Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Space Magic: A Gooey Mess[7/7] - Waitlist available  (Read 42327 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Space Magic: And it begins! [5/6]
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 03:08:18 pm »

Spoiler: Eleventh Doctor (click to show/hide)

((Turning a paper clip into rocket launcher is way more than magic macgyvering, it is outright reality bending. I'm not planning to go that far. But MAD SCIENCE AWAITS!))

*sigh* Not again. I'll remember this when it is time to grade exams.

Build this kind of blade from my meager resources. If I'm succesful, realize I have broken law of conversation of energy and cry a bit. Then cut my hands free, swing around a bit to get hold one of drawers and finally cut my legs free. Search for loot.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 03:30:28 pm »

((Turning a paper clip into rocket launcher is way more than magic macgyvering, it is outright reality bending. I'm not planning to go that far. But MAD SCIENCE AWAITS!))
Alright, this should be interesting. Also, I forgot to put you initial mind strength and endurance stats. Here they are:

Initial Mind Strength:2
Initial Mind Endurance:4

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »

I climb up the ladder. Someone will need to return power to the server, but by that point I'll be long gone. It'll make a nice distraction.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 04:01:15 pm »

Yeah, the idea of infusion sounds great, maybe that could be what my power evolves to, if that's okay?

Open the door on the right for the dog to look through, and inspect the left room. If I can't open them, and I'll still have my air weapons, use them to break the lock so the the doors can open.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 04:26:55 pm »

We are not quite in the meat of the game yet, and we have just started, so it might be hard to form an opinion right now. But, I would like to know what you guys think of the game so far. This is my first RTD so I like to know what I am doing right, and/or wrong. Also, any questions?
So far, you are doing just fine. Personally, I'd insist on a proper name for "Dr. Physics professor," unless you want this to be a wacky setting, but I'll roll with whatever. Now, onto my actions:

Whew. That was tiring. I've never used this skill like that before though. Maybe with practice I'll be able to do that without wearing out so quickly. Unless it kills me. Don't really know what this is doing to me.

This is ... more than odd. I wonder if the federation bought this thing to house me? Or us, more likely. Why, if I am detained, did they leave me alone in here? Why am I not under supervision? Unless they are watching. They'll probably track my computer use. And really, where am I going to go, on a ship? Unless they haven't undocked from whatever construction yard yet. Hmmm.
Newton considers his situation while working, knowing he has little choice but to move forward. He looks across the room at the torn door, and wonders if he is thinking properly.

Obviously, I'm going to use the admin password and see where this goes. Hang onto the statue - what is it a statue of? You mentioned the medbay being small and the current crew list likewise being small - how big of a ship am I on and what size crew compliment should it have, compared to what is listed?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 05:02:28 pm »

Quote from: Title
And it begins! [5/6]
Quote from: OP
Currently there is a limit of four players,
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 08:54:16 pm »

Quote from: Title
And it begins! [5/6]
Quote from: OP
Currently there is a limit of four players,
Whoops, sorry about that. The original limit was 4 people. But, today I decided that I would bump it up to 6 people. I'll fix that. Thanks for catching that for me.

Listen for a moment to the radio chatter. Park my ass up against the wall and have a short breather to recharge my brain, perhaps?
You take a moment to rest yourself, and continue to listen to the radio for a bit, but, it remains silent. A few minutes later there is a subtle click, and all you hear is static noise. A man walks out of the room down the hall, he walks through the doorway at the halls end, climbs up a ladder, and disappears. You rest for a few more minutes and feel as ready as ever, full of energy!

*sigh* Not again. I'll remember this when it is time to grade exams.

Build this kind of blade from my meager resources. If I'm succesful, realize I have broken law of conversation of energy and cry a bit. Then cut my hands free, swing around a bit to get hold one of drawers and finally cut my legs free. Search for loot.

You sucessfully create your makeshift knife, and after a bit of fanagling around (and many tears), you manage to cut free your hands. Now for the hard part.

[1+1]

Years of Judo training have improved your reflexes, and dexterity greatly. You eye a drawer that requires a key to unlock, and grab onto it, and it stays shut. You cut the ropes binding your feet and prepare to make a calculated landing, so you won't get hurt when the rope comes undone. All is going well until your hand gets caught in the drawer handle, and you smash into the floor painfully. Your hand is left unhurt but you land on your knife with your lower leg.

Your lower leg is bleeding fairly heavily, the knife could be pulled out easily. You landed in a way that the wound isn't nearly as bad as it could have been, but it still is quite concerning

I climb up the ladder. Someone will need to return power to the server, but by that point I'll be long gone. It'll make a nice distraction.
You head up the ladder quickly. You climb into another small chamber identical to the one below you. There is another ladder heading up, and the currently useless elevator. You walk through the doorway and see a rather bland hallway. At it's center it breaks off into two more hallways. You walk to the intersection of all the halls, the shape of the level resembles a plus sign. Each of the halls has multiple doors on each side.

You see several plaques that say "General Quarters 2". Several of the doors that you walked by were open. One or two rooms were completely empty, several others were being used to store bunk-beds, dressers, and other pieces of furniture. There were also a few that looked like someone had just recently moved into them. Still sparsely decorated, yet the bed sheets were partially off, and seemed to have been washed recently.

You hear grunting noises, and think that perhaps someone is getting a bit playful nearby. Then, two men slowly walk out a room, about ten feet from you carrying a large heavy duty metal container. The container must be very heavy, as they are struggling to carry it, and spew insults at each other. One of the men looks up and sees you, and gestures to the other man. They quickly drop the box and draw pistols on you. They are approaching you slowly.

Yeah, the idea of infusion sounds great, maybe that could be what my power evolves to, if that's okay?

