Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46552 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2015, 02:50:51 pm »

Greetings everyone, to answer Persus13 I've played bay12 mafia before but that was way back in the year of '12-'13.  Otherwise I have played some other forums mafia games, town of Salem (which is mafia lite in my opinion, like a non-alcoholic beer almost) for other things. 

persus13-Since your face I do not know as well, I would like to pose your own question back to you.  What has your experiences with mafia been?  How long have you played?

Fillipk-Why shouldn't we greet each other, as your question implied that there may be alternatives to the greeting?
To answer that question for myself, I've been playing mafia in Bay12 for maybe two years now. I'm known for not being extremely active and getting night killed a lot.

Persus posted almost first right out the gate with a question and answrred it himself then kilakan posts asking him yo answer his own question. Feelsbadman.

@kil Would it be a fair assumption yo say that you're not paying attention or interested in rvs?

@Everyone Reasons why someone is not paying attention or interested in rvs?

Persus13, I have never played mafia before, so there's my experience.

Everyone, Hello!

@moonlitshadow are you town?
Or not it's cool.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:59 pm »

You don't actually need to vote in the RVS, just send out semi-random attacks.

There's something about that scary red text. It really encourages discussion, ya know?

Well, I would bet that some players are asleep or otherwise busy right now. As for not being interested in RVS, I would guess that some of us newbies don't realize its benefits.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2015, 04:07:33 pm »

I vote ROO! Cuz... I dunno!
The Moonlit Shadow, why do you vote Roo without a single reason?

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2015, 05:22:14 pm »

He asked you if you were town. And you significantly overreacted. (For your information, only asking for role(not alignment) information is frowned upon.)

The Moonlit Shadow, I think you're overreacting to Roo a tad bit much.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »

Persus13 on past Mafia experiences: None on Bay12. I've played Homestuck Mafia[Which has some very strange roles] once or twice, some Town of Salem and a couple games of Werewolf and I've done some reading on a couple Bay12 games of it. The latter seems to consist mostly of people talking in red-text and getting angry at other people, sometimes even in that order.

FallacyofUrist on mass roleclaiming: I'd probably be somewhat skeptical of them. I think[See above, soggy grasp of Mafia theory] that the main reasons for roleclaiming are twofold: As a way of lending veracity to your assertions of guilt or innocence for yourself of others or to encourage town co-operation by making information public so as to have more tools with which to take down the scum. The former would make me somewhat suspicious without semi-concrete verification and it seems like it'd draw scum attention fairly quickly, dangerous if they have a nightkill[Are there scum without nightkill?] and your side lacks a docter/warden/whatever. If I WERE scum, I'm not sure I'd immediately go for the roleclaimed person since it might be better to foster suspicion by leaving them untouched if their role isn't terribly problematic.

Roo: Why do you believe asking someone's alignment is a useful question? Note that I'm not saying that it isn't, my grasp of Mafia theory isn't terribly robust, but why do YOU think it is?

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2015, 07:05:57 pm »

@kil Would it be a fair assumption yo say that you're not paying attention or interested in rvs?
I am paying attention, I also just happen to play csgo.  Today I have been in a tournament.  I also work because I am 22 years of age, so some days I might only squirt one or two posts out.  Now that we have that out of the way.

Roo-You make an assumption about someone who was among the first to respond, and then ask a general question in an attempt to say 'see this dude I made an assumption about is probably bad'.  A good way to garner interest from someone instead would be to say Roo you are positively dripping with that which grows in stagnant water.

Also, before someone calls me out on it, yes, I randomized that list twice. Fillipk popped up first the first time, and I don't see the point of doubling up on randvotes.

For some reason I dislike this immensely. Feels like a bit of a cop out. Why did you feel the need to roll on who to vote.
  How else would you pick someone out of a crowd who you have no previous experience with?  By grading them on how much you like their name?  Rolling makes decent sense at this stage of the game.

[redacted, i misread the vote screen.]

Why ya guys voting for me anyway?

You are scum it is know, khalesesi. Also how many games of magia have you played I feel like you said iirc one and then said something silly like I'm not a newb and then did something sillier like ask why people are voting you.
Your grammar and attempt at a meme are both atrocious.  Not to mention your spelling, in a game where you can't edit posts after you say them, at least proof read them first.  Also don't use feelings for what people said, quote them.  That is unless of course you are attempting to twist their image into... how did you say it oh right I quoted it; Silly?  What if he is silly, how does that make him scum?  Being scum doesn't immediately lower your IQ or anything so silly really isn't an indicator in this case.

He asked you if you were town. And you significantly overreacted. (For your information, only asking for role(not alignment) information is frowned upon.)

The Moonlit Shadow, I think you're overreacting to Roo a tad bit much.
  In the RVS, how is anything an overreaction?  I mean, he didn't roll for his vote he just voted on someone who was pressuring him.  It's not really an overreaction, so FallacyofUrist are you attempting to defend your scum partner Roo?  Pressuring someone to not 'overreact' and vote someone seems a pretty scummy act in itself there my friend, though of course I'd like to know your take on it.

... calm down, yes-no? You don't actually need to vote in the RVS, just send out semi-random attacks.

fillipk, why ya overreacting?

[redacted, i misread the vote screen.]

Why ya guys voting for me anyway?

