Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 46545 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 wears on! - 0 replacements or more needed
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

I hypothesize that logic is directly proportional to lack of noobyness.
Not the case. Roo is certainly not a newbie, but is still the subforum version of LSP.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2015, 06:05:51 pm »

I'm going to confess I have no clue who or what LSP is.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2015, 06:12:40 pm »

I'm going to confess I have no clue who or what LSP is.
Lord Slowpoke
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2015, 06:18:04 pm »

Too angry and frustrated with myself atm to post a votecount right now, but...

Day ends in ~5 hours
1/2 extends used.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Day 1 begins!
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »

fillipk:
There a reason why you are unable to quote posts?
Ah you see I've never done Bay12 Madia before so I didn't know however I'm not new to the concept of mafia, or even forum mafia, I've played a couple hidden roles games and a little Town of Salem and I was part of one Mafia game on a different forum.
Bay12 Mafia tends to be a little... different, but it mainly depends on whose playing.

Well I guess it is just random voting personally I don't like it because there is more of a chance to get town then mafia
Generally the idea of random voting is to elicit a reaction from the person receiving the vote which may give a clue to their alignment.

Roo what side are you on anyway?
His own probably, roo behaving erratically is fairly normal for him.

Looking back now I realized I messed up but that's the same reason why I'm town, as someone pointed out scum tend to stay quiet and avoid drawing attention to themselves for the exact reason of me, they get noticed and could be lynched which is dangerous to them since there are like 2 on each team.
but if you were scum and someone pointed this out to you, wouldn't you try to be more active and draw more attention to you?

I might overanalyze, I remember Fallacy or kulaks saying claiming town doesn't work and shows that you are scum since that's what they do.  Also the fact that you aren't using lots of words says you don't want to give stuff away which is also suspicious.  So come up with an actual defense please.
Scum will claim town, but why would town not claim town as well. Scum want to be seen as town, so you will see scum doing things that townspeople will do.

DoctorMcTaalik:
Hello Everyone, there's a lot of faces I don't know here. What's your experience with Mafia prior to this game, and do you have any experience with Bay12 mafia?

I've played Mafia IRL a couple times. My only prior game on Bay12 was Beginner's Mafia LV, in which I replaced a rather inactive player near the end of the game. Oh, and I recently tried an online flash version (Town of Salem, I think), but didn't particularly enjoy it.
Good job in that game, btw, while you posted once, it was a well done one. Town of Salem tends to be a bit weird, so I'm not surprised. I hope you stick around.

roo:
Also, before someone calls me out on it, yes, I randomized that list twice. Fillipk popped up first the first time, and I don't see the point of doubling up on randvotes.

For some reason I dislike this immensely. Feels like a bit of a cop out. Why did you feel the need to roll on who to vote.
Why did you vote fillipk then?

4maskwolf:
4maskwolf: If someone starts behaving like NQT in the last BYOR and votes you, what are you going to do?
I don't answer questions involving active games.
This isn't from BYOP, its from the BYOR run by MIA wuba. That game is definitely over. I was referring to NQT's "Secret doctrine" stuff.

Fallacy of Urist
There are two scum teams- mafia, and werewolves. For all I know you're a mafia goon who attacked roo because you thought he was an opposing werewolf. Or the other way around. This, you see, is why this sort of game is not entirely recommended for new players.

Everyone: Can I get some more activity, sil vous plait?
Generally in two scumteam games scum tend to not care who gets lynched as long as it isn't one of their own and go after the other scumteam at night. At least I think so, don't quote me on this (well you can, but not authoritatively).

I hate the first day and want to lynch someone and get over it.
I'm going to let anyone who wants to read that be the judge of how scummy(absurd) that is. Have you heard of the concept of a "Hammer" in mafia, fillipk?
Sure, because it isn't scummy
Wanting day 1 to be over is not scummy, if anything its a town tell. Day 1 is when we have the least information. Its often only after Day 1 has passed behind us that we are put on a path to root out the scum.

Why aren't you scum?

Because I'm town...
This. Why aren't you scum? Because you're town? I don't see that as anything close to a proper answer.
Shadow didn't give any further context for this question, why should roo give more context for his answer?

Comrade Shamrock:
What are your feelings on the situation?
At this point in reading through the game, I feel that moonlightshadow is being lynched more for not having a handle on the game yet more than anything else. So I'm inclined to think he's town. FofU is reasonable, people need to post more, and if I had voted at this point in time it would be fillipk.

