Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Space Magic: A Gooey Mess[7/7] - Waitlist available  (Read 42396 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: And it begins! [5/5] - Waitlist available
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2015, 08:22:24 am »

Check the doors for the office and engineering.  Try to determine how these doors are opened.  If some sort of visible panel is involved, determine if it would be possible for me to use the tools I have to open the panel and damage or rewire the internal components so that the door will not be able to open.

Then walk into the bathroom.  Look around for any useful items that may have been left inside there.  If I find any, take them if possible.

Finally, walk over to the room with the ladder.  Look for clues to where the ladder leads to.  Don't climb it just yet

(I considered sabotaging the bathroom to cause flooding or some other problem that could cause a janitorial worker to show up, but then I remembered I'm on a futuristic spaceship. :P)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:55 pm »

"Clones? I don't teach clones. What you are talking about?" Professor lowers his gun and while eyeing the other guy.

Act defensively.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:07:51 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2015, 03:39:33 pm »

"Clones? I don't teach clones. What you are talking about?" Professor lowers his gun and while eyeing the other guy.

"I gave you my story. What's yours?" PFC Fridge asks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:39:45 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »

"Why don't we ask him?" John gestures toward the clone guy getting off the elevator. "If this isn't an elaborate trap, it's a very poorly designed kidnapping. Why would they ..." John trails off in thought.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2015, 11:31:51 pm »

"There ain't much of story. I'm Dr. Physics Professor and presumably my students knocked me out, tied me hanging upside down from ceiling again probably in attempt to force me giving them better grades and stole my pants. Of course such things won't hold me so I wriggled myself out and built a gun. And then shot syringes at two students who came in with intent to torture me and I built better gun from their weapons. Then this guy popped up.
I'm beginning to think this might not be my university."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2015, 04:44:30 am »

"Why don't we ask him?" John gestures toward the clone guy getting off the elevator. "If this isn't an elaborate trap, it's a very poorly designed kidnapping. Why would they ..." John trails off in thought.

"These guys have suicide capsules in their teeth. They're not about to tell you shit, sorry to say," PFC Fridge explains. "Anyway, this strikes me as some kind of test. They're not trying very hard to keep us in, to be sure."

"There ain't much of story. I'm Dr. Physics Professor and presumably my students knocked me out, tied me hanging upside down from ceiling again probably in attempt to force me giving them better grades and stole my pants. Of course such things won't hold me so I wriggled myself out and built a gun. And then shot syringes at two students who came in with intent to torture me and I built better gun from their weapons. Then this guy popped up.
I'm beginning to think this might not be my university."

"Oh, so you're a loon. Got it."

"Anyway, let's all join up in exploring this place? I could use some backup. You have this floor covered, or did you just make a break for the elevator?"

How far does the ladder go up and down?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:22 am »

(( there is a clone, exiting the elevator which is inside of medical. Harry, your character saw the clone exit that elevator behind mine and Aoshi's, and pointed him out to us. This is why I backed toward the elevator in the hall and pointed my gun medbayward. We are not having this conversation unobserved.))

"I didn't want to say 'loon.' He's got some special gift for making thing that should not be, but he certainly has labored under the impression that this was his students for quite some time now. Profeor, this is a space ship, not your university. Those fellows are military, not educational. We were abducted, not pranked, and this is life and death, not pass and fail. Medical should be clear except for that guy" John waves his gun medbayward. "and the elevator goes one down and four up."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2015, 09:32:29 am »

PFC looks at the level indicators on the elevator.

"Oh, well, that sheds light on things. So, you want I should shoot the guy in the hall? Maybe I could even hit him."

If the uniformed guy down the hall is obviously highly similar to the already killed guards, shoot him dead from my position.

If not, examine the uniformed guy for significant differences aside from the black uniform.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:30 am »

"I'm not a loon, you buffoon. This isn't first time I have been captured, so I assumed situation being similar to previous instance of the event. Let me talk him into submission."

Talk the military type guy (not Harry) into submission. Shoot him if he acts offensively.
Old sigs.
Games.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2015, 02:20:35 pm »

I peak into the bridge!

You would, but the large doorway leading to it is locked down shut, and very heavily armored. You would need some high powered explosives, or some power tools to open that. Maybe there is an engineering section with those tools? You hear the elevator engine click into life, and dive behind the desk that you saw. Four men exit the elevator, and take up guard positions by the bridge door. Due to the shape of the desk, they currently cannot see you.

Point my pistol toward the floor, finger away from the trigger. step back, toward the hall elevatorto guard against the guy from the medical elevator.

"Clones ... No, we're not clones. Nice dog. We might have a little trouble though. Professor Syringe there might have had ... words with a couple of clones back in medical."

"I'm not a loon, you buffoon. This isn't first time I have been captured, so I assumed situation being similar to previous instance of the event. Let me talk him into submission."

Talk the military type guy (not Harry) into submission. Shoot him if he acts offensively.

PFC looks at the level indicators on the elevator.

"Oh, well, that sheds light on things. So, you want I should shoot the guy in the hall? Maybe I could even hit him."

If the uniformed guy down the hall is obviously highly similar to the already killed guards, shoot him dead from my position.

If not, examine the uniformed guy for significant differences aside from the black uniform.

