Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Necromancer: The End  (Read 63831 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Necromancer: The End
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:35:41 pm »

I'm coming back to Bay 12 after leaving about half a year ago because school got in the way of posting. I don't really know what you guys like anymore, so I'll just let you guys pitch some ideas here. About three days from now, I'll look over the votes and convert this thread into the game which got the most votes. I hope it's something interesting!

Necromancer

In life, you were a powerful wizard, feared by all. Your powers of necromancy were your strongest weapon. That's why you were killed so easily when they were taken from you by the Council of High Mages. But now you are back! You clawed your way up from the deepest parts of Hell, and finally you'll rule the world. Who cares if you're not even human anymore! No one can stop you n- Actually, it turns out you owe someone a favor. And you'll have to pay them back first. They did give you your powers, after all...

Character Sheet
Name:
Debtor:
Bio:

Races
Vampire: You are the creature of the night. Flitting from shadow to shadow, you can stalk your prey like a cat.
Pro: +1 to actions at while in darkness. You can shapeshift between bat form & vampire for one hour after feeding.
Con: -1 to actions for each minute in direct sunlight & you have to make a save the first time you enter & each minute thereafter, or die. You must drink blood within 24 hours of your last feeding or die.

Half-Lich: Although you do not have the full powers of a lich, you are still a formidable opponent in melee and magic.
Pro: +1 to all spells of one type (excluding necromancy), a successful save negates minor/non-magical damage.
Con: Your rotting stench makes it impossible to be in public normally & gives you a -1 to hiding or disguising yourself.

Spirit: Although you look like any living being, you are actually a ghost. No longer possessing a heart or blood, it is your own magic that keeps you alive.
Pro: You pass through solid matter. Once per day you can turn yourself invisible without a check for 1d4 minutes.
Con: You must make a check to become solid for 1 minute. Your magical nature makes you easier to find & harm with magic.

Debtors
An evil/chaotic God: The power he/she gave you was great. However, your debt is great as well. +2 to necromantic magic. Hard quest.

The neighboring kingdom's Emperor: He hired his court wizard to teach you the talent. It came with a price. +1 to necromantic magic. Medium quest.

A tribal Shaman: It's hard to tell whether he's responsible for your magic or not. He wants repayment anyway. No bonus to necromantic magic. Easy quest.

Magic & Dice
Although you are a necromancer, you are an accomplished wizard as well. Most magic you cast will have no modifier, but casting cantrips will be done with a +1 bonus, and certain powerful magic will have a -1 or -2 modifier. I will be using a d8 to decide the outcomes of most actions, including the casting of spells. A 1-2 means the spell failed, on a 3-4 the spell succeeded but missed the target at least partially, 5-6 is a success, and 7-8 is a great success with positive results. Anything below 1 is an epic fail and the spell backfires, and anything above 8 is an overshoot with negative results

Note: Excluding this post, this page & the following page are not relevant anymore. Please skip to the third page and continue on from the bottom posts..

Players:
conein
Name:Tallon the Necrodancer
Race: Half Lich, that used a perfume. (Destruction)
Debtor: Emperor
Bio: Tallon used to dance for the King, that never had anything better to do that watching him dance. He was a great dancer, but buying all of the perfumes to keep the smell away costed him a lot, so he danced for free. And since he earned 0 coins, and one day he learned necromancy from a wizard that wanted more than 0 coins, now he has a debt.

Generally me
Name: Jimothian the Conquering
Race: Spirit
Debtor: God
Bio: He was a bandit leader in the process of Conquering a village when he fell over and got his head stuck in a hole. Needless to say when the villagers won, they did not give him a good time. He's a bit dumb to be honest. And clumsy.

ATHATH
Name: Lord Bob
Type: Half-Lich (Transmutation Focused)
Quest Giver: LE God (The Manipulator, who appears in Hawk's Peplexicon game, if you do not know of him)
Quest: Kill King Bill
Method of Death: Bob tried to transmute himself into a dragon. He rolled a one.

Delekates
Name: Delekates
Race: Vampire
Debtor: Shaman
Bio: I am a longliver. I am from 1844y. Yea maybe some lived longer but didnt saw same age...
I died pretty early, at 1863, after what i reborned just now. Kinda hard to live again, but i feel that ill make it. Now i am kinda immortal, still i dont think ill be able to seek for revenge, guess ill need to gain my authority back, so better start goin...
No one will be able to stop me!

Magnumcannon
Name: Chorgmungnus Nyxtor Draeltharmus
Race: Half-Lich (Venom Magic)
Debtor: Xugorth, Chormugnus' evil brother who betrayed him and ascended to a god.
Bio: In his life, Chormungnus was a powerful wizard, knower of all magic and the only one who could match him in his region was his brother, Xugorth. In a stormy day, Chormungnus came running to his temple holding a bottle with a purple substance. It was the Elixir of Ascending, a rare potion that, given to the right hands, could turn a man into a god. Both of them knew they could ascend, but Xugtorth was greedy and stabbed Chormungnus to death and drank the potion. Xugorth was now a god and Chormungnus...well, a dead man.
Magnumcannon is Hibernating

Andres
Name: Kineruth
Race: Half-Lich (Psychic)
Debtor: Sidious, God of the Dark Side
Bio: A powerful mage who could control people with his mind, he was put down by the Council of High Mages for fear of his power. The dark god Sidious brought him back, and Kine now has control of both the living and the dead. His god commands him to conquer or build a kingdom that worships only Sidious.

The Moonlit Shadow
Name: Kirra
Race: Vampire
Debtor: King
Bio: Searched for dragon's all his life. Died while doing it.

ATHATH is the winner of the previous contest! You are viewing one of the many grand (monetary) awards! Go ATHATH!
There's also a character sheet if you're too lazy to make one!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:47:23 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Anything Game
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:44:33 pm »

I want to fight for the gods of CHAOS.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 11:55:45 pm »

Necromancy.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:21:41 am »

Non-minimalist Wide-Open RTD.
Example
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 01:32:03 am »

Necromancy.
This but just old standard necromancy. No twist, we are just plain evil.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 01:46:47 am »

Not pvp. I dont know, pve are so much better, but maybe its just me.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 04:33:45 am »

I want to fight for the EMPEROR!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 04:35:59 am »

lets do a god game im thinking....

devine power-how much power we got

life force-how much life we have

im not sure If I want power to be gained by worship, or gained over time

rtd god games are good, but lets do a suggestion game for it.

speaking of........I need to find that thread to bump....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:38:42 am »

mmorpg! i saw chesecake making it but it died  :-[
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 04:49:14 am »

how much effort do you want to put in the rtd anyways, tomasque?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 06:58:54 am »

Bleach game pls
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 07:25:57 am »

I want to fight for the EMPEROR!
I want to fight for WAAAAAAAGH!
10/10.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 07:38:22 am »

D-d-d double post!
 So, uh, what about a non-minimalist open world 40k game?
10/10.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 08:37:28 am »

I don't want to use the worlds of existing rpgs, nor their mechanics. People very familiar with the game could exploit that. Also - answering the question about how complicated I want it to be (or something like that)- I don't know how to put it in words. However, the more complicated it will be to take care of each player, the less players I'll allow (and vica versa). Keep up the good ideas!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 08:41:58 am »

We could be like in a tribe or something! Without the boring take food and water part!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31