Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46931 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 wears on! - 0 replacements or more needed
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »

Ebwop: And I'm saying I dont need to defend myself. As I have said before.
Or not it's cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Game Starting Soon
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »

Did them by hand this time.

Votecount:
TheDarkStar - 4maskwolf
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee
Arcvasti
Dampe - Persus13
RedMageCole
The Moonlit Shadow - roo
DoctorMcTaalik
fillipk - TheDarkStar
roo - fillipk, kilakan, FallacyOfUrist, Arcvasit
kilakan
Persus13
4maskwolf

Not voting: The Moonlit Shadow, Teneb,  Dampe, DoctorMcTaalik, RedMageCole, Varee, Comrade Shamrock

The day ends in ~1 hour, 10:00 PM Monday Mountain Time, 11:00 PM forum time
1/2 extensions used

RedMageCole is up for replacement!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 wears on! - 0 replacements or more needed
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 10:09:38 pm »

You were saying?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 nears it's end! - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2015, 10:11:00 pm »

That I don't need to defend myself.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2015, 10:11:55 pm »

I'm a 1-shot seer.
Or not it's cool.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »

You, good sir, are eating vodka soaked sandwiches falling out from the mouth of a giant turtle catapulted from the back of a Warlord of Skyrim thingy.

You don't need to defend yourself? Why not, good sir?

No because it begged the question if an argument for why to vote someone makes sense now why not then? If you say because of time restraints it would almost be good enough to get away with and thisbis where motive comes into play. If you are town and convinced someone lynch does not bring any new information to the table do you just wait or lynch anyway? or are you scum wanting to lynch.

But Fallacy said I looked the scummiest to him which implies he has other people in mind but doesn't want to say doesnt want to present alternatives to my lynch.

So Fallacy when did I start looking scummy to you and for what specific reasons do you find my lynch will help the town?
I've already presented alternatives(The Moonlit Shadow and fillipk) but I don't think the lynch of a noob will grant the town a large amount of usable information from Day one. Regardless of alignment, a D1 noob lynch is pretty much a waste simply based on the fact that D1 noobs flail. It would be good if we lynched a scum noob, but it wouldn't provide any good information.

When did you start looking scummy to me? To start with, someone suspected you(I'm too lazy to go back and quote the first time someone attacked you). I placed my vote on you per reasoning, expecting a defense. "No, I don't need to defend myself." I keep pressuring, you keep saying "No, I don't need to defend myself." But what you're really saying each time you say "No, I don't need to defend myself" is "No, I am scum".

What reasons do I have that your lynch will help the town?
I'm a 1-shot seer.
Oh, now you claim usefulness at the end of the day just before the hammer comes down upon you? Another mark against you. Role claiming in self defense. Saying you're one shot to make it look slightly less scummy that you're claiming to defend yourself. Guess what, it didn't work and you just proved yourself wrong. You say you don't need to defend yourself, then you defend yourself when the reality sinks in.

Anyway, lynch help town why. Let's be simple here: you are acting scummy, and you have done so for a while. Acting scummy means you're more likely scum.

I think you're experienced enough to know that a scum lynch is good for town.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

I'm a 1-shot seer.
Oh, now you claim usefulness at the end of the day just before the hammer comes down upon you? Another mark against you. Role claiming in self defense. Saying you're one shot to make it look slightly less scummy that you're claiming to defend yourself. Guess what, it didn't work and you just proved yourself wrong. You say you don't need to defend yourself, then you defend yourself when the reality sinks in.

Anyway, lynch help town why. Let's be simple here: you are acting scummy, and you have done so for a while. Acting scummy means you're more likely scum.

I think you're experienced enough to know that a scum lynch is good for town.
How would town roo behave differently from this? Would town roo not claim?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:35 pm »

lmao you should always claim before hammer.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »

@fallacy from what I read you're convinced that I'm scum what defense would be adequate for you to think I'm town and remove your vote? I don't need to defend myself for the simple reason that any defense I provide would simply be poked at and twisted to show just how scum I am.
Or not it's cool.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2015, 10:29:11 pm »

You should always claim before hammer. How does that help town? How does it?