Open the door on the right for the dog to look through, and inspect the left room. If I can't open them, and I'll still have my air weapons, use them to break the lock so the the doors can open.
Sorry, I meant that there are many doors on each side, not just one on the left and one on the right, but I'll still have you open up the first two. I have to limit these things in some ways at least, just to be sure that people aren't too powerful (to start).

I'll give you two options. First option is to just replace your existing power with this. Second, you may use the power, but only upon your air objects that you have made. It would take separate energy from the creation of the weapon to infuse it with an effect. So creating a blade and making it molten hot, would be more tiring than just a blade. The degree of strength for the infusion would matter also, but probably not come into effect unless it was a more drastic effect. I believe I mentioned this above, but you could also do things such as make your weapon hit with more force, or have more cutting power.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The door on the left opens fine and the dog begins to rummage around in a pile of what some would call junk. There are a large assortment of various odds and ends. But, you don't look through it much. You want to secure the area somewhat first.

[5]

The door on the right gives you trouble, it beeps in refusal, the nerve! You take your blade and begin jam it into the doors assembly- halting for a moment, you set your pizza container down before you continue. After a bit of work, you hear a soft click, and pull the door open, a man within sees you. He charges at you and swings wildly for your head with the large book in his hand. He misses you by a small margin, he runs himself straight through your knife, it's blade sticking out of his back.

The mans face tightens up, and his breathing grows shallow and fast. He slowly glances down at the blade in his chest and looks as if he is about to say something- foamy blood seeps from his lips, and his body goes limp. You look to the man on the ground, your hands covered in blood. The dog walks from it's room and gives you a knowing look, he whines quietly.

We are not quite in the meat of the game yet, and we have just started, so it might be hard to form an opinion right now. But, I would like to know what you guys think of the game so far. This is my first RTD so I like to know what I am doing right, and/or wrong. Also, any questions?
So far, you are doing just fine. Personally, I'd insist on a proper name for "Dr. Physics professor," unless you want this to be a wacky setting, but I'll roll with whatever. Now, onto my actions:

Whew. That was tiring. I've never used this skill like that before though. Maybe with practice I'll be able to do that without wearing out so quickly. Unless it kills me. Don't really know what this is doing to me.

This is ... more than odd. I wonder if the federation bought this thing to house me? Or us, more likely. Why, if I am detained, did they leave me alone in here? Why am I not under supervision? Unless they are watching. They'll probably track my computer use. And really, where am I going to go, on a ship? Unless they haven't undocked from whatever construction yard yet. Hmmm.
Newton considers his situation while working, knowing he has little choice but to move forward. He looks across the room at the torn door, and wonders if he is thinking properly.

Obviously, I'm going to use the admin password and see where this goes. Hang onto the statue - what is it a statue of? You mentioned the medbay being small and the current crew list likewise being small - how big of a ship am I on and what size crew compliment should it have, compared to what is listed?
I pondered whether or not to accept that as a name for a bit, but decided to allow it this time. For this game I am going to allow a little bit of things like that slip, but it doesn't mean I am going to let the floodgates open to more ridiculous names. This game is also an experiment in way. For me to test the mechanics of the powers, and also so I can see what sort of things I will face running a larger RTD.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

[1]

It appears that the software on this workstation was designed to restrict you to only do the things that they wish for you do. You are sure that there is a way to access administrative controls, but are not sure where to find them. Perhaps a hidden menu? Your not sure.

You judge that this ship is one of the smaller classes of cargo ship, meant for high speed shipping of passengers and/or sensitive cargo. To function properly and completely need around 30 people. But, if the quarters are compact enough, and shared by passengers using bunk-beds, they could hold around 150 people.

The statue is a model of the FSS Celestia. A very famous exploration ship. It's crew embarked upon the first warp driven journey made by humanity. They discovered many worlds and lost secrets, making them a symbol of humanity ingenuity and perserverence. Making it a great gift for anyone. The bottom curves into a flat stand so you can set it down nicely.

You sit in the chair and think for a moment about your situation. You look out the office window and remind yourself that you can always try that elevator out in the main room.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »

I ask where I am and what's going on. I raise my hands slowly. If they come too close and don't answer my questions then I zap their pistols causing the bullets inside to combust backwards and explode out of the back of the gun.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:10 pm »

Newton rubs his forehead for a moment, frustrated at his failure with the computer. He looks across the room at the elevator and ponders, conflicted. It is clearly a chokepoint, and could be quite risky to ride into anywhere inhabited. But the alternative is to remain here. Hmm, that metal statuette is nice, and it is heavy. Take the FSS Celestia with me. Approach and examine the elevator. press the button.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2015, 12:22:44 am »

((Yeah, be careful how far you let players go with names and powers. It's a slippery slope.))

Let the knife stay in the wound for now, it keeps most of the blood in. Carefully drag myself to the bed and tear few sheets paper. Open cabinets and look for bandages, pills, bottles, more strings. If strings are available or I didn't use my previous one, then build a tourniquet from strings and torn sheets and apply it on my leg before taking knife out. Also cry a bit for breaking laws of physics again.
Loot cabinets.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:47 am »

Check out the room that the man left from. Ready my new gun.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2015, 12:05:23 pm »

Tell the dog to keep watch while I look through the room. I'd rather not meet what this guy was afraid of.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 02:24:44 pm »

There still a spot open? Can I join this?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »

There's one spot. Hurry and make a character, we are still in the prologue more or less.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

There still a spot open? Can I join this?
Yes, as Ozark said, you can still join. One more spot left. I am going to do the next turn tomorrow everyone. But, if anyone joins beforehand I will start them up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:26:27 pm by HavingPhun »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35