Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46053 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 wears on! - 0 replacements or more needed
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »

TheDarkStar, do you mind giving us your views on the game so far?  Particularly all of the interactions between the newer players.

And yes, I'm doing this in an effort to give myself a way into the game, so worry about that vote even less XD

I'll take this post as an excuse for me to get back into the game :P.

roo, TMS, and fillipk keep trying to get each other lynched. Roo hasn't been that active, so he's more unknown than anything else. TMS is really aggressive, and fillipk keeps pressuring roo for a defense and seems like he's trying to get roo lynched. Because TMS is new, it's hard to tell what his aggressiveness means, but that could change if he pushes a successful lynch.

fillipk: After roo, who do you find most suspicious?

PPE:

Why aren't you scum?

Because I'm town...
This. Why aren't you scum? Because you're town? I don't see that as anything close to a proper answer.
I don't think you gave him a proper question to respond to. :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2015, 09:38:03 pm »

Good point. To summarize: because he only said "Because I'm town" without referencing any of his behaviors and the behaviors of other people to prove it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins! - 1 replacement or more needed
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2015, 10:40:57 pm »

I might overanalyze, I remember Fallacy or kulaks saying claiming town doesn't work and shows that you are scum since that's what they do.  Also the fact that you aren't using lots of words says you don't want to give stuff away which is also suspicious.  So come up with an actual defense please.
this also

@TheDarkStar After Roo I find Moonlit shadow the most suspicious, but that could be because their new.  The main reason I keep pushing Roo is because he isn't posting much probably my fault for not giving him a question so if I don't find him suspicious I'll withdraw my vote, right now I'm being lynched so I'm trying to find someone who is really scum

@Roo sorry for not giving you a proper question who do you find most suspicious and why,
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:46 am »

4mask:
What have you learned about TDS from his reply?

Varee:
You've been very very quiet. Are you hunting rabbits?  :D

You haven't weighed in that much or at all really. Your main actions were to vote yourself and then unvote. Any suspicions or comments?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2015, 07:04:20 am »

@kil Would it be a fair assumption yo say that you're not paying attention or interested in rvs?
I am paying attention, I also just happen to play csgo.  Today I have been in a tournament.  I also work because I am 22 years of age, so some days I might only squirt one or two posts out.  Now that we have that out of the way.

Roo-You make an assumption about someone who was among the first to respond, and then ask a general question in an attempt to say 'see this dude I made an assumption about is probably bad'.  A good way to garner interest from someone instead would be to say Roo you are positively dripping with that which grows in stagnant water.

Also, before someone calls me out on it, yes, I randomized that list twice. Fillipk popped up first the first time, and I don't see the point of doubling up on randvotes.

For some reason I dislike this immensely. Feels like a bit of a cop out. Why did you feel the need to roll on who to vote.
  How else would you pick someone out of a crowd who you have no previous experience with?  By grading them on how much you like their name?  Rolling makes decent sense at this stage of the game.

[redacted, i misread the vote screen.]

Why ya guys voting for me anyway?

You are scum it is know, khalesesi. Also how many games of magia have you played I feel like you said iirc one and then said something silly like I'm not a newb and then did something sillier like ask why people are voting you.
Your grammar and attempt at a meme are both atrocious.  Not to mention your spelling, in a game where you can't edit posts after you say them, at least proof read them first.  Also don't use feelings for what people said, quote them.  That is unless of course you are attempting to twist their image into... how did you say it oh right I quoted it; Silly?  What if he is silly, how does that make him scum?  Being scum doesn't immediately lower your IQ or anything so silly really isn't an indicator in this case.

Roo-Just a reminder here, I'd like some sort of defense from you.  I also have an additional question to pose, a number of previous times you have used 'memes' in your general speech.  Do you think they aid your image in anyway, and a general explanation as to your thinking when including terms like 'khalessi' and 'feelsbadman' in your speech?
I am still voting roo because after the posts I made towards him listed above, his only response was.
unvote

taking off my rvs vote be back in a bit. currently considering between moonlit and doctor.
This, once the focus had shifted to Moonlit shadow.  Followed up with a:
Roo what side are you on anyway?

my townreads usually.

in an unrelated note.

moonlit shadow.
Vote on said person who's the current center of focus, all the while still ignoring everything directed at him previously.

After which, when I called him on attempting to pressure-dodge and swap focus he played dumb:

Roo what side are you on anyway?

my townreads usually.

in an unrelated note.

moonlit shadow.
Good try at swaying the votecount scum.  I like how you don't even attempt to address anything else towards you other than a feeble attempt at getting someone else hung.

What is there to address?

So either Roo has decided to completely ignore everything that was posted in the first few pages when pressure was on him, or he's scum hoping that we'd do exactly what is happening; Forget all the shit things he did and move onto someone else.

So to summerize.

Roo-You are scum, you avoid answering questions since it might make you seem to be what you really are. 
You play dumb when confronted about it hoping that people would drop that line of questioning.
You rail-roaded on the next potential lynch-ee
Your scum hunting attempts are non-existent to laughable in quality.
no idea wtf you guys want me to defend against. arefer me to posts you think I "need" to respond to.

@fallacy how was my answer suspicious?
And, apparently you are incapable of reading the thread for yourself. 

CONGRATULATIONS people I believe we have our scum.  And even if he isn't scum at this point, he's useless as town.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2015, 07:09:14 am »

no idea wtf you guys want me to defend against. arefer me to posts you think I "need" to respond to.
Quote from: My case thing earlier
Spoiler: roo (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what there is to defend against here.

