Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Space Magic: A Gooey Mess[7/7] - Waitlist available  (Read 42215 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: And it begins! [4/4] Waitlist available.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »

I examine the access terminals. See if there is any information to be had anywhere on them or on the desks that they are on.
Aside from the terminals, the desks have a few different forms on them that do not provide much useful information. But, upon searching a bit more you find a small packet containing information on server maintenence, and various notes.

One of the page headers states: "Emergency escape plans for the CSS Epsilon". If you are infact on that ship, it states that is an old civilian cargo ship that the Federation recently acquired. The section mentioning why the ship was purchased and what it might be used for was left blank... odd.

The terminals are locked, but on. You see a standard login screen.

Create a sharp blade to cut a hole into the box, and look out to see where I am

After the drop you continue to move for a short bit, then halt to a stop. You begin to shape a blade, while simultaneously condensing the air within the box to a point near your hands. You form your blade rather easily and cut a neat hole into the box. You see a poorly lit room, roughly 10x10 square feet. In one corner there are several crates like the one you are in, most of them have already been opened. Though two seem to still be closed.

You can only see one door from your position. You see a switch in the corner of your view, above it is a a sign that reads "To disposal". Luckily for you, someone had that in the off position.

PFC Fridge regards the room dully for a moment, then grabs the pipe. Probably won't have to beat anyone to death, but who knows. Maybe it'll be a good walking stick.

Get out of the broom closet, pipe in hand. Check the area. Has something clearly gone wrong?

You approach the door and attempt to open it, at first it begins to open in normal fashion, when it suddenly makes a noise that sounds as if it had something spicy for breakfast, and begins to smoke a bit. It's just a standard motor driven door, something that is common in this time. You do a manual override on it and pull it open slowly.

To your left, and in front of you are walls. The hallway continues to your right. It looks as if people have recently grinded much of the paint and insignias off of the walls and the precise and minimalistic design of the place reinforces your thoughts that you are in some ship or station. There is a man asleep in a chair facing the doorway, he must be in very deep sleep considering the grinding of the door didn't awaken him. He is wearing a dark grey uniform, and while it has no symbols or insignia, you definetely recognize it's similarity to military uniforms.

Reflect on my situation. Have I heard rumors of this kind of thing before? Have i participated in something like this? Who was likely to grab me in such a way? Why wold they dump me in such a place? Was I grabbed on planet, on ship, or on station?

I examine myself. What am I wearing: the clothes i had on when taken (standard spacer military suit), or something different? What have I on my possession?

While doing this, I listen carefully to my surroundings. Does this medbay have the feel of a planetside location or a spacebound one? Do I detect the telltales of other living beings nearby?

Your last memories before this were of you heading to your quarters on Luna, (Earths moon, not sure if anyone else calls it that), and being ambushed by several masked people. You have never participated in anything like this that you can remember. But, as you think, you do remember some stories that briefly appeared on mainstream media, and soon after were only mentioned or expanded upon by conspiracy theorists. Apparently some people were being abducted - Some claimed by the Federation - but you had previously just chalked them up to crackpot theories.

You think it may be because of your powers... 'But why would The Federation kidnap me?', you thought 'I'm one of them'. Though you were serving on Luna, you had spent several years of your life on Earth. You would guess that this place is at something like 3/4 Earth gravities. You listen, and hear the telltale humming of an air filtration system, but no people. Based on that, the posters, and some of the equipment being bolted down, you guess that you are probably on a space ship.

You are still wearing what you had on beforehand, but all of your pockets are emptied... Even the one hidden in your underpants! The room seems to have been cleared recently, considering the sparse amount of equipment. But it must have been used fairly recently, as dust has not gathered upon anything. Pondering these things, you automatically reach up to rub your beard. You find it a fair bit longer than it was before.