Would town roo not claim? Town roo very well might claim. However, in light of this thread's history, his claim just now looks very, very suspicious- the last resort of the lynchee.
~~~
@fallacy from what I read you're convinced that I'm scum what defense would be adequate for you to think I'm town and remove your vote? I don't need to defend myself for the simple reason that any defense I provide would simply be poked at and twisted to show just how scum I am.
The first actual defense you've given. You don't want to defend yourself because you think I would twist it around no matter what.

Convince me, good sir. Convince me that you're town. I wouldn't twist something that made sense to me.

Really, the main strike against you is that you aren't defending yourself.

Defend yourself(adequately) and I'll be quite happy to try to find another target.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2015, 10:31:43 pm »

So you're saying the available evidence is meh but fuck it I want blood because this guy wont do what I say? Cool.
Or not it's cool.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm sticking with my roo vote here. Roleclaim seems calculatedly convenient.

You, good sir, are eating vodka soaked sandwiches falling out from the mouth of a giant turtle catapulted from the back of a Warlord of Skyrim thingy.

What.

@Flabort: I don't seem to recall 4maskwolf voting TheDarkStar. I think they were just asking them a question or something

Not disagreeing here, but your claim seems calculated, as FallacyofUrist just pointed out. Immediately useful but not quite useful enough to be suspicious. If you're town, then I'll probably end up eating those words. But I believe your lynch to be the lynch most likely to yield a scum death.

FallacyofUrist is far from above suspicion. No one is above suspicion. Its entirely possible they ARE scum and are being highly tricksy. But I don't believe that they are at this point in the game. They voted to extend to save you last time you were about to be lynched. As for an adequate defense... Its kinda tricky to provide one in Mafia. But your roleclaiming and attempts at defense and attacking others at the last minute while being silent the rest of the time jive highly negatively with me. As far as I'm concerned, you're the best choice for a lynch.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2015, 10:34:04 pm »

Finally, more defense. (although technically it's attack).

Let's switch places. You are Roo, scum hunter extraordinary. This bloke, FallacyofUrist, persists, at the end of the day, saying "I am town, I don't need to defend myself", no matter how hard you pressure him. Would that not seem suspicious to you?

And I'm going to bed. I'll see the results in the morning(save another extension).
Generic Arms Race.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »

You should always claim before hammer. How does that help town? How does it?
Claiming a role before a lynch is something that we tend to ask people on the block to do. Whether or not the roleclaim is convenient is up to you. Roleclaiming before a lynch is standard though. Its more information, which is good, and generally scum don't bother roleclaiming beforehand. Sometimes a role is worth avoiding a lynch on. In later days this also gives us good night information that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Example:
Hiddenleafguy: As it looks like you might hang, now's the time to claim cop or jailer.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Game Starting Soon
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2015, 11:13:17 pm »

@Flabort: I don't seem to recall 4maskwolf voting TheDarkStar. I think they were just asking them a question or something
TheDarkStar, do you mind giving us your views on the game so far?  Particularly all of the interactions between the newer players.

Day 1 Ends!

Votecount:
TheDarkStar - 4maskwolf
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee
Arcvasti
Dampe - Persus13
RedMageCole
The Moonlit Shadow - roo
DoctorMcTaalik
fillipk - TheDarkStar
kilakan
Persus13
4maskwolf

Not voting: The Moonlit Shadow, Teneb,  Dampe, DoctorMcTaalik, RedMageCole, Varee, Comrade Shamrock

The sun is slowly setting when Roo is shoved out into the center of the square. "He was the one who killed my husband!" someone screamed. "I'm still alive you dingbat!" someone else yelled. However, the crowd was riled up for the kill, and someone produced a fancy noose. After a couple attempts, somebody managed to get it slung around a statue's upraised arm, and fit it around Roo's neck. He was biting and spitting at those who were hanging him, trying to stop them, but there were too many and he was hoisted up into the air. His last words were "You'll... regret that."

Once he had expired, he was lowered down and looted. Evidence that he was a hitman for the mafia was immediately found; a kosh, two tasers, a silver-coated katana, three tommy guns, and a purse full of protection money. Many were satisified as they went to their remaining homes or camps, knowing they'd snuffed a member of the mafia.

Roo is dead! He was a Mafia Goon.

Night 1 begins, and ends in 48 hours (Wednesday 10:00 PM Mountain time)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35