Well I guess it is just random voting personally I don't like it because there is more of a chance to get town then mafia
The reason a D1 lynch is better than no lynch is because it provides more information to use D2 than a no lynch. A No Lynch is sort of a wasted day that brings us closer to a loss.
  Hum there's the overreacting word again, and even though you tell him to 'calm down' you later on praise the qualities of a day 1 lynch.  Mighty touchy doublestep there.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »

Hello Everyone, there's a lot of faces I don't know here. What's your experience with Mafia prior to this game, and do you have any experience with Bay12 mafia?
One BM, and the first day of another mafia game that is currently still running here.

Everyone: What would you do if 3 people suddenly claimed their roles day one?
I'd not do anything really unless two people claimed the same roles.  It would be unusual of course but there's no previous information to go on to say whether they are in fact their claimed roles or not.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2015, 08:49:29 pm »

In the RVS, how is anything an overreaction?  I mean, he didn't roll for his vote he just voted on someone who was pressuring him.  It's not really an overreaction, so FallacyofUrist are you attempting to defend your scum partner Roo?  Pressuring someone to not 'overreact' and vote someone seems a pretty scummy act in itself there my friend, though of course I'd like to know your take on it.
As in the Moonlit Shadow immediately voted Roo when he received a question as to alignment. That seems like overreaction to me.
Generic Arms Race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2015, 09:09:42 pm »

I'd be somewhat skeptical. With the exception certain setups like bastard mods, mass claims on D1 are bad for town.

Also, before someone calls me out on it, yes, I randomized that list twice. Fillipk popped up first the first time, and I don't see the point of doubling up on randvotes.

For some reason I dislike this immensely. Feels like a bit of a cop out. Why did you feel the need to roll on who to vote.
yeah I can vote Roo without a randomized any day

In case you were wondering why it's mostly because you voted against me
So you are voting someone for no reason other than they voted you? This is OMGUS (Oh My God/Goodness/Gosh yoU Scum), or voting someone on nothing but the fact that they voted you first. The term used to be applied rather liberally here in B12 until not too long ago, but this is literally the definition of OMGUS.

Some players just really dislike RVS. Usually they tend to state that outright, though.

I vote ROO! Cuz... I dunno!
The Moonlit Shadow, why do you vote Roo without a single reason?
He asked me what I was. :(
Why are you concerned about who you are? If you are town, then you know that and thus feel no need to hide. If you are scum, you obviously have a reason to hide who you are, and so feel nervous when pressured about it.

FoU: Do you think you can tell apart newbie flailing from scum flailing? If so, how? If not, why did you vote for someone who is very much new despite that?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:51 pm »

I'm probably not that skilled yet, but the real question is what will he do under pressure- what happens as a result of my vote. I'll probably take the vote off later.

Teneb, what scum hunting strategy will you use today, and in the long term?
Generic Arms Race.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:49 pm »

They're like me and they don't like RVS.

Hello Everyone, there's a lot of faces I don't know here. What's your experience with Mafia prior to this game, and do you have any experience with Bay12 mafia?
One BM, and the first day of another mafia game that is currently still running here.

Wait and see if their roleclaims are backed up in later days.

Persus13, I have never played mafia before, so there's my experience.

Everyone, Hello!

Hi!

I've been playing Bay12 mafia for a bit over a year and a half.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2015, 09:55:34 pm »

Oh how I miss mafia and the number of stuff that van happen overnight.

Well let get started.
@Persus:I believe we played a few game together before, I haven't played mafia in a while though.
@kil: Persus answered his question in his post, did you miss that?
@Doctor:Hmm it semm that I spot you roll that random list twice, did it pick you or our scum buddy the first time?

Thequestions will come later when I got time. Byes for now:P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2015, 10:18:23 pm »

Oh how I miss mafia and the number of stuff that van happen overnight.

Well let get started.
@Persus:I believe we played a few game together before, I haven't played mafia in a while though.
@kil: Persus answered his question in his post, did you miss that?
@Doctor:Hmm it semm that I spot you roll that random list twice, did it pick you or our scum buddy the first time?

Thequestions will come later when I got time. Byes for now:P

As I stated in a prior post, I rolled fillipk the first time. It didn't make strategic sense to double up on him, so I randomized the list again.

I'm going to sleep now, so I'll see you all tomorrow.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Game Starting Soon
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2015, 11:15:53 pm »

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee - DoctorMcTaalik
Arcvasti
Dampe
RedMageCole
The Moonlit Shadow - FallacyofUrist
DoctorMcTaalik
fillipk - roo
roo -  fillipk, kilakan, The Moonlit Shadow
kilakan
Persus13
4maskwolf

Not voting: TheDarkStar, Teneb, Comrade Shamrock, Varee, Arcvasti, Dampe, RedMageCole, Persus13, 4maskwolf

The day ends in ~24 hours, Thursday 10:00 PM Mountain Time, 11:00 PM forum time
0/2 extends used
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2015, 12:05:39 am »

I've been here for about a year and two thirds, and am known for ridiculous bullshit.

4maskwolf: If someone starts behaving like NQT in the last BYOR and votes you, what are you going to do?
I don't answer questions involving active games.

Same as above, this is drawn directly from a currently active game.

Don't get me started on my irritation with RVS.  Suffice it to say that there are MANY reasons someone wouldn't pay as much attention as others might think they should.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35