Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Necromancer: The End  (Read 63805 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2015, 08:40:50 am »

I was waiting for The Moolit Shadow, but didn't realize he'd done his action. In the meantime:

Who ever posts just before I update after school today will get a monetary award in the OP.
Have fun!  :)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2015, 08:57:50 am »

GOTTA GET THAT LEGIT REWARD

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

hope wont miss it
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:29 am »

Money?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2015, 07:43:23 pm »

Turn Twenty:
conein:
Skeletons, attack them.
[2-1(QV)+1=2]
 Your minions ignore your command. If looks could kill, they'd all still be dead.
Me, more fireball action
[1-1(pinned)+1(repeat)+1=2]
 Your fireballs down't work either. Meanwhile, the two unwounded guards begin to run. The wounded one cannot move.

Andres:
Get him to take me to a dark, isolated place.
[1+6=7]
 He leads you deeper into the alley, then through a side door to the right. Inside it is pitch black, but you can see in the darkness well enough to make out a small room containing only a sleeping cloth on the ground.
Draw a runic circle on the ground.
[5-1(instant writing)+1=5]
 Since you see no chalk at hand, you form the circle using instant writing. The process makes it more difficult, and you think you might have made an error in the process. You are sure it shall work nonetheless.
Cover the circle under a rug.
The only object in this room that you could use is the sleeping cloth. You drag it over the faintly glowing runes - made more obvious by the complete darkness - until they are no longer visible.

Generally me:
Go find that priest that John was talking about.
[4]
 You wait for the carriage to enter the capital. Once inside, you search fervently. You cannot find the priest that John described, but you find a church where you think he might be located. You feel uncomfortable about entering, due to your unholy nature.
 While on holy ground, you will receive a -1 to all actions.

Generally me:
If he is in a church do not go in. Instead wait for him to come out.
[8]
 Your patience proves worthwhile, since a moment later, the priest in question leaves the building, using a side door. You walk over to him, and he smiles.
[7]
 After thinking of a convincing reason why he should follow you, you lead him into an alleyway. You take him through a door and into a room. Once you enter you see something he cannot. Through the grey darkness, you see the figures of a half-lich teeming with necromancy, and a young but dirty man whom he seems to have enthralled into his service.

The update is not done! The contest is not over! Who will win?

EDIT: This is obsolete. Please ignore it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:10:45 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »

Tell my minion to go find me a ring. Enchant the ring to enhance my mind control/suggestion powers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »

Money!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »

Turn Twenty:
conein:
Skeletons, attack them.
[2-1(QV)+1=2]
 Your minions ignore your command. If looks could kill, they'd all still be dead.
Me, more fireball action
[1-1(pinned)+1(repeat)+1=2]
 Your fireballs down't work either. Meanwhile, the two unwounded guards begin to run. The wounded one cannot move.

Andres:
Get him to take me to a dark, isolated place.
[1+6=7]
 He leads you deeper into the alley, then through a side door to the right. Inside it is pitch black, but you can see in the darkness well enough to make out a small room containing only a sleeping cloth on the ground.
Draw a runic circle on the ground.
[5-1(instant writing)+1=5]
 Since you see no chalk at hand, you form the circle using instant writing. The process makes it more difficult, and you think you might have made an error in the process. You are sure it shall work nonetheless.
Cover the circle under a rug.
The only object in this room that you could use is the sleeping cloth. You drag it over the faintly glowing runes - made more obvious by the complete darkness - until they are no longer visible. Suddenly, a spirit necromancer glides into the room, behind him is a priest who held the door for him - oblivious to the fact that it did not hinder him in any way. You feel uneasy. The spirit is definitely a necromancer, but that is not the reason. The real reason is a feeling that you can't place. Some kind of instinct telling you of a powerful, dangerous magic. Something very, very important.

