Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377728 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Literally Begging For Players
« Reply #1545 on: May 01, 2016, 11:56:37 pm »

I'd steal it, but, ah...I don't have the best track record with succession forts. Especially this one. So I'll leave this to someone who can actually get stuff done within a week.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 02, 2016, 12:07:53 am »

RL has died down a bit on my end, I might be able to take a second crack at the fort, but first I would like to finished putting together my new computer which assuming the worst shouldn't take longer then a week.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 02, 2016, 12:34:39 am »

I'd steal it, but, ah...I don't have the best track record with succession forts. Especially this one. So I'll leave this to someone who can actually get stuff done within a week.

Okay, I promised myself not to respond to self-flagellation since I don't want to encourage it, but fuck it.

a) Deliberately avoiding making commitments will not help you get better at keeping them. I'm not sure if the reverse holds true but

b) You actually handled your turn fairly-well, considering. Uploading your save after being skipped was responsible of you, and it took courage to come back and acknowledge your error after fucking up rather than just vanishing into the ether, never to be seen again.

RL has died down a bit on my end, I might be able to take a second crack at the fort, but first I would like to finished putting together my new computer which assuming the worst shouldn't take longer then a week.

Sweet. I'll just go ahead and pop you on the Turn List of Doom.

Also, with Puzzle apparently vanishing and his turn likely being annulled, I now officially have completely lost track of who's been dorfed or not. *eye twitches* YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

E: Finally, I have tentatively removed Taupe from the turnlist in light of the Dryer Incident's continued fallout, although I encourage him to re-enlist whenever he is able and willing to do so because shit was fucking hyyyyyype
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:42:34 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 02, 2016, 08:45:07 am »

The new laundry room should be operational this week, and my computer has been repaired. I'll be on vacation for a week starting next monday. I plan on using the bulk of it to prepare for a small concert but I should have the time to dive into the save in my spare moments. I have a hard time ignoring the idea of child weaponization.

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 02, 2016, 09:17:40 pm »

Sorry about the inactivity, guys. I was just really damn bored of the fortress, wasn't very interested. You can put the fortress up for grabs, that's fine with me.

also why the fuck are you guys having a discussion about how to kill the children? you guys seem to be really into it, i was just going to starve them and be done with it.
Puzzlebark, Basement Dweller cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by real life.

Read (or possibly add to) the story of Beerboiled!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 02, 2016, 10:10:04 pm »

We're not killing them. We're turning into vicious killers (the fast way, of course!) to take care of the hellspawn infecting our fortress :P

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 02, 2016, 10:50:11 pm »

We're not killing them. We're turning into vicious killers (the fast way, of course!) to take care of the hellspawn infecting our fortress :P
#Pragmatism

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 03, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »

I'm usually a pretty nice person to my dwarves, and would never consider such a thing, but:
1. We're doomed
2. That means the kids are doomed
3. If they're going to die anyway they might as well take some of the enemy with them.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 04, 2016, 07:36:16 am »

When in doubt, turn doom into a feedback loop. of more doom.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 04, 2016, 08:01:10 am »

I am now less busy, so my situation has changed.
I would take over this, but i am terrible at this game. Not a noob, just absalutely terrible at it. Actually, that's even better! I'll try to take over if we survive the greater spawn vs. Former children turn.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 04, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »

I would take over this, but i am terrible at this game. Not a noob, just absalutely terrible at it. Actually, that's even better! I'll try to take over if we survive the greater spawn vs. Former children turn.

You could honestly just go ahead and take a turn now if you want; neither Aldra nor Taupe can take a turn right yet and I want to get this horrible, blood-and-vomit-encrusted ball rolling again.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »

You could honestly just go ahead and take a turn now if you want; neither Aldra nor Taupe can take a turn right yet and I want to get this horrible, blood-and-vomit-encrusted ball rolling again.

I am fine if he goes now, it would be nice, if we could get this writhing monstrosity off the ground again. It will probably be another 2 or 3 days at best before I can take up my turn.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 06, 2016, 02:59:07 am »

I am fine if he goes now, it would be nice, if we could get this writhing monstrosity off the ground again. It will probably be another 2 or 3 days at best before I can take up my turn.
Oh god.
Fine.
Fine.
FIIIIIIIIIINE.
I Shall take over.
Excpect updates at ungodly hours of the morning/night.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 06, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »

Oh god.
Fine.
Fine.
FIIIIIIIIIINE.
I Shall take over.
Excpect updates at ungodly hours of the morning/night.

Wouldn't have it any other way, dude.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 06, 2016, 04:31:53 pm »

I'm more amazed when there are updates at normal times, tbh :P

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 140