question, halved.

also, why would these be chosen at random? That's stupid, what if you get only like 1 health? you need 10 statpoints to increase that. I think we should be able to choose what the numbers are, rolling on something like health seems ust silly. No matter how tanky you build, if you roll just 1 HP, all for naught

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:17 pm »

Okay, regarding the clarification of the stats stuff, From what I understand from talking to Sanure about making my sheet last night, you first choose a class and the three most important stats it has, then you choose one stat that's most important to it, in the case of my sheet this was Con, Str, and Agi, with Strength being the most important. The most important stat gets +1 every level besides the 5 total points to the three most important stats. The other three stats you take a total of five points from.
For your HP, SP, and AP you roll 1d8, 1d6, and 1d10, respectively. Then, you add half your stat points from Con, Str, and Wis to your HP, AP, and SP, respectively, rounding up if you have .5 or over. Of course, this is all based off of my sheet so I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

If I roll dice and then add half my stat, my values should be even higher. But yeah, stuff is confusing as shit.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:58 pm »

I mean, to be fair in games where you roll for stats most GMs have it so that the first level's points are always the full allotment. And if someone only gets 1 HP that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:33 pm »

Well the GMs were going to take care of that, to make sure nothing like 1 HP happens on something like a tank. Also you'd only need 5 constitution at least to raise it by 1 point, as a note, since it rounds up.

Also, yes, we are aware of the "stupidity" of this. Kevak made that clear already. And as I've said: I will talk to Sanure (and Elf, but mainly the former) about this. For now, just make character sheets and put nothing for the HP, AP, and SP. If you already have something there, keep it momentarily.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 181