Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46075 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2015, 06:47:36 am »

Oh how I miss mafia and the number of stuff that van happen overnight.

Well let get started.
@Persus:I believe we played a few game together before, I haven't played mafia in a while though.
@kil: Persus answered his question in his post, did you miss that?
@Doctor:Hmm it semm that I spot you roll that random list twice, did it pick you or our scum buddy the first time?

Thequestions will come later when I got time. Byes for now:P
Yes, I did miss his answer.  I have now re-read everything twice to make sure I didn't miss anything else.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2015, 07:07:36 am »

So after going back through everything, I noticed we have a few absentee's

People who have spoken in some way or another:
fillipk
roo
Themoonlit Shadown
Persus-Only one post, no other responses so far.
FAllacyofUrist
DoctorMcTaalik
Arcvasti
Teneb
TheDarkStar
Varee
4MaskWolf

Current Lurkers:

Comrade Shamrock
RedMageCole
Dampe

Calling all lurkers, please be present before the end of the day.  Sneaking about in the dark is bad for your health.  (Please note, none of these people have been  online since August 18 or earlier, therefore actual lurking capabilities may not be indicative of anything other than not being aware the game started.)

Roo-Just a reminder here, I'd like some sort of defense from you.  I also have an additional question to pose, a number of previous times you have used 'memes' in your general speech.  Do you think they aid your image in anyway, and a general explanation as to your thinking when including terms like 'khalessi' and 'feelsbadman' in your speech?
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2015, 08:37:34 am »

I'd like to mention to you Moonlit Shadow that you can rescind votes by writing someones name in red with a line through it.  However going off of Roo's actions after your vote, the case I laid against him previously and the defensive that FoU went on for Roo makes it all seem suspect.

Now I'm not saying defending people is scummy or anything, but defending someone this early is a tad strange.  Roo can always speak for himself and make his own case in defense. 

FallacyofUrist-I'd like to see you pressuring the person you are voting against a bit more, sure The Moonlight Shadow does seem to be doing a bit of flailing via circular logic, but perhapes you could comment some more on your vote against him?  What do you think of his current stance?  Are you content to keep the vote on, and if so do you not think that it undermines the idea of keeping pressure on by saying
I'm probably not that skilled yet, but the real question is what will he do under pressure- what happens as a result of my vote. I'll probably take the vote off later.

Teneb, what scum hunting strategy will you use today, and in the long term?
"I'll probably take the vote off later."

The Moonlit Shadow-You've still kinda pranced around the idea of claiming to be town as far as I can tell.  Maybe I missed it again but that is the issue with reading and posting off a cellphone.  Are you town?  Are you flavored town?  Or is there some scum there, because the circular reasoning is a bit strange even for noobie flailing.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2015, 09:48:33 am »

Kilakan, I never said anything. You don't know... (or maybe ur mafia, and you do know)...
Perhaps you should check out a few guides to mafia.

I might've just taken off the vote now, but The Moonlit Shadow is bursting around like a rope of firecrackers on a chimpanzee.

The Moonlit Shadow, I'm inclined to believe you're just a noob for mafia rather than scum, but could you stop being so volatile and start a bit of analysis for your vote(or unvote)?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2015, 11:13:45 am »

Kilakan, I never said anything. You don't know... (or maybe ur mafia, and you do know)...
See this implies that if I were mafia, I'd be privy to more things that you have said.... which would mean you are mafia.

However:
Perhaps you should check out a few guides to mafia.

I might've just taken off the vote now, but The Moonlit Shadow is bursting around like a rope of firecrackers on a chimpanzee.

The Moonlit Shadow, I'm inclined to believe you're just a noob for mafia rather than scum, but could you stop being so volatile and start a bit of analysis for your vote(or unvote)?
I do agree with FallacyofUrist's analysis here.

Though that doesn't excuse the continued question dodging.  No one's told you that it's a bad thing to claim to be town, yet every time someone asks you that you duck the question.  You either are or are not town.

Also, FallacyofUrist apologies on the previous talk about overreacting, this is definitely overreacting now from him. hah.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2015, 12:36:29 pm »

The way I had gathered what you said, is that you were implying that people would have heard you say more things if they were mafia.

