Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46074 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

Gut is never good enough in mafia! We use the 3 Paragons: "Knowledge!", "Logic/Reason", and "Role Evidence"!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2015, 05:53:22 pm »

Gut is never good enough in mafia! We use the 3 Paragons: "Knowledge!", "Logic/Reason", and "Role Evidence"!
Knowledge: none because this is my first bay12 game and its day 1
Logic/Reason: Gut feeling
Role/evidence: Town ftw
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:08 pm »

... do I need to fetch NQT and have him give you a lecture on D1 no lynches?

If you or them could clarify your reasoning on the matter, that would probably be helpful[See: Soggy grasp of mafia theory]. I'm not opposed to lynching someone on D1, but I feel lynching roo or Moonlit Shadow wouldn't be terribly helpful, at least not with the amount of information we have.

Personally, I find aggression to be a town-tell. Scum are more concerned with playing it safe and not getting killed, because of their small numbers. Townies are willing to go into aggressive and risky attacks that may invite votes for the hope of finding scum.

Yeah, I can understand that logic. Doesn't rule out being a scum and taking refuge in audacity, but that way lies madness.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2015, 06:05:05 pm »

If you'll examine the last Beginner's Mafia thread, in the OP you'll notice a spoiler containing a rant written by Bookthras on why D1 no-lynches are a bad thing for town.

Can I get one more person to extend so we have more time to discuss Logic and Reason?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2015, 06:11:10 pm »

Can I get one more person to extend so we have more time to discuss Logic and Reason?

Sure. Extend. This way, I'll also have a chance to read through the last few pages.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »

The day has been Extended!
I've also made the desicion to make days 72 hours instead of 24, because I'm realizing how much short days are a hassle to players who can't post daily.

So, day ends in 52 in-game hours, 100 IRL hours, on Monday 10:00 PM Mountain time.
1/2 extensions used.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow:

No extend! Too lazy to go back and read the op for how to properly diem vote it, sorry flaport.

The day was extended as of my post. You can vote for a shorten, but this extension is already in effect. Also, I'm voting for you because you seem really fixated on getting roo lynched. Also, I'm not quite sure why you want him to get lynched. Can you summarize your case on him?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

Because it's incredibly late and I am incredibly tired, Extend and yes, I am being very aggressive.  It's a tactic, if you noticed I said a lot of my recent experience is in town of salem, you are either aggressive or you miss your chance at a day.

As for my reason for voting roo, I made a very large post with quotes from him explaining why I am voting him.  He didn't address anything I said, therefore I am still voting him.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2015, 07:21:44 pm »

So now it's a tug of war. Is anyone else here suspicious to you?(we don't want a 2-dimensional thread, do we?)
Generic Arms Race.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »

Yes, Moonlit shadow is highly suspicious as per previous reasons I have said to him.  However I am also content to let day 1 pass with a no lynch waiting for roo to decide to actually respond or not.  Otherwise, the people who haven't posted at all are of course suspect for lurking.
Nom nom nom

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:12 pm »

Moonlight Shadow

You guys convinced me and I can always get Roo later if he's scum
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2015, 07:39:57 pm »

... we convinced you? Seriously?

2-D. The Moonlit Shadow, and Roo. Both are the only real suspects here. We need more conversation starters! At this point I'm considering pulling an NQT to get the thread going...(D1 claim that may or may not be true).

Everyone: does it seem even a little bit like a bandwagon on the Moonlit Shadow? Sure, he seems scummy, but if we analyze who voted him and for what reasons, we may find a player that is more likely scum(though he's the best target for now).

Generic Arms Race.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »

It certainly feels like a bandwagon on Moonlit, since one of the major persecutors of him (me) isn't even voting him, and the other (FoU) expressed it as a pressure vote.  Otherwise people have kinda just gone 'well okay' and voted him.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2015, 08:10:05 pm »

Honestly, I would take off my vote if he would just come and give a little reasoning instead of "he's scum! I'm not!"
Generic Arms Race.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2015, 08:37:38 pm »

That's more or less the reason for my vote still on roo as well so... yeaaaaah
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35