Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46076 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2015, 10:40:31 am »

... that's a last ditch effort to save your life? Well, good sir, I can tell you from experience that repeatedly claiming town doesn't work. In fact, that's how I pulled off being voted for by all but 2 of the players in the game, one of which being me and the other being NQT.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2015, 10:42:27 am »

So what else am I to do we have no info so no one can back me up, all I can say is that I honestly think Roo and the Moonlit Shadow are scum nothing I have posted has been a lie
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2015, 10:44:28 am »

I suppose that will be tested upon the lynch.

we have no info
Lie! There is always info! Examine the several pages of text before this post and see if anything feels off about the players' posts!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2015, 11:11:37 am »

aggressive because the town can take casualties, I know someone said this before but anyone who hasn't posted is avoiding drawing attention to themselves so they are more likely to be scum then me, I unvote because most likely, like me they are just a newb, we probably have better chances going after a quiet person because no one's posts made me feel off.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2015, 11:45:26 am »

Looking back now I realized I messed up but that's the same reason why I'm town, as someone pointed out scum tend to stay quiet and avoid drawing attention to themselves for the exact reason of me, they get noticed and could be lynched which is dangerous to them since there are like 2 on each team.

The reason I jumped on the bandwagon was so we had a day 1 lynch and moved on, we have no info besides what people post anyway is just as good as say picking someone who hasn't posted at all, Roo and the Moonlit Shadow got jumped on by me, because Roo voted me, probably randomly so I admit I overreacted, voting Moonlit Shadow was me trying to end the day so we could get more information, I'm not 100% new to mafia which is why I hate the first day and want to lynch someone and get over it.

last ditch effort to save my life?  I've seen this situation before where its really hard to appear innocent my only defense is that I'm acting like a stereotypical town in my first bay 12 mafia game.
I'd like to say that town don't attempt to save their own lives, instead you should be attempting to hunt down the true scum.  That is if you are town anyhow, scum only attempt to save their own lives instead of proactive scum hunting since well... there's no scum to hunt. 

aggressive because the town can take casualties, I know someone said this before but anyone who hasn't posted is avoiding drawing attention to themselves so they are more likely to be scum then me, I unvote because most likely, like me they are just a newb, we probably have better chances going after a quiet person because no one's posts made me feel off.
  Than why previously did you agree with the lynch of moonlit shadow if no one's posts made you feel off?

Also, I still think roo is scum, especially since now he's clammed up after some pressure was thrown on him.  No attempts to scum hunt, rebuke any of the claims against him or otherwise.  People might of complained that some of the roo votes were just RVS initially but after my case against him I got no response, he stopped scum hunting, and is now very quite. 

However dear god do I wish I could vote multiple times, and fair warning if it comes down to a tie fillipk you are dripping with scum at this point.  All that could make your case better in my eyes is some active hunting.
Nom nom nom

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2015, 11:54:20 am »

Looking back now I realized I messed up but that's the same reason why I'm town, as someone pointed out scum tend to stay quiet and avoid drawing attention to themselves for the exact reason of me, they get noticed and could be lynched which is dangerous to them since there are like 2 on each team.

The reason I jumped on the bandwagon was so we had a day 1 lynch and moved on, we have no info besides what people post anyway is just as good as say picking someone who hasn't posted at all, Roo and the Moonlit Shadow got jumped on by me, because Roo voted me, probably randomly so I admit I overreacted, voting Moonlit Shadow was me trying to end the day so we could get more information, I'm not 100% new to mafia which is why I hate the first day and want to lynch someone and get over it.

last ditch effort to save my life?  I've seen this situation before where its really hard to appear innocent my only defense is that I'm acting like a stereotypical town in my first bay 12 mafia game.
I'd like to say that town don't attempt to save their own lives, instead you should be attempting to hunt down the true scum.  That is if you are town anyhow, scum only attempt to save their own lives instead of proactive scum hunting since well... there's no scum to hunt. 

Than why previously did you agree with the lynch of moonlit shadow if no one's posts made you feel off?

Also, I still think roo is scum, especially since now he's clammed up after some pressure was thrown on him.  No attempts to scum hunt, rebuke any of the claims against him or otherwise.  People might of complained that some of the roo votes were just RVS initially but after my case against him I got no response, he stopped scum hunting, and is now very quite. 

