Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379030 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1785 on: June 20, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

meaty with a good length

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Depending on the situation, I may even experiment with some voice acting.

You do realise that this comes at the risk at least one of my journals being narrated in my mumbly bronchitis-groan, right?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:42:32 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 20, 2016, 03:55:23 pm »

You do realise that this comes at the risk at least one of my journals being narrated in my mumbly bronchitis-groan, right?

So you got, uh, a Youtube channel or something? I wonder if I could hear your croak voice somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:00:58 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 20, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

So you got, uh, a Youtube channel or something? I wonder if I could hear your croak voice somewhere.

No Youtube channel. I have a Soundcloud from when the Spearbreakers thread went on a voice-acting fad but I can't remember the username or password (and most of that stuff's really old and cringey anyways). According to The Master I sound like a chain smoker.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 20, 2016, 04:05:47 pm »

According to The Master I sound like a chain smoker.
I don't remember saying that, but I do remember saying that I had assumed you'd sound much different than I thought you would.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 20, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »

No Youtube channel. I have a Soundcloud from when the Spearbreakers thread went on a voice-acting fad but I can't remember the username or password (and most of that stuff's really old and cringey anyways). According to The Master I sound like a chain smoker.

Oh wait, I think I heard one of gnome*Mr Frog's journals from Spearbreakers you'd posted a long time ago. I was reading Talvi's pdf at that time.

By the way, sorry for derail- I was gonna ask if I could actually participate in new Spearbreakers having read like half of it a good while ago and knowing like a probable third of it's lore. Also, my fiction writing sucks, but it concerns me less then me being an ingnorant oursider of some kind.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:13:44 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 20, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »

According to The Master I sound like a chain smoker.
I don't remember saying that, but I do remember saying that I had assumed you'd sound much different than I thought you would.

It was more recent, in the Discord chat, lol -- it wasn't really a serious comment, more along the lines of "so like do you smoke or drink really heavily or something?". I might be misremembering.

Oh wait, I think I heard one of gnome*Mr Frog's journals from Spearbreakers you'd posted a long time ago. I was reading Talvi's pdf at that time.

By the way, sorry for derail- I was gonna ask if I could actually participate in new Spearbreakers having read like half of it a good while ago and knowing like a probable third of it's lore.

Probably should ask that in the actual Spearbreakers thread. FWIW, I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone who participates to have read the entire thing, considering that the thread is over 800 pages long at this point.

E: Also aaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaa you just made me remember those awful journal readings I did oh my god i'm cringing myself inside-out

E2:
I had assumed you'd sound much different than I thought you would.
So... what exactly do people expect me to sound like? This is bugging me more than it should.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:24:59 pm by Mr Frog »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 20, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

I don't really remember now, but I wasn't expecting anything weird about it. So I was not surprised. Maybe it was a bit lower than I'd presumed it would be, and it was dead serious.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 20, 2016, 05:25:16 pm »

So... what exactly do people expect me to sound like? This is bugging me more than it should.
I expected you to sound British and possibly croak periodically.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 20, 2016, 06:58:57 pm »

What do you mean you don't have a Youtube Channel? Everyone should have one.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 20, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »

I expected you to sound British and possibly croak periodically.

lol, fair enough.

What do you mean you don't have a Youtube Channel? Everyone should have one.

No talent to make videos with and no interest in participating in the no-holds-barred clusterfuck that is Youtube Comments.

E: To be completely honest, I have always wanted to try making LPs, but I have a fairly-bad stutter tend to stammer a bit when under pressure and lack a quiet environment for making videos.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:17:29 pm by Mr Frog »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 20, 2016, 07:19:01 pm »

E: To be completely honest, I have always wanted to try making LPs, but I have a fairly-bad stutter tend to stammer a bit when under pressure and lack a quiet environment for making videos.
Yeah, it's hard to get a dedicated room/spot to get a decent sound. I'm lucky to be able to extract my soundtrack directly from a digital recording, but before I edit it the video contains neighbours explaining spaghetti sauce recipees and/or their latest one night stands in the background. Or mario kart racing noises.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 20, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »

I have one, but never had anything I could do with it.

And the VA thing was from when the thread could feasibly be voiced - Prior to absolute fucking disaster. Y'know, kinda like what this place has become (though in a much nicer way.)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 20, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »

And the VA thing was from when the thread could feasibly be voiced - Prior to absolute fucking disaster. Y'know, kinda like what this place has become (though in a much nicer way.)
We have demons, but also manners.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 21, 2016, 03:14:56 pm »

Oh hey, have just found your old Soundcloud account. Just three entries tho. The first one sounds somewhat different from others, more... Natural? The journals are much more tense-sounding.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 21, 2016, 04:28:08 pm »

To be compared to Spearbreakers in any sort of positive manner is an honor and a blessing.

Oh hey, have just found your old Soundcloud account. Just three entries tho. The first one sounds somewhat different from others, more... Natural? The journals are much more tense-sounding.

put that thing back where it came from or so help me (SO HELP ME)

IIRC the first one was literally just me talking normally, whereas in the journals I was in-character as gnome!Mr Frog and was trying to affect a more gruff, harsh manner of speaking, which... probably wasn't helped by the fact that I was legitimately nervous as fuck about having my voice recorded (I hate the sound of my own voice lolololol)

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 140