Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46041 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »

Didn't take a couple of hours well just gives time for more discussion

So based on what Arcvasti said, which is all true, I made some noob mistakes and dug myself into a deep hole, which is what I need to get out of if I can.

So lets look at this logically the main suspicion you guys see in me is vote swapping without a super good reason and saying I just wanted to get the day over with.  That is because I never played a good forum mafia game with a first day lynch and I wasn't use to it.  That by itself is still not enough,  The easy lynch comment was a huge mistake but it also means that if I am scum TMS is not on my team which just defends them but I'm okay with that.  In my experience you get lynched if you don't vote with the majority but it seams you guys are smarter then that, because the tactic doesn't work on the first day, which is good.

I vote switched to moonlit shadow as a reflex and therefore had a bunch of shoddy reasoning.  When I went to look back I realized that moonlit shadow didn't do anything too suspicious, just overreacted and with the next couple pages of posts I was convinced she was just a noob in this type of game like me. 

Falacy of Urist- The only problem I have with you is how you and Kilakan are basically controlling the thread which leads me to believe you are both scum on the same team or really active veteran players trying to help.  I get the scum thing because if a Scum team could control the thread it would really help their team win.  On the other hand nothing has been bothering me about your logic or your defenses so it takes away suspicion.

Roo - The reason I came back to Roo is that he never defended himself, I asked him what side he was on an he dodged the question, or at least mis-typed his post.  He strikes me as the most suspicious person I can vote for, at least till he defends himself.

All through this game I was basically played like a fiddle by Kilakan so it strikes me he might be scum, or just trying to help dig me out of my hole so I won't accuse him today.

Even if I get lynched this was a fun game and I will join another one, especially now that I have more experience and won't make the same mistakes I made this game.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2015, 05:40:21 pm »

well. I'm not really a veteran, but my mind is sharp and I know how to play the game decently as a result of a finished BM. Thank you for your logic. Kilakan, on the other hand, has a tad bit more experience than I do(though I feel we're both scum hunting on the same level).

You have justified yourself well enough, for the moment. Unvote fillipk.

A bit of activity from Roo would be nice, yes.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2015, 05:45:05 pm »

Yeah I thought I knew how to play and it messed me up well just gotta wait for Roo now
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2015, 05:46:04 pm »

Bay 12 mafia is... odd. I recommend you look at the notable games archive, available at the top of the mafia subforum(stickied!).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Game Starting Soon
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2015, 05:58:18 pm »

The sun sunk lower into the sky, but the heat of the day only got worse. Many moved their discussions into the shade to keep from getting heatstroke, while others slunk around whispering into the ears of others. Debate was growing to rival the heat of the day, and shouting matches broke out. Calm heads prevailed, for the most part, when somebody looted an abandoned icecream truck and started passing out partially melted treats to cool everyone off. Discussion continued...

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock
Varee - DoctorMcTaalik, Varee
Arcvasti
Dampe
RedMageCole
The Moonlit Shadow -  TheDarkStar, roo
DoctorMcTaalik
fillipk - Arcvasti, Comrade Shamrock
roo - fillipk, The Moonlit Shadow, kilakan
kilakan
Persus13
4maskwolf

Not voting: Teneb,  Dampe, RedMageCole, Persus13, 4maskwolf, FallacyofUrist

The day ends in ~77 hours, 10:00 PM Monday Mountain Time, 11:00 PM forum time
1/2 extensions used
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

for the most part? Um...
Generic Arms Race.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2015, 06:00:03 pm »

Oh, it's just flavor. ;)
The Cyan Menace

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2015, 06:01:01 pm »

Hahaha.
Thankfully, this isn't one of those games, where flavor analysis blows people's minds.
Generic Arms Race.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2015, 07:02:18 pm »

It certainly feels like a bandwagon on Moonlit, since one of the major persecutors of him (me) isn't even voting him, and the other (FoU) expressed it as a pressure vote.  Otherwise people have kinda just gone 'well okay' and voted him.

Given two scumteams, a bandwagon is pretty much unavoidable every day for the first few days.
Than in your opinion is the bandwagon indicative of who could be scum?  Do you think those who jumped on the wagon are more likely to be scum, or less likely?  What is your favorite icecream, vanilla, chocolate or furred?

In general, I've found that scum are generally on bandwagons somewhere, so it's more likely that wagoners are scum.

I prefer vanilla.

flabort, can you poke Dampe and RedMageCole? They haven't been active at all iirc. Also, has Teneb done anything?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:11 pm »

Flabort, I'm srry to say this, but you missed some votes/unvotes. Anyway, changing my vote.
Well, automated vote-counters are failable. I will for sure count the votes by hand at end-of-day, if not earlier, though.

flabort, can you poke Dampe and RedMageCole? They haven't been active at all iirc. Also, has Teneb done anything?
Sure.
The Cyan Menace

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:32 pm »

I'm still voting for Varee?

Wait, Varee's voting for themself?

Unvote.

Varee, have you just given up? What's going on?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2015, 02:36:10 am »

I'm still voting for Varee?

Wait, Varee's voting for themself?

Unvote.

Varee, have you just given up? What's going on?

Unvote

I dont if i should be surprised or not that noone mention or talk about anything other than Roo TMS and flipk the whole day.....Nah I wont give up just because an rvs on me, otherwise you would have lose a valuable team member.

I dont know what to say on this RVS/OMGUs/retaliation over exaggerated though.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2015, 07:05:23 am »

Arcvasti:
I could have sworn I've seen you in a mafia thread before, maybe my mind's playing tricks on me. It does that.

Moonlit:
I don't care how they answer the question, I'm just giving them something to get into the game. They now have something addressed to them so they can't say they didn't weigh in on the game because they had nothing to say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2015, 09:21:19 am »

There you go, you've found the general idea of the random voting stage. Bravo, good sir.
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2015, 09:48:02 am »

I just realized something...

Flailing = accusations = more posts = more mistakes = more evidence = better scum finding.
Of course, you need people like kilakan and FallacyofUrist to get from more posts to the end. But it all starts with flailing!
and now everything makes sense
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35