Kilakan
I'd like to say that town don't attempt to save their own lives, instead you should be attempting to hunt down the true scum.  That is if you are town anyhow, scum only attempt to save their own lives instead of proactive scum hunting since well... there's no scum to hunt. 
But there is fake scum for them to hunt.
Kilakan: I'm not entirely sure that's a fair assessment. The reason roo voted The Moonlit Shadow was to try to tie up the votecount and not be lynched because they were going to die in a few hours before FallacyofUrist suggested extending the day. That could be a scum move or more simply an "I don't want to die" move. I'm not really disagreeing with you, but using self-preservation as a scumtell strikes me as somewhat silly.
Maybe it's changed since I last played, but 'I don't want to die' used to be a pretty big scumtell, since town didn't have that major of a reason to fear death.  It was more important to scum hunt with whatever time you have, instead of cowering and trying to tie votes in fear of the noose.

The reason being here;Town can die at night to mafia, SK, ect.
-Mafia can only die during the day to lynchs.

Town only have the day to make the most of their time, and may very well be cut apart during the night.  So fearing a mis-guided lynch is less important than say, finding the proper target with the time you have.  Tieing the vote so you can go on to hide/dodge the noose instead of active-hunting is a pretty large scumtell.  Especially in a game with no 'majority insta-lynch' so you really have no reason to try and 'tie' a vote.
Town have a perfectly legitimate reason to fear death, it means that they're one step closer to losing. I'll agree with you that tying the lynch should be avoided, but do you think roo was aware he was tying the vote?

The Moonlight Shadow:
I just realized something...

Flailing = accusations = more posts = more mistakes = more evidence = better scum finding.
Of course, you need people like kilakan and FallacyofUrist to get from more posts to the end. But it all starts with flailing!
One problem is more posts doesn't mean more content. I've seen posts with more content in them than fillipk's entire list of posts in this game, on Day 1, no less.

Dampe
I vote for not Dampe.
I want to live, dammit. ;_;
I'm not a mafioso. This, I promise on my gentleman's honor.
You have 3 hours to vote the scum. Will you do so?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »

Shadow didn't give any further context for this question, why should roo give more context for his answer?
... because he ought to be better than that. Questions can be simple. Answers can also be simple, but for a question like "why are you not scum" a more elaborate answer is better.

Persus13: defending roo, are you? Hm hm hm. Part of me thinks you're some sort of scum pulling your scum buddy away from a lynch. Of course, it's too early to tell, but that's what I see.

Wanting day 1 to be over is not scummy, if anything its a town tell. Day 1 is when we have the least information. Its often only after Day 1 has passed behind us that we are put on a path to root out the scum.

Note "lynch someone and get over it". Wanting the day to be over- to hurry it, if you will, is quite scummy. We may have the least information Day 1, but there's no cause to waste it.

Persus13: thank you for mega post. Now here's a question: Wilt thou please target a player who is actually acting scummy instead of just lurking? We don't get much info from a lurker lynch. In fact, lurker lynches are typically regarded as "safer" by scum. Targeting someone who doesn't much... flow, matter, exist, post often... it's a policy lynch instead of a good one.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 09:21:22 pm »

fillipk:
There a reason why you are unable to quote posts?
Ah you see I've never done Bay12 Madia before so I didn't know however I'm not new to the concept of mafia, or even forum mafia, I've played a couple hidden roles games and a little Town of Salem and I was part of one Mafia game on a different forum.
Bay12 Mafia tends to be a little... different, but it mainly depends on whose playing.

Well I guess it is just random voting personally I don't like it because there is more of a chance to get town then mafia
Generally the idea of random voting is to elicit a reaction from the person receiving the vote which may give a clue to their alignment.

Roo what side are you on anyway?
His own probably, roo behaving erratically is fairly normal for him.

Looking back now I realized I messed up but that's the same reason why I'm town, as someone pointed out scum tend to stay quiet and avoid drawing attention to themselves for the exact reason of me, they get noticed and could be lynched which is dangerous to them since there are like 2 on each team.
but if you were scum and someone pointed this out to you, wouldn't you try to be more active and draw more attention to you?

I might overanalyze, I remember Fallacy or kulaks saying claiming town doesn't work and shows that you are scum since that's what they do.  Also the fact that you aren't using lots of words says you don't want to give stuff away which is also suspicious.  So come up with an actual defense please.
Scum will claim town, but why would town not claim town as well. Scum want to be seen as town, so you will see scum doing things that townspeople will do.
Sorry I guess its mostly laziness and trying to quote huge quotes from my phone, I will do this whenever I can.