Harry Baldman:

You hear the radio that you took earlier click to life. A man screeches into the channel, noting that many seem to have gone missing. He orders four men per level of the ship to perform searches, and to kill any hostiles, or non-crew on sight.

All three of you:

Upon walking out of the other elevator, the man sees his two badly injured comrades, and immediately takes cover. He sees you three and begins popping shots off at you. Luckily all of the shots miss, slamming into the adjacent walls. Though "The Professor" tries to approach the man and talk him into submission. But, the man wants no part in talking. It is too late. PFC Fridge blows the mans head clear off, he slumps to the floor, his blood pooling around him. He is wearing the same uniform as the other men that were killed.

The elevator's doors close, and it's electric motor clicks to life as it begins to ferry passengers between floors.

Check the doors for the office and engineering.  Try to determine how these doors are opened.  If some sort of visible panel is involved, determine if it would be possible for me to use the tools I have to open the panel and damage or rewire the internal components so that the door will not be able to open.

Then walk into the bathroom.  Look around for any useful items that may have been left inside there.  If I find any, take them if possible.

Finally, walk over to the room with the ladder.  Look for clues to where the ladder leads to.  Don't climb it just yet

(I considered sabotaging the bathroom to cause flooding or some other problem that could cause a janitorial worker to show up, but then I remembered I'm on a futuristic spaceship. :P)

These doors open simply by pulling on a handle, which will activate the heavy door's motors. Both doors have an ID slot on them, but, they must both be unlocked, as a green light is glowing next to the main panel. The doors on the office and bathroom appear to be easy to modify. It looks like you could unscrew the access panel, and mess with it's internal mechanisms. Either by modifying the wiring, or sticking something in the doors motors. Though if you don't have knowledge of such things, it cause some odd things to happen.

It.. smells... awful in that bathroom!! Someone must not handle protein paste well! Anyways, you find some bleach, and some ammonia, both in separate plastic-like containers roughly a gallon in size. You check to see if the coast is clear before leaving the bathroom.

You see a group of four men, all very similar in appearance, leave the engineering area, and head through the room with the ladder in it, then disappear. You figure that there is either another hall, or an elevator in that room. You hear some grunting noises and the loud suction of a vacuum toilet behind you. A man walks out of the stall and begins to wash his hands by sticking them in a machine that kills all bacteria, and cleans the hands with soap and water in a contained environment. Useful for zero gravity situations.

The mans gets a strange look on his face, as if confused, then looks over, seeing you. He tries to move, but cannot yet, as the machine still has him contained. He begins to yell, and you close the door. He should be free of the machines clutches in ~5 seconds.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:25:27 pm by HavingPhun »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »

"Right, so they fucking finally seem tipped off that maybe something's amiss. Took them long enough. They're sending four people to search each floor, or so my little bird would have it."

Check the man with the blown-off head for any goods, including ammo.

"Honestly, I'm starting to suspect that we might have teleported here, because there's seriously no way they just stuck me in a broom closet and then were surprised when I got out."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:59:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »

Hide more. Listen to see if they discuss anything.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2015, 04:04:34 pm »

(Oops, I guess I should have amplified my hearing and checked if anyone was in the bathroom before going in.  I assumed that since I couldn't see/hear him from the vents that the bathroom was empty.  Oh well, I'll adapt.)

(Since I closed the door when he started yelling, I'm assuming that means the bathroom is sound proof right?)

Amplify the man's sense of touch to 1000% and try to knock him out using my crowbar.  Hopefully the added pain will help.

If he is not knocked out, but merely dazed, then reduce his sense of touch to 10% and use my tools to break his arms and legs.  Attempt to interrogate him for information.  If he refuses to cooperate, then gradually amplify his sense of touch until the pain makes him start talking or he blacks out from the pain.

After he is knocked out, look for the bathroom vent.  Check if I can remove the grate from below and climb up inside.  If so, climb up with all my stuff (especially the bleach and ammonia; discard other items if necessary) and replace the grate.  Then navigate through the vents back to the engineering grate.  Observe what's going on down there.

(If I'm able to get back to the engineering grate with the bleach and ammonia and there are still tons of clones in there, then I've got a nasty surprise planned....)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2015, 08:27:42 pm »

((I'm assuming all three of us heard the radio))

"Well, that clears up the situation. Guard the ladder and elevator, would you? We're definitely not going to talk our way free of this."John loots our new corpse, taking weapon, radio, ID badge, and anything unusual, and finishes off the other two, before turning to face the ladder and elevator. "There's the engine room below, and bridge, quarters, and comms above. I believe we are still docked, what with the construction going on, but that is not a given. Hmmm .... they didn't call for reinforcements, so we might not have to worry about outsiders yet."

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:49 pm »

((I'm assuming all three of us heard the radio))
Yeah, let's just assume that he relayed the information to both of you. We could also just say that you guys grabbed radios off the other guards, I had forgotten that detail with the earlier guards.

(Since I closed the door when he started yelling, I'm assuming that means the bathroom is sound proof right?)
Yes, the doors of the ship (at least in the engineering area) are very thick and block sound well.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I should be back to a more regular update schedule now, except perhaps for fridays and saturdays. I know I hadn't been so frequent in updating this for a week or two. I'll be sure to wait for everyone to post before updating for now, so that could result in some missed days.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:16:45 pm by HavingPhun »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35