Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Necromancer: The End  (Read 65154 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer: Go ATHATH!
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2015, 02:51:37 am »

What no I don't. I just wanted to celebrate the fact I was right.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2015, 12:56:48 pm »

Turn Twenty Two:
The sun has set once more! It is night!
Andres:
Quote from: Andres
Tell the thug to not get the ring. Instead, he is to get some of his friends and bring him to the room. He's to tell them that there's treasure near the wall on the side of the room opposite the door, as well as a corpse.
[3+1=4]
 He hesitates for a moment, while the necromancer in front of you kills and raises the priest. The priest walks out of the alleyway and then your mugger stumbles out after him. You hope to yourself that he doesn't try to steal other people's rings instead, when all of the sudden the necromancer disappears in a flash of light. Unexpected, but not unappreciated. He would have gotten in the way, anyway.

ATHATH:
Quote from: ATHATH
Turn the spears into cotton.
[5+1=6]
 Its not like they would of hurt you - you are metal after all - but you were worried about something else. You were afraid that the poor guards might hurt themselves. With that problem averted (and your metal exterior well-shined), you push your way - gingerly - out of the group of guards. They seem to confused to hurt you or themselves anymore.
Stride through the palace gates (open them first).
[2]
 You triumphantly walk over to the palace gates - shut tight and bearing a heavy portcullis - and try open them. To your despair, the portcullis is too heavy to lift. You pause while thinking of what magic you could use to get past it. Turn it into molasses, turn it into molasses, turn it into molasses. So hard to choose.
Can I place a contingent spell upon someone (i.e. "raise this person as a type of undead that it chooses when it next dies").
Yes, but summoning a completely sentient undead that retains its former personality happens to be an epic level spell. It's basically like bringing the person back to life with an eternal lifespan. Powerful. You'll get a -2 to the roll. Messing up is bad.
Does the king have a son or daughter?
Definitely. You don't know who or how many, but a king would need one to continue his legacy.

Delekates:
Quote from: Delekates
Keep it together.
[7-1(first minute)+1(night)=7]
 You keep cool. For now.
Quote from: Delekates
Get to the closest inn.
[6+1(night)=7]
 You turn the corner and see it. You walk inside. The bartender flashes you a smile. "So, whataya wanna drink?"

conein:
Quote from: conein
fly away by the window. Flee with my skeletons
[2]
 You fly out of the room, laughing manically, but suddenly a powerful wind blows you back into the room. As you land on your back - levitation ending abruptly - a bolt of energy misses you by an inch, and burns a hole the size of a gold coin into the floor.
Quote from: conein
*also set skeletons to attack people in range.
[6]
 You can't see them from where you lay, but from the sounds below you think they obeyed you.

Generally me:
Quote from: Generally me
Tell the priest to continue with its life, also tell it to try gain more supporters.
[7-1(v)+2=8]
 He nods his head and leaves the looking more alive than when he entered. The mugger stumbles after him.
Ask my Vonzun who are the most powerful lords other than the king, and if they know where to find them.
[5-1(v)+1(r)+2=7]
 "They all live in the upper floors of the castle where the king can keep an eye on them," he calls out behind him. Then he is gone.
Get back to my lair.
[7]
 You realize that the amount of magic in the wizard's labratory should allow you to easily pinpoint it's location and teleport there. You succeed, and within moments appear inside your dimly lit lair. Home, sweet home.

The Moonlit Shadow:
Quote from: The Moonlit Shadow
If he disagrees, push him down with telekinesis
[4-1(exhausted)+1(night)=4]
 You attempt to push him to the ground as he flies out the window, but instead you push him back inside.
Quote from: The Moonlit Shadow
while he's off balance fly up and take the bird away.
[2-1(interruption)-1(exhausted)+1(night)=1]
 You try to levitate up to the window, but suddenly you are struck from behind! The skeleton's feeble punch does no damage to you, but it interrupts you from casting your spell. It's annoyance, however, is the least of you worries, since you see more of them gathering around you. Then you see the Qeth Vol. It's running towards you at full speed, unconcerned of the safety of it's allies.

