Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46603 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Note: Anyone with two powers (not counting any scum/wolves who had to choose between two powers) may use both during the night.

I looked on the wiki, and only one game is (known) to have been run with this setup before, and it happens that the RNG gave everyone one or less of a role in that example game, so there's no precedence for either way if the case is that a townie gets two powers.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing night end.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sun rises and closes Night 1, bringing Day 2 with it.

Two less people gathered together in the morning. A summary investigation found bits and pieces of Persus13 scattered about an alleyway, where he was savagely attacked by a werewolf. Shortly thereafter, Kilakan was found in his home, strangled to death.
Kilakan and Persus13 are dead. They were both Vanilla Townies.

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee
Arcvasti
Dampe
RedmageCole (Up for replacement)
The Moonlit Shadow
Fillipk
4maskwolf

Not Voting:
TheDarkStar, FallacyofUrist, Teneb, Comrade Shamrock, Varee, Arcvasti, Dampe, RedmageCole (Up for replacement), The Moonlit Shadow, Fillipk, 4maskwolf

Day ends in 72 in game hours (120 hours), Monday 10:00 PM Mountain Time.
The Cyan Menace

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:49 am »

Varee;
Are you going somewhere with your posts today? You went nowhere yesterday.

Dampe:
You show up near enough to the end of the day and give a silly post, Persus votes you and now he's dead. What do you say to that?

Teneb:
Your current feelings on the game?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:51 am »

Dangit, that's a one-shot seer wasted. (I used it on Kilakan last night.)

Dampe:
You show up near enough to the end of the day and give a silly post, Persus votes you and now he's dead. What do you say to that?
He might not be here for a while(I think he's the game master for a game called The Last Cheeseburger). A prod may or not be necessary, but we'll see.
~~~
On the plus side... some other role information I've acquired makes it incredibly unlikely a certain person is a foe to the town. I'll unveil that if necessary, but for the moment it doesn't seem necessary.
~~~
So as it turns out roo was a Mafia Goon. I think the remaining mafia member, whoever it may be, is going to play more defensively.
~~~
Everybody: Overall, what do you think of the night?

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2015, 09:46:30 am »

As per information in the OP, each scum team starts with 2 people. So at the game's beginning, we had to deal with 2 Werewolves and 2 Mafia. We've lynched a Mafia Goon, so we've got 2 Werewolves and a Mafioso to deal with now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2015, 10:03:34 am »

Fallacy:
Could you please point out where in the OP that is? I've looked it over and I must be blind. I looked at the wiki and it seems both teams could have up to 3 players, depending on how things were rolled, there might be a traitor (mafia ally) and a defector (werewolf ally) as well.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:44 am »

Confirmation
Each team may have between two and three members, with the possibility of an ally for one team.
The Cyan Menace

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2015, 11:04:53 am »

Well the way I see it unless someone found some information at night or has an idea who is scum it's scum hunting time.

4MaskWolf who do you find suspicious and why?

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2015, 12:19:59 pm »

Notquitethere is replacing Redmagecole
The Cyan Menace

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2015, 01:58:28 pm »

Alright, roo was actually Mafia. This is welcome, but not unexpected. Therefore, those who were defending them are potential suspects. Or possibly those who jumped on the bandwagon last once it was clear roo was going to die. This gives us zero leads as far as the other scum faction goes, but perhaps that's for the best. Wiping out one scum faction basically doubles how much time we have to find the other one since we only have to worry about one nightkill.

I'm also going to point out that Persus13, one of roo's defenders, was the target of the Werewolf nightkill. This implies that, following the reasoning above, the Werewolves are gunning for Mafia instead of Town like their Mafia rivals are. FallacyofUrist, as the sole surviving scum-hunter from the first day, is therefore a suspected Werewolf. I fully expected them and Kilakan to be the first nightkills because of the intensity and usefulness of their scumhunting. But Persus13 gets killed instead, either because they're prioritising Mafia deaths over Town deaths or because FallacyofUrist is one of them. Or maybe both. Mind you, I'm not outright accusing FallacyofUrist right now, but I believe they're currently one of the better suspects, at least until we finish fully analyzing roo's lynch and the events leading up to it for potential other Mafia either bussing or defending him.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:46 pm »

Teneb:
Your current feelings on the game?
We hit mafia, which is nice. But we lost two town, and we'll keep losing two town (yes, it's possible for both scum teams to hit each other, but it is unlikely) each night unless we take down the last mafioso, assuming its two. Lynching a wolf is nice, but then we'll still possibly lose two more town players. And I'd rather not rely on luck.

Arcvasti: Roo is dead, you don't need to keep putting their name in red, it'll just confuse people. That aside, if you think FoU is a possible Wolf, why not, you know, ask him questions already, or even gather evidence from D1, instead of waiting?

FoU:
Why claim this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2015, 04:48:16 pm »

Okay. Let's get on with the scum hunting. To start with, I'm going to ask the readers to remember what happened yesterday involving fillipk and the Moonlit Shadow. Two noobs, who attracted quite a bit of attention. I think that we should analyze those near-bandwagons(or just plain bandwagons, depending on your definition) to see who just jumped on without rationalizing it.
~~~
Something in my gut suspects Varee, but I'm going to ignore that for now as a result of lack of evidence.
~~~
Well why are you guys taking RVs so seriously. Many people (including me) barely even posted much and it not lynch Roo or lynch TMS.

@Doctor. So about your theory on me being scum, do you still believe that after the day's discussion? Also why didn't you put a second vote on someone during RVS and believe in your randomiser?

Varee

PS am just pointing out there is other option.
On second thought... talk about incredible scumtells. 

Varee, really? I think that you need to be more active. I'm going to start the day attacking you- here's my initial reasoning:
1. Voting yourself. May or may not have been a joke or something, or meant harmlessly, but town players do not vote themselves. Ever. Or at least they shouldn't.
2. I don't think you did much(or any) scum hunting yesterday...
3. Passive play style much, not sending out questions?

Okay, let's hear it. How do you respond?
~~~

Why claim this?
... honestly, I shouldn't have. I thought it might help the town at the time of posting. Maybe. Hm.
I didn't really have a reason.

Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »

... hm. It's worth noting that some scum have tried to make themselves look less scummy by voting themselves. This may or may not be the case now. So yeah, reason one isn't the best, but I'm using it as the beginning of my thread to pull.
Generic Arms Race.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:53 pm »

Varee
Well why are you guys taking RVs so seriously. Many people (including me) barely even posted much and it not lynch Roo or lynch TMS.

@Doctor. So about your theory on me being scum, do you still believe that after the day's discussion? Also why didn't you put a second vote on someone during RVS and believe in your randomiser?

Varee

PS am just pointing out there is other option.
What was your intention with this post?

Dampe
I vote for not Dampe.
I want to live, dammit. ;_;
I'm not a mafioso. This, I promise on my gentleman's honor.
Why didn't you use your vote?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35