((Also, they do have artificial gravity tech in this, so they do not need to be under thrust to have gravity.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:25:43 pm by HavingPhun »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

I attempt to hack into the terminal (as I am a hacker).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »

Examine the office through the window. If it it empty of people, try to open the door. If that works, enter and search through the office stuff for interesting stuff. (I'll leave the computer and statue for next round, unless I can do all that in one go.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 02:15:47 am »

Check if the sleeping guy has a gun or any other weapon, steal it if yes. If he awakens and seems hostile, lift him telekinetically (and abruptly) by the head in a hangman sort of way.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 08:26:49 am »

Go to the other crates, and quietly ask if there's anyone in them. In any case, make an air sword to cut the side of each box off and look at their content
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 03:52:23 pm »

I attempt to hack into the terminal (as I am a hacker).
[3+1]
You sucessfully hack into the terminal. The interface is fairly minimalistic, the page header states "CSS Epsilon Mainframe Control". You are presented with several options:

"Power Off Server"
"Restart Server"
"Relinquish Secondary Elevator Control"
"Perform Ship Systems Diagnostics"
"Open Command Console"

At the bottom of the screen there is a small section describing each of the functions. The third option makes it so elevators can only be controlled by these terminals and the buttons within the elevators. The fourth option probably wouldn't be much use for you unless you wanted to repair something on the ship. You attempt to use the last option, but it asks for an administrator password. You think that it would be nearly impossible to hack through that, and will need the password.

Examine the office through the window. If it it empty of people, try to open the door. If that works, enter and search through the office stuff for interesting stuff. (I'll leave the computer and statue for next round, unless I can do all that in one go.

The office has no people within it. You walk over to the door and hover your hand over the doors sensor. The door lets out an angry beeping noise and flashes red, remaining closed. The statue is the only thing in the office that isn't bolted down. Not a very safe considering that it is made of metal and looks very heavy.

((Just to be clear, the computer and the statue are within the office. Your fine doing multiple things each round. If you are doing multiple things and skill rolls are involved you just will not do as well as you would have if you just focused on the one action. Feel free to post several things as long as its not a ridiculous amount of actions, if it's too much I'll just tell you to do it next round.))

Check if the sleeping guy has a gun or any other weapon, steal it if yes. If he awakens and seems hostile, lift him telekinetically (and abruptly) by the head in a hangman sort of way.
[6]

He has a standard federation gauss pistol on his belt. Something you are quite familiar with (and skilled with) due to your years of service, and time on the firing range. Though it fires rounds the size of a large marble, it is still very damaging due to the incredibly speed and power at which the rounds are fired. A very capable sidearm.

The man has adopted a very slouched position in his sleep. You slowly move towards him, careful not to make noise. You sucessfully pull his pistol off, but you do it too well. You must have forgotten to unlatch the holster, because along with the pistol comes the holster, and the mans belt... His pants fall to the floor and he begins to stir.

He looks at you groggily at first, then, a moment later, he bolts upright and attempts to throw a fist at you. Seeing the oncoming attack, you lift him by his head shockingly fast, there is an audible pop as his neck snaps. You feel winded from using your powers, but you can still go on, you pick up the pistol.

Go to the other crates, and quietly ask if there's anyone in them. In any case, make an air sword to cut the side of each box off and look at their content
You look at the crate you were just in, it is labeled "Pizza". You look at some of the empty crates. Along with various crates that must have contained equipment three are labeled- "Specimen 1", "Specimen 2", and "Specimen 3" -, odd.

One of the unopened crates is labeled "Specimen 4". The other labeled "Specimen 5". You first look at the "Specimen 4" crate and recieve no response. Upon opening it, you find an insulated container. Within it? Fresh, hot pizza! At least 6 whole pies, the container is exceeding well at keeping them fresh... you think it could be a stasis pod, fairly large too.