However dear god do I wish I could vote multiple times, and fair warning if it comes down to a tie fillipk you are dripping with scum at this point.  All that could make your case better in my eyes is some active hunting.
You want scum hunting? Fine.

Dampe and RedMageCole you have not posted a thing I am accusing you both of scum defend yourselves

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2015, 03:20:33 pm »

... that's not scum hunting that's lurker fishing.

Scum hunting is when you attack players who are actually present.

fillipk, try attacking someone who might defend themselves(more discussion for town to analyze!)
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »

...Roo you never did claim if you were town, why aren't you scum

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2015, 03:39:08 pm »

filipk:
Scum can be aggresive too in their first game so it's not a stellar defence. I tried to lynch someone over their over reaction to a joke. immaterial I believe made a play on the words Alleecat used "shot in the foot" and Allee thought he was accusing her with an inspect. I tried to get Allee based on that.

Dampe and RedMageCole you have not posted a thing I am accusing you both of scum defend yourselves
Wow, a more half assed attempt I have not seen.

Since people have time to think about it avoiding being noticed is much harder to pull off. Lurkers also tend to screw over town so some people have a policy lynch for lurkers. So it's dangerous to lurk as well.

Dampe and RedMage:
Yoohoo... what would be your preferred method to proceed in the game now if you were scum (either team) given your lack of content so far and the assumption no one so far on your team has drawn major scrutiny?

Arcvasti:
So far despite being one of the more active players you have mainly hung back to poke or prod at the situation mainly by just answering questions or offering just observations.

My personal theory is that its both, but I've got little besides gut instinct and dubious "evidence" to support it.
Are you planning to try and build up a case?

Those with prior experience with Arcvasti
Does the aforementioned usually do this?

For all:
Following some self examination of my post I wonder if it would be a good example of what scum should do. First of all I'm pushing a case on someone who could be floundering if town. I appear to be pushing suspicion on arcvasti for later by first launching a small attack and inviting special scrutiny onto him by asking other to examine him. Meanwhile it's broken up by questions which are rvs in nature as they are addressed to 2 inactive players.

What do you think? I'm curious.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »

Are you scummy? Less so than many others(at least you're logicking it out and whatnot).  As for RVS... It's still day one.
Generic Arms Race.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2015, 03:48:11 pm »

Haven't died, been on car trip to mountains. Will post later, but this game has more new players than vets, so that's going to be a hassle.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2015, 03:53:47 pm »

About the half ass attempt I guess I was shooting in the dark if I had to pick I would go back to my original vote because Roo seems the most suspicious to me, besides myself, I mean after what I posted I would suspect myself, it seems I'm not doing as great a job this game.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »

Arcvasti:
So far despite being one of the more active players you have mainly hung back to poke or prod at the situation mainly by just answering questions or offering just observations.

We've got an extended day here, which means plenty of time to mull things over. Its entirely possible abstaining from pressure voting people might be a bad tactic, but I currently don't have any major suspects, although this will probably change midway through writing this post as I compile suspicious stuff from various people.

My personal theory is that its both, but I've got little besides gut instinct and dubious "evidence" to support it.
Are you planning to try and build up a case?

Below, I have compiled everything suspicious about roo, The Moonlit Shadow and fillipk.

Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: roo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: fillipk (click to show/hide)

Out of the other major posters, Kilakan and FallacyofUrist seem unsuspicious because of their proactivity, use of logic and lack of flailing. Thus they are either good townies or especially devious scum. I am assuming the former, although the latter may eventually turn out to be true. I will also point out that, in a game like this with two opposing scum teams, active scum-hunting would be an excellent tactic for the scum themselves so as to use the town to take out their rival scum.

Those with prior experience with Arcvasti
Does the aforementioned usually do this?

First time in Bay12 mafia here, no one has prior experience with me.

Alright, based on the above, I am voting fillipk, as they are currently the best choice for a random or semi-random vote, at least until roo posts some more.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2015, 05:04:28 pm »

Thank you forgot to shift my vote Roo  I will come back with a better defense in a couple hours, just give me a bit to think.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2015, 05:24:44 pm »

very very good, Arcvasti!
I would vote fillipk, but I already am voting him.

Let's let a few hours pass with some discussion and questions and whatnot and then hopefully fillipk will have his defense.

So it's 3-D scum hunting. Bandwagons forming left and right, and melting just as fast!
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35