Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46048 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2015, 08:42:48 pm »

Thus, the waiting game. In which we wait for him to return.

Thankfully, we have, literally, days of time to wait(if we have to).
Hm. fillipk, any reasons you have of your own for jumping on the bandwagon?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2015, 09:09:24 pm »

It certainly feels like a bandwagon on Moonlit, since one of the major persecutors of him (me) isn't even voting him, and the other (FoU) expressed it as a pressure vote.  Otherwise people have kinda just gone 'well okay' and voted him.

Given two scumteams, a bandwagon is pretty much unavoidable every day for the first few days.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2015, 09:10:42 pm »

righttt... this is going to add so many layers of thought. So much confusion.

The Moonlit Shadow and fillipk, please respond.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »

It certainly feels like a bandwagon on Moonlit, since one of the major persecutors of him (me) isn't even voting him, and the other (FoU) expressed it as a pressure vote.  Otherwise people have kinda just gone 'well okay' and voted him.

Given two scumteams, a bandwagon is pretty much unavoidable every day for the first few days.
Than in your opinion is the bandwagon indicative of who could be scum?  Do you think those who jumped on the wagon are more likely to be scum, or less likely?  What is your favorite icecream, vanilla, chocolate or furred?
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »

righttt... this is going to add so many layers of thought. So much confusion.

The Moonlit Shadow and fillipk, please respond.
As long as no one kills me the first night i am very intrigued to see how the two scum teams and the town end up working this out.  However I still think night one kills will probably be me and you.  Based solely on the fact that there is a minimal amount of scum hunting happening from the others.
Nom nom nom

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »

first off give me more then a half an hour to respond I'm not always on.

Second I am jumping on the bandwagon because the moonlit shadow is the other suspicious person and an easier one to lynch, later we can always go back and get Roo when we have more information.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2015, 10:33:37 pm »

first off give me more then a half an hour to respond I'm not always on.

Second I am jumping on the bandwagon because the moonlit shadow is the other suspicious person and an easier one to lynch, later we can always go back and get Roo when we have more information.

Yeah, if I had to vote now, based on the information I currently possess, I'd lynch The Moonlit Shadow. Roo is kinda suspicious too, but not as overtly or immediately suspicious. Not sure whether ["They" being The Moonlit Shadow, not Roo]their suspiciousness is from being new to Mafia or being a scum. My personal theory is that its both, but I've got little besides gut instinct and dubious "evidence" to support it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2015, 11:39:22 pm »

Well why are you guys taking RVs so seriously. Many people (including me) barely even posted much and it not lynch Roo or lynch TMS.

@Doctor. So about your theory on me being scum, do you still believe that after the day's discussion? Also why didn't you put a second vote on someone during RVS and believe in your randomiser?

Varee

PS am just pointing out there is other option.

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2015, 08:57:23 am »

First of all, holy cow this has started!

Second of all, what the hell is going on here?! Just because he's not responding doesn't mean you can't question the others on something, anything.

filipk:
What kind of of reasoning is this?
What kind of reason is that?

Sigh this is why I don't always play mafia games because of the day one lynch or no lynch, anyway I've been right more times then wrong so I'm not second guessing myself, if you can find a way to save yourself go ahead but my gut is telling me Roo is scum.
What makes you think Roo was scum in the first place? First apparently it was just a OMGUS (self-admitted) vote and then it stuck. If you thought he was bad there should have been something to make you think that way. This is as vague as you can get.

Persus:
Hello Everyone, there's a lot of faces I don't know here. What's your experience with Mafia prior to this game, and do you have any experience with Bay12 mafia?
6 games on bay12. 4 scum games, 2 town. Plus whatever I have now.

What are your feelings on the situation?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2015, 09:25:43 am »

... you have got to be kidding me. That isn't a reason, that's "KILL HIM NOW!" logic. What is even... I don't even...
Seriously? Even a noob could know not to say that! You voted him partially because he's easier to lynch? You do realize scum focus on easy lynches. I'm going to unvote The Moonlit Shadow(for the moment) and apply a nice shiny pressure vote fillipk. Honestly, the reasons people use these days!

The bandwagon on the Moonlit Shadow has served its main purpose now: Scum Bait. And, good sirs, fillipk walked right into it.
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2015, 10:09:01 am »

Looking back now I realized I messed up but that's the same reason why I'm town, as someone pointed out scum tend to stay quiet and avoid drawing attention to themselves for the exact reason of me, they get noticed and could be lynched which is dangerous to them since there are like 2 on each team.

The reason I jumped on the bandwagon was so we had a day 1 lynch and moved on, we have no info besides what people post anyway is just as good as say picking someone who hasn't posted at all, Roo and the Moonlit Shadow got jumped on by me, because Roo voted me, probably randomly so I admit I overreacted, voting Moonlit Shadow was me trying to end the day so we could get more information, I'm not 100% new to mafia which is why I hate the first day and want to lynch someone and get over it.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2015, 10:19:28 am »

I hate the first day and want to lynch someone and get over it.
I'm going to let anyone who wants to read that be the judge of how scummy(absurd) that is. Have you heard of the concept of a "Hammer" in mafia, fillipk?
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2015, 10:33:32 am »

to be honest no I've seen it mentioned but not really honestly you can go ahead and lynch me I'll enjoy watching this to see how my side, the town, can pull it off.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2015, 10:35:27 am »

... in my last finished game I learned a bit about the "trying too hard to appear town" tell. You've already claimed town(effectively), fillipk, why do you emphasize it?
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:36 am »

last ditch effort to save my life?  I've seen this situation before where its really hard to appear innocent my only defense is that I'm acting like a stereotypical town in my first bay 12 mafia game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35