Upon talking to the last crate, you hear faint scratching, and sniffing sounds. You decide to take the risk and open it. A dog barrels out, it looks like a german shepard, it's eyes are entirely blue. It eats 3 of your pizzas before you can stop it. After it's meal, it walks up to you and sits, staring at you. Looks like you have found a new friend.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »

"Eh buddy, what were you doing in there?"(If it says anything, I imagine technology would be advanced enough for that sort of phenomena, plus magic makes anything possible, so I doubt I'll be surprised.)

Have myself a pizza. Wrap the remaining pizzas in a shell of solid air if possible. Afterwards, find a way out.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

Step to the side, alter the gravity of the door medbay-ward in order to rip it off it's hinges (is the window on the door, or is it a wall window? Enter the room, gather up and inspect the statue, and examine the computer screen.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 06:02:47 pm »

is the window on the door, or is it a wall window?.
It's a wall window.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 06:50:54 pm »

I power off the server and head for an exit.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 03:48:14 am »

"Heh," goes PFC Fridge. "He's heavier than he looks."

Steal everything this man has on him. Check him for any info on my predicament.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 11:30:04 am »

"Eh buddy, what were you doing in there?"(If it says anything, I imagine technology would be advanced enough for that sort of phenomena, plus magic makes anything possible, so I doubt I'll be surprised.)

Have myself a pizza. Wrap the remaining pizzas in a shell of solid air if possible. Afterwards, find a way out.
You sense something within your mind, very subtle, but enough that you conclude it is not a figment of your imagination. The dog looks at you intelligently, waiting for you. You take it as a greeting.

You manage to contain the pizza's, but the container is somewhat unwieldy, it will be difficult to do anything that requires dexterity, or two hands to do, while holding it, but you should manage otherwise. You feel rather spent from using your powers repeatedly.

You head straight through the door with no issues. You see a fairly long hallway with several doors placed regularly on each side. Plaques above the doors have a number for each room, you assume that it is a general quarters for wherever you are. The hallway turns to the right at it's end. You cannot see beyond the turn.

Step to the side, alter the gravity of the door medbay-ward in order to rip it off it's hinges (is the window on the door, or is it a wall window? Enter the room, gather up and inspect the statue, and examine the computer screen.
You stand back, and shift the gravity of the door. The door begins to come undone, you increase the strength of the field, and the door bends and creaks heavily. Suddenly, the door rips out of its frame and slams into the wall across from it. It makes quite a ruckus. You plop down onto floor, breathing heavily. You wipe up the sweat has beaded up on your forehead. After a few moments you get up.

You pick up the statue and examine it. It has a note stuck to the bottom: "To my long time friend, I am sorry that I am being transferred. The current admin password is listed below, please just use it to aid the health of the crew as you said".

Someone must have forgotten to log off this computer, it seems that all you can do with it is examine medical records of the crew. It seems that not all of the crew have been put into the system yet, though of the few, you see some odd occurences. The pictures of the crew look nearly identical, as if it is the same person, though they do have different names. Only a few minor injuries are listed, seemingly from the use of construction tools, otherwise the records are bare.

You find a document with some small notes, from piecing various notes together, you confirm that you are infact on a ship. You see something mentioning a federation purchase of the ship, and how all of the crew had to be find new jobs. The ship's owner sold it because of money problems. They must have not yet cleared out this room, you assume that someone else has been in here because of the few medical records in the system.

Unless... there is another computer. The medbay does seem rather small.

I power off the server and head for an exit.
You click the option to power off the servers. The humming, beeping, and blinking of the colossal machines ceases, and you open up the exit door. You enter a small room. There is an elevator in front of you, and a latter hatch on the ground, along with a ladder that goes upwards to the next level. You have to manually open the elevator door. Luckily, it is right below you and you could walk on top of it. But, it refuses to function due to the server being off...

What moron set up this server you think, how are people supposed to use the elevator when the server has downtime!?! It would take a few minutes to turn the server back on. The ladder isn't that bad.

"Heh," goes PFC Fridge. "He's heavier than he looks."