Kilakan, you're voting for roo at the moment. Why? Would you kindly explain what I'm missing here?

roo, you're still voting for The Moonlight Shadow. Please elaborate your general reasons for doing so.
Re-iterated my case above.

TheDarkStar, do you mind giving us your views on the game so far?  Particularly all of the interactions between the newer players.

And yes, I'm doing this in an effort to give myself a way into the game, so worry about that vote even less XD

I'll take this post as an excuse for me to get back into the game :P.

roo, TMS, and fillipk keep trying to get each other lynched. Roo hasn't been that active, so he's more unknown than anything else. TMS is really aggressive, and fillipk keeps pressuring roo for a defense and seems like he's trying to get roo lynched. Because TMS is new, it's hard to tell what his aggressiveness means, but that could change if he pushes a successful lynch.

fillipk: After roo, who do you find most suspicious?

PPE:

Why aren't you scum?

Because I'm town...
This. Why aren't you scum? Because you're town? I don't see that as anything close to a proper answer.
I don't think you gave him a proper question to respond to. :P
Roo was active enough initially for us to be suspicious, when we put that suspicion into words he went silent.  When he came back from silence he played the 'I don't know what you mean.....' card which is total bullshit.  Mostly because anyone who is confused can simply re-read all the posts.
TheDarkStar-Why do you feel Roo deserves to have you step up to his defense?  Other than the fact that two people are voting him, and you choose one of those two for your own vote (seems like scum buddying to me but we'll see) what other reasons do you feel Fillipk to be scum?  Do you have a full case against him you could outline for us?
Nom nom nom

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2015, 07:13:44 am »

@Comrade: Well seeing that you are the second person to mention that, it really feels insignificant. Anyway, I dont really find much to talk about.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2015, 09:10:18 am »

well crikey mates I believe we've got our first proper(non-nooby) suspect!

roo, you might very well come out later and give a proper defense. But for now my vote's on you, per the reasons given by kilakan and observations made.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:42 pm »

Varee:
Well it was more of a prompt for you to go do something, so any plans?

roo:
Are we going to get anything meaningful out of you?

unvote

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »

It seems that after that first bout of aggression, most of us have kinda slacked off on it... I still don't see anything to suspicious.
So what are you going to do about it?

Also, forgot who asked Dampe and the other guy (forgot name) what they would do if they were scum, there's really no way for them to answer that. If what they say happens, they would look extremely guilty, so if they're town, that's an easy lynch for either mafia group. And if they are mafia, they could just as easily avoid it.
So as the newbie giving people advice, don't answer that question. If you even see the post.
Why were you so worried about how Dampe and "the other guy" (RedMage (tip: go back and search in these cases, it helps.) might look?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2015, 04:10:19 pm »

Kilakan: I'm not entirely sure that's a fair assessment. The reason roo voted The Moonlit Shadow was to try to tie up the votecount and not be lynched because they were going to die in a few hours before FallacyofUrist suggested extending the day. That could be a scum move or more simply an "I don't want to die" move. I'm not really disagreeing with you, but using self-preservation as a scumtell strikes me as somewhat silly.

That said:

Unvote fillipk

Honestly, I'm going to invoke Hanlon's Razor here. I find it more likely that they're just new to the game and kinda defensive then that they're actually scum.

Voting roo

If putting roo in a life-or-death situation will evoke more evidence one way or another, I'm applying a pressure vote to them to make them defend themselves again. If their defense is inadequate, I'll keep it on. Plus it feels like a fairer lynch then fillipk or The Moonlit Shadow because they're both new and thus have that as an excuse/justification. roo, however, doesn't have that going for him.

General reminder, we have two opposing scum teams here both intent on annihilating the other. For those scum, scumhunting could become an excellent strategy since they have the advantage of knowing who's on their side and using the town to lynch their competitors both garners them trust and eliminates dangerous opposition. For those of us used to one-scum-faction mafia or for those new to the game, this might be an important concept.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2015, 04:19:23 pm »

Kilakan: I'm not entirely sure that's a fair assessment. The reason roo voted The Moonlit Shadow was to try to tie up the votecount and not be lynched because they were going to die in a few hours before FallacyofUrist suggested extending the day. That could be a scum move or more simply an "I don't want to die" move. I'm not really disagreeing with you, but using self-preservation as a scumtell strikes me as somewhat silly.
Maybe it's changed since I last played, but 'I don't want to die' used to be a pretty big scumtell, since town didn't have that major of a reason to fear death.  It was more important to scum hunt with whatever time you have, instead of cowering and trying to tie votes in fear of the noose.

The reason being here;Town can die at night to mafia, SK, ect.
-Mafia can only die during the day to lynchs.

Town only have the day to make the most of their time, and may very well be cut apart during the night.  So fearing a mis-guided lynch is less important than say, finding the proper target with the time you have.  Tieing the vote so you can go on to hide/dodge the noose instead of active-hunting is a pretty large scumtell.  Especially in a game with no 'majority insta-lynch' so you really have no reason to try and 'tie' a vote.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2015, 05:17:53 pm »

roo, you need to step up your game if you want to avoid the lynch today.
Generic Arms Race.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2015, 05:38:21 pm »

I vote for not Dampe.
I want to live, dammit. ;_;
I'm not a mafioso. This, I promise on my gentleman's honor.
Regards,
Dampe

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »

I hypothesize that logic is directly proportional to lack of noobyness.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35