@what you said: Yes and if they become more active there is more stuff to analyze and more opportunity for mistakes, its an equal trade off.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 09:26:58 pm »

... because he ought to be better than that. Questions can be simple. Answers can also be simple, but for a question like "why are you not scum" a more elaborate answer is better.
If you're going to accuse someone of being scum without any context, they have the right to answer without magically coming up with some context for it.

Persus13: thank you for mega post. Now here's a question: Wilt thou please target a player who is actually acting scummy instead of just lurking? We don't get much info from a lurker lynch. In fact, lurker lynches are typically regarded as "safer" by scum. Targeting someone who doesn't much... flow, matter, exist, post often... it's a policy lynch instead of a good one.
How much info do you think you'll get from a roo lynch? Do you know the difference between lurking and active lurking? Do you think a Dampe lynch is actually feasible, and if not, why do you think I'm voting him then?

fillip: Thanks, posting from a phone can make it difficult to quote. Please don't let that impediment get in the way too much if you can.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:23 pm »

well crikey mates I believe we've got our first proper(non-nooby) suspect!

roo, you might very well come out later and give a proper defense. But for now my vote's on you, per the reasons given by kilakan and observations made.

Are you saying you didn't see kils initial post of him scumspecting me I find this highly unlikely tbh. because that post is like a simple restatment of it. No defense is needed.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »

ebwop: Which leads me to my question what changed or sid you really not see his initial post.
Or not it's cool.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2015, 09:41:58 pm »

TheDarkStar-Why do you feel Roo deserves to have you step up to his defense?  Other than the fact that two people are voting him, and you choose one of those two for your own vote (seems like scum buddying to me but we'll see) what other reasons do you feel Fillipk to be scum?  Do you have a full case against him you could outline for us?

I've played several games with roo and I've learned that lynching him doesn't tell anyone very much. He generally has an odd posting style that the town interprets as scummy. As Persus pointed out, a roo lynch wouldn't tell us very much at all.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

Are you saying you didn't see kils initial post of him scumspecting me I find this highly unlikely tbh. because that post is like a simple restatment of it. No defense is needed.
I think I saw his initial suspicion post.

The reason I'm voting you is because you haven't made any really meaningful posts in your defense.

TheDarkStar-Why do you feel Roo deserves to have you step up to his defense?  Other than the fact that two people are voting him, and you choose one of those two for your own vote (seems like scum buddying to me but we'll see) what other reasons do you feel Fillipk to be scum?  Do you have a full case against him you could outline for us?

I've played several games with roo and I've learned that lynching him doesn't tell anyone very much. He generally has an odd posting style that the town interprets as scummy. As Persus pointed out, a roo lynch wouldn't tell us very much at all.
Gah. And what would you recommend? A noob? A lurker? No. Once you filter out the noobs and the lurkers:

FallacyofUrist, TheDarkStar, roo, kilakan, Persus13, Comrade Shamrock, maybe some others, but lurkers. Let's not lynch a noob today. It's day one. Day one=noob flailing. And at the moment, of the more experienced non-lurking players, roo looks the scummiest to me.
Generic Arms Race.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2015, 09:53:22 pm »

Meant to have a response to this in my last post but it got deleted by mistake:
Persus13: defending roo, are you? Hm hm hm. Part of me thinks you're some sort of scum pulling your scum buddy away from a lynch. Of course, it's too early to tell, but that's what I see.
Yes, I'm defending roo. I've played with him before, and he hasn't seemed suspicious or out of the ordinary in terms of his standard posting.

Who are you voting right now?

roo, you might very well come out later and give a proper defense. But for now my vote's on you, per the reasons given by kilakan and observations made.

Are you saying this because you defended against it before? If so could you provide a link?
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2015, 09:55:35 pm »

Yes, I'm defending roo. I've played with him before, and he hasn't seemed suspicious or out of the ordinary in terms of his standard posting.
Meta patterns? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but my vote stays on until he actually defends himself.
Generic Arms Race.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

Who are you voting right now?

Are you saying this because you defended against it before? If so could you provide a link?

No because it begged the question if an argument for why to vote someone makes sense now why not then? If you say because of time restraints it would almost be good enough to get away with and thisbis where motive comes into play. If you are town and convinced someone lynch does not bring any new information to the table do you just wait or lynch anyway? or are you scum wanting to lynch.

But Fallacy said I looked the scummiest to him which implies he has other people in mind but doesn't want to say doesnt want to present alternatives to my lynch.

So Fallacy when did I start looking scummy to you and for what specific reasons do you find my lynch will help the town?
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35