Steal everything this man has on him. Check him for any info on my predicament.
You glance at the man on the floor, black-brown hair, slightly tan. He looks to be in his early fourties. Odd, the white of his eye has a very small, but noticeable circle of black within it. You do not know of anything that can cause that.

Besides his gun, all you find is a small knife, handy for many situations. You hear his radio click on and put it on your own ear, you hear: "Bill, hows it going down there? Your subject wake up yet?", you hear someone in the background say: "He's probably asleep, again. But lets just let him be, the subject won't be able to break out of that room, I jammed a rod into the doors assembly, it's motor won't run like that".

It sounds like they are just down the hall, in a room to the left, right before a doorway at it's end. There is a hallway to the right before the room and doorway.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

We are not quite in the meat of the game yet, and we have just started, so it might be hard to form an opinion right now. But, I would like to know what you guys think of the game so far. This is my first RTD so I like to know what I am doing right, and/or wrong. Also, any questions?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »

Name: Dr. Physics Professor
Appearance: Middle aged man, dressed like Eleventh Doctor and wearing a lab coat.
Type of Power: Magical MacGyver. Build fantastic things using things that shouldn't result such fantastic things. And he weeps every time someone uses space magic. Everytime. Even when he himself uses it.
Skills:
  • SCIENCE! I'm a doctor of physics! Don't guestion it! Shut up!
  • Judo.
  • Talking. Be it either intimidating, persuading or seducing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 01:01:51 pm »

Listen for a moment to the radio chatter. Park my ass up against the wall and have a short breather to recharge my brain, perhaps?

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: And it begins! [5/6]
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 01:19:51 pm »

Name: Dr. Physics Professor
Appearance: Middle aged man, dressed like Eleventh Doctor and wearing a lab coat.
Type of Power: Magical MacGyver. Build fantastic things using things that shouldn't result such fantastic things. And he weeps every time someone uses space magic. Everytime. Even when he himself uses it.
Skills:
  • SCIENCE! I'm a doctor of physics! Don't guestion it! Shut up!
  • Judo.
  • Talking. Be it either intimidating, persuading or seducing.
Huh, to be honest, when I first created this I intended just having simple things like manipulating temperature or gravity, telekinesis and other things. But, I think these other types will result in some interesting situations. So why not. Also, I don't know what you mean by being dressed like 'Eleventh Doctor', I must have missed the reference, sorry.

Only limits I really have for it is that if you try to turn a paper clip into a rocket launcher or something it probably won't work. Also, the more complex the thing you want to create, the more tiring it will be for you.

@SalsaCookies: I was thinking about how your original power could be handled. Though it is not completely the same, an idea I had was that perhaps it could allow you to 'infuse' different objects and maybe yourself with different properties. Such as make a baseball on fire, have electricity flowing through it, etc. Probably also things such as making you more dextrous or agile while using the object or something. Though it would probably have some limits, so people wouldn't just carry around a bunch of menial objects and give them various enhancing properties.

Also, I figure I'll bump up the player limit to 6 for now and come up with some more things for you guys to do. I'll make the first section of the game a bit longer than I originally intended.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment you wake up, you know that is going to be one of those days again. You are hanging upside down from the ceiling, a rope tied to your feet. You must have forgotten to wear pants again, because all you have on is underwear, which you labcoat is no longer covering because it has been pulled over your chest by gravity.

Your hands are tied, but, your captors failed to notice your secret stash in your underpants.. well it's not technically in your underpants, but you have to access it through them. You would rather not get into describing the details...

Anyways! You find nothing but a pencil, and some toe nail clippers in the- wait no, there is also a bit of string too.

The room is fairly small, and reminds you of a examination room that doctors offices have. There are several cabinets, and an examination bed with a roll of that thin paper that is placed over the top of it. You think you could grab onto one of the drawers if you got your hands completely unbound.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:26:08 pm by HavingPhun »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35