Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 372760 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1230 on: February 08, 2016, 08:14:19 pm »

Could i be dorfed as a regular male hammerdwarf who dosn't want to be here
I fixed it for you.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Cowering in Comfort [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1231 on: February 08, 2016, 09:26:26 pm »

Sorry for not being very active, I've been piled up with school work. I can't gurantee when the next update will be, but I'm hoping to get one up in the next day or two.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 09, 2016, 01:01:33 am »

Could i be dorfed as a regular male hammerdwarf who dosn't want to be here
I fixed it for you.

Nonsense! Our state-of-the-art Terror Bunkertm represents the pinnacle of luxury and is an incomparably-amenable home for the discerning modern dwarf, which such luxuries as a fully-functioning water feature, quarantine chambers for the mentally-unwell, and no way in or out save for a triple-layered airlock! There isn't a single citizen of the Lash who wouldn't relish the privilege of staying here, especially in light of the fact that the entire surface is swamped by vageener-mouthed abominations
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 11, 2016, 03:10:30 am »

bump. Also, chaotic has between now and whenever I next get around to checking up on this to post something or else he's gettin' skipped.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 11, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »

I'm going to start work on a write up about five minutes ago out of fear that Frog will come back.

In other news, school is annoying.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 11, 2016, 08:14:40 pm »

I'm going to start work on a write up about five minutes ago out of fear that Frog will come back.

Too late. I'm actually alarmed that you hadn't even started on it despite knowing full well that you had until today/yesterday to get something up. I think I have to put my foot down at this point. chaotic skies's turn is officially over.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Turnlist Open; Sign Up Now!
« Reply #1236 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »

Alright. Have a save in like 5 minutes.
Why Why do I procrasinate so much...
Everytime I do something...
I do this to myself...
Damn Dang it...

Edit: Here's a save.

I probably will leave this for some time, if only to avoid annoying people anymore.

I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:20:27 pm by chaotic skies »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:18 pm »

Meh. I don't really hold it against you at all (I'm not in a position to do so) and I appreciate that you uploaded the current save. You just need to learn how to manage your commitments a bit better, I think.

At the risk of imposing too much, I would like a brief summary of what you did in the interim between your last update and the save you uploaded.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1238 on: February 12, 2016, 05:56:02 pm »

Meh. I don't really hold it against you at all (I'm not in a position to do so) and I appreciate that you uploaded the current save. You just need to learn how to manage your commitments a bit better, I think.

At the risk of imposing too much, I would like a brief summary of what you did in the interim between your last update and the save you uploaded.

Mr. Frog, I think you go over the top sometimes. There is few players as is. don't make less. Is my dwarf still alive?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 12, 2016, 06:15:28 pm »

Mr. Frog, I think you go over the top sometimes. There is few players as is. don't make less. Is my dwarf still alive?

Your dwarf, along with 95% of the previous fortress's population (not an exaggeration, surprisingly), is dead. Taupe's turn was epic.

And I stand by my decision. Having to wait upwards of a week between updates was starting to makes things drag a bit and was generally really sapping my enthusiasm for the fort, so I'd rather just chance it by putting the fort up for grabs for a couple weeks and then officially give it a proper send-off if there are no takers (which is certainly a possibility, this wasn't really the best-run fort and the version's heavily-obsolete) rather then let things kinda disintegrate until I finally lose interest entirely and leave it to moulder. I've seen forts end that way and it's really disappointing when it happens, lol.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 12, 2016, 09:07:38 pm »

Honestly very little changed. I had it open for like 5 minutes, and wrote what you saw, and intended to finish it. And then life happened and everything exploded, as my life periodically does. Anything I writ from here on out will either be "Oh noes everyone's dead and stuff" or "Aw man they kicked me out of overseer position." Sorry if I let anyone down. Terrible habit. I'm told it's a side effect of something or other, but whatever.

On a side note, I'm going to go procrastinate my life away until I'm 60, living in a box in New York, and die from a drug overdose.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:09 am »

I'm having a look around; everything's good; still ghosts everywhere. Probably related to that sweet corpse stockpile we've decided we need in the center of base camp right next to the booze. Looks like I was the last one to make coffins. Wooden and stone furniture production is booming though. His Gaudiness would be less red if we could just slip a wooden shield in there. General moral could probably be raised by re-starting the mist generator - it's power gear was switched off.
The debacle over the blue-lever controlled water-supply bridge came down to the lever just needed a second pull to open it up. With the unlimited water supply re-established mining the spire could re-commence - if only the work site wasn't filled with memorial slabs. I might as well order the damn things moved since I've already un-paused. Better get that shield ordered up as well.

If we only had a plan to re-take the surface. Some of the Greater Spawn have migrated to 20 z-levels above the surface, we cannot win.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 13, 2016, 12:47:45 am »

I'm not sure which is more alarming; the fact that, knowing this thread, we will raise children to be super soldiers and retake the surface, or the fact that we didn't have a plan to retake the surface.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 13, 2016, 03:21:25 am »

The persistence of the three FB's constantly probing around our walls in the caverns is quite alarming as well. Also there may have been some accidental podular flooding but just think of it as farmable hallways.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:59 am »

Oh god what happened?

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 140