A new player is needed!
Spoiler: conein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Generally me (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Delekates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magnumcannon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andres (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:09:32 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2015, 01:23:27 pm »

No sheets again? :(

Duck and sweep the Qeth Vol's legs out from beneath it with a gust of wind. Then attempt to mind control the thingy, or un-mind-control it so it doesn't listen to Conein. Then (all or nothing guys) teleport behind the gate from the inside, and blast it open. Telepathically communicate with ATHATH to stand out of the way.
"Thank you. What are you doing here, if I may ask?"

If he tells me his quest:
"Hm. Does the mind-control persist after death and reanimation? What about if the phylactery is destroyed?"

Generally Me, look at the quest section of your character sheet spoiler, then at your inventory.

Why is my infamy as bad as Conein's? Shouldn't it be fame because I saved those guards from Conein's wrath?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:27:31 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2015, 01:49:19 pm »

Why is my infamy as bad as Conein's? Shouldn't it be fame because I saved those guards from Conein's wrath?

That was a little town. No one in the capital knows about that yet. All they know is that a metal lich appeared in front of the city gates.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer: Powerful Spellcaster Needed (to fight conein)!
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2015, 02:50:00 pm »

Put a charm rune on the wall so his friends are drawn to it. If possible, make it look like it's to mark a place where there's treasure.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »

"I want to intimidate you, my pray  8)"
Jump on to guy, drink blood, then start turning every1 in the inn into vampires!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:57:19 pm by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:33 pm »

Duck and sweep the Qeth Vol's legs out from beneath it with a gust of wind. Then attempt to mind control the thingy, or un-mind-control it so it doesn't listen to Conein. Then (all or nothing guys) teleport behind the gate from the inside, and blast it open. Telepathically communicate with ATHATH to stand out of the way.

"Hm. Does the mind-control persist after death and reanimation? What about if the phylactery is destroyed?"
*tell quest*
"I am confused by your questions. Actually, I get it now. I am assuming that the king managed to put part of his mind into the phylactery, and he's a wizard too, so he entered the birds mind to enter the other king's mind. So once he enters the king, he'll no longer be in the phylactery. However, I don't think reanimating someone is a great idea. How about with the help of Conein, if he agrees, we will take over this castle! The we can kill King Bill, revive his corpse, and then have the former king possess him! Then we give the birdy's eyes and feathers to Conein!"
"Y'see, the problem with that plan is that we don't know how to run a country, while King Bill has been doing a fine job of it so far. Raising him as a Vonzun isn't an option either, as he will eventually muster up the willpower to break free of our control long enough to reveal that he is a puppet. My plan is for you to put the phylactery in the cage, completing your quest, I walk in, "discover" that the king is possessed, and kill him, completing my quest. We destroy the phylactery, I reanimate him as a free-willed, non-evil, sapient undead, and we walk out without any debts while the king is rewarded for the whole ordeal with immortality. Unfortunately, you need to stop Conein by yourself, because I need to walk in there after Bill is possessed. Do you like the plan?"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2015, 03:02:12 pm »

"I want to intimidate you, my pray  8)"
Jump on to guy, drink blood, then start turning every1 in the inn into vampires!
You used the wrong form of "pray" (it should be "prey"), and forgot a period.

Meander through the castle, slowly making my way to the king's bedroom.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2015, 03:47:09 pm »

Where am I? If i go very far away, will i be able to give orders to skellies?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »

Where am I? If i go very far away, will i be able to give orders to skellies?
You will have to do it psychically, and you'll get a -1 for the distance. However, they're still close enough for you.
Money!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:42 pm »

What spells could i cast with destructive magic BTW?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

What spells could i cast with destructive magic BTW?
Think of the destruction magic in Skyrim. Fireballs, lightning, explosions, ice storms. That thing that got shot at you? That was destruction magic.

Note to everyone: If I don't update for a while, please don't post a lot. When I finally get around to it, I can't quote your actions or see what I did last update without putting it into notepad, which is frustrating.
Money!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »

Hmm.  Just out of curiosity, if i shot a lightning bolt at athath who is made out of metal, would that hurt much? You didnt tell me where I am. Inside or outside?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2015, 06:35:32 pm »

Generally Me, look at the quest section of your character sheet spoiler, then at your inventory.

... I know what my quest is. I'm just having more fun doing what I am doing right now. Also I have a goal in mind other than finding out what the ring does.

Travel to the castle and try to find the servants quarters.

Before that try creating a bit of flame with my ring outside and far away from my lair with no one watching.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:38:43 pm by Generally me »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31