Generally me:
Go find that priest that John was talking about.
[4]
 You wait for the carriage to enter the capital. Once inside, you search fervently. You cannot find the priest that John described, but you find a church where you think he might be located. You feel uncomfortable about entering, due to your unholy nature.
 While on holy ground, you will receive a -1 to all actions.
[8]
 Your patience proves worthwhile, since a moment later, the priest in question leaves the building, using a side door. You walk over to him, and he smiles.
[7]
 After thinking of a convincing reason why he should follow you, you lead him into an alleyway. You take him through a door and into a room. Once you enter you see something he cannot. Through the grey darkness, you see the figures of a half-lich teeming with necromancy, and a young but dirty man whom he seems to have enthralled into his service. The priest stands in the doorway, uncertain about entering.
Once he is out, wait till he is alone and Vonzun him.
You're too surprised to act. Only when you've fully assessed the necromancer do you realize how long you've been standing there.

Delekates:
Cast smoke and run to the carriage.
[8]
 You cast the spell in the blink of an eye, and easily out-maneuver his clumsy grasp. You jump into the rider's seat before he can respond!
"Quick! Make horses move"
Strangely, your minion does not respond. Out past the shadow, you think you can see a small pile of ash. He was thrown into the sunlight when the horses stopped!
- while saying that take an umbrella and throw at overgrown dude.
[3+2(immobile target)-1(obscured)=4]
 You notice that the your attacker is lying on the ground in the shadow, flailing his arms and legs. You take the moment to throw your umbrella at him, but you can't get a good hit because of the smoke obscuring him. The umbrella lands beside him, and a moment or so later he stops his spasm.

The Moonlit Shadow:
shove Delekates into the sunlight!
[1+2(super-stimmed)=3]
 You lunge forward, but a sudden burst of smoke detonates from where Delekates is laying, obscuring your vision and allowing her to escape. Your clumsy surge forward causes your muscles to lock, and you fall to the ground, paralyzed. As you spasmodically begin revert, an umbrella hits you in the arm, bouncing off and onto the ground beside you. Exhausted, you finally return to your regular form. The smoke shows no signs of dissipating.

ATHATH:
Walk towards town.
[8+1(heroic action)-1(scary)=8]
 When you enter town, you are treated like a hero. People look at you as you pass by and nod in your direction. You feel truly at ease. However, this feeling doesn't last long. It seems that your patron god isn't happy about your recent actions (though the GM is quite amused) and has sent you a warning. It hurts like hell itself, but soon you manage to pull the divine arrow out of your back. It is only visible to you, but the townspeople are too happy to notice you rubbing-your-back-or-whatever-that-was. You however get the message quite clear. Return to your quest or pay the price. (You can be nice to people, but please be nice to people on your way to the capital :( You are essential to the main plot.)

ATHATH has won, and the monetary award shall be given to him tomorrow! Stay tuned!
Spoiler: conein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Generally me (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Delekates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magnumcannon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andres (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Moonlit Shadow (click to show/hide)
EDIT: First, Moonlit had the umbrella. Now Delekates threw said umbrella at him. Urgh... I mixed them up so badly, I thought he had the umbrella since the beginning!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:23:55 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:17 pm »

@Generally me
"Who are you and what do you want?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2015, 01:09:48 am »

"Gosh why he died... Welp it went too hard for him."
Ride to the town. Find closest inn to the entrance. Check coach for anything valuable
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:06:53 am by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2015, 06:18:37 am »

"Oh... curse this junk"

Just remove these arrows from my body. Then fly to the room and steal that junk

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:30 am »

@Andres

Wait a second

Vonzun that Priest.

Yeah I just wanted to do that.
So I'm Rob and can you identify this ring?

Ask my Vonzun who are the most powerful lords.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:31:03 am by Generally me »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2015, 06:40:03 am »

"No, I can't identify that ring. Should I be worried at all about that priest?"

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2015, 07:06:46 am »

The priest will be fine.

But I'm curious as to why you have a hobo enthralled?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:47 am »

"That is none of your concern. Do you have any more business with me or can I get back to my work? I can assure you it will do you no harm."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31