Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark anywhere problem  (Read 1549 times)

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark anywhere problem
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:50:06 am »

Hello fellow Urists

I`m about to start my megaproject for wich i need a single very high mountain. I couldnt find one, so i decided to carve one for myself and later embark on it using "embark anywhere".

The idea was simple

xxxyo
    xxxyo
    xxxyo
    xxxyo

xxxy - desired map
yo - map i embarked first to cut it from main area
y - this is where i was "cutting" this mountain

When i finished with digging and abandoned the first site and decided to settle on the main area i used "embark anywhere", since 1x4 tiles belongs to first site. But the actual embark site was my first site + my main site together. And it looks like its impossible to sepparate them.

I hope i explained well enough.
If anyone expirienced a problem like this and know how to fix this, please tell!

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Embark anywhere problem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:50:17 am »

Where did you get a working Embark Anywhere?
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark anywhere problem
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »

Where did you get a working Embark Anywhere?
DFHack's embark-tools plugin works in 0.40.24 (on all platforms, in fact).

Hello fellow Urists

I`m about to start my megaproject for wich i need a single very high mountain. I couldnt find one, so i decided to carve one for myself and later embark on it using "embark anywhere".

The idea was simple

xxxyo
    xxxyo
    xxxyo
    xxxyo

xxxy - desired map
yo - map i embarked first to cut it from main area
y - this is where i was "cutting" this mountain

When i finished with digging and abandoned the first site and decided to settle on the main area i used "embark anywhere", since 1x4 tiles belongs to first site. But the actual embark site was my first site + my main site together. And it looks like its impossible to sepparate them.

I hope i explained well enough.
If anyone expirienced a problem like this and know how to fix this, please tell!

I ran into this in 0.34.11 while working on that plugin - it looks like DF won't let you split up player sites (and maybe generated sites as well). What happens if you try something like this?
Code: [Select]
    o
xxxyo
xxxyo
    o
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.