Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379398 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Things Are As Bad As They Seem
« Reply #1905 on: July 10, 2016, 11:47:26 pm »

GYAHAHAHA

It's funny because the exact strategy you suggested was floated a few times and I actually did mention this then. But I was so distracted with my Braveworks turn that I never got around to warning you. Which I suppose is a fitting way for this place to die.

Well fuck. I'm not going down without a fight. As it turns out, I think you partially goofed up; because its a werebeast curse, even if the entire fort become spawn who won't change back, it will not crumble to its end (he's listed as berserk, not an enemy). Let the good times roll.

The fool ripped the weaponsmith in training apart. He's working on dismembering His Guadiness ...

EDIT:

RIP.

EDIT 2: Clobbermountains STANDS. I lost 8 beards including the king.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

OH MY GOD I AM LITERALLY IN SHOCK

E: Guess I'm gonna need to get out those last couple journals I had in the works for him quickly, huh? :p
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1906 on: July 10, 2016, 11:53:13 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOO

OH MY GOD I AM LITERALLY IN SHOCK

See? That's what happens when your modding is a bit too brutal ;). Of course, you put him in a fortress with a player whose powered by masterwork anti-horseshoe. It's more shocking I didn't loose the entire fortress.

Incidentally, he would have died of old