Secondly, Roo posted 5-6 times in the first 24 hour period. If he's not active today there's still 8 hours left to the day for him to follow up and maybe change our votes.

((Don't be offended by anything, FoU attacking you is kinda the point of the game really.  It's hard to win at mafia through passiveness, you need some strategy to get people talking so that you can make reasonable conclusions about them.  Also, don't apologize for offending people, don't take what anyone in this game says or does as personally offensive.  It's a game about lynching people, if you get too serious about it than it will no longer be a game anymore.  Honestly I wish that beginners mafia still ran a little more frequently for new people but... this seems to have been the only new game in the last few weeks.  Anything in this bracket is too be taken as advice towards The Moonlit Shadow, if you want to persecute me for attempting to assist people than feel free.  But keep in mind that it's written without any consideration to the game or my personal stance on it.))
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2015, 12:38:45 pm »

Something else just occurred to me as well, there's two opposing scum teams.  For all things considered both Moonlit Shadow and Roo could be on opposite but equally vile teams.  Just making a note of this here encase any other townies forgot that.
Nom nom nom

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »

unvote

taking off my rvs vote be back in a bit. currently considering between moonlit and doctor.
Or not it's cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Game Starting Soon
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2015, 01:20:22 pm »

"He has claws, I saw them", claimed one member of the small crowd. Nobody noticed who spoke up, though, or where they were pointed as everyone else was shouting and pointing too. The sun had traveled to an eastern heading, and the heat of the day was getting to them, forcing some to sit down and cool themselves with water from the smashed up fountains. This only provoked more debate, however...

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee - DoctorMcTaalik,
Arcvasti
Dampe
RedMageCole
The Moonlit Shadow - FallacyofUrist
DoctorMcTaalik
fillipk
roo - fillipk, The Moonlit Shadow, kilakan
kilakan
Persus13
4maskwolf

Not voting:TheDarkStar, Teneb, Comrade Shamrock, Varee, Arcvasti, Dampe, RedMageCole, roo, Persus13, 4maskwolf

The day ends in ~10 hours, 10:00 PM Thursday Mountain Time, 11:00 PM forum time
0/2 extensions used

A friendly reminder: To extend the day, all you have to do is put the word Extend in bold where I can see it, and once three votes appear, you'll have more time in the day to discuss.

If the absentees have not appeared by Monday, I will begin looking for replacements.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2015, 02:31:05 pm »

There are two scum teams- mafia, and werewolves. For all I know you're a mafia goon who attacked roo because you thought he was an opposing werewolf. Or the other way around. This, you see, is why this sort of game is not entirely recommended for new players.

Everyone: Can I get some more activity, sil vous plait?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2015, 02:34:30 pm »

Well hell I'm falling into the same trap as a lot of the other veterans, aren't I?

I'm not sure what to say about the current events, but I'll try to think up some questions later today.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:27 pm »

Roo what side are you on anyway?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »

Wait, there's two opposing scum teams?
*FACEPALM*
FATALITY
The Moonlit Shadow loses.

Quote: 'The way I had gathered what you said, is that you were implying that people would have heard you say more things if they were mafia.'
(from kilakan)

But that would require me being mafia...
Yes, that was what I meant.  That you implicated yourself of being mafia through poor choice of words.

There are two scum teams- mafia, and werewolves. For all I know you're a mafia goon who attacked roo because you thought he was an opposing werewolf. Or the other way around. This, you see, is why this sort of game is not entirely recommended for new players.

And that is why I am voting roo while still pulling up the reasons why I also think Moonlit shadow is scummy.  Because there's totally opposing scum teams.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:25 pm »

Also unless roo actually does follow up on his post  promise from 3 hours ago I see no reason to extend or change my vote.  The meme'user can hang.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2015, 03:13:52 pm »

Well it likely won't be you.  However I have that creepy spine tingling feeling that I might be the first night kill at this point, so uhm... any doctors around?  Heh... heh... heh...   Though to be fair I feel this day 1 went a lot better than previous RVS day 1's in that I am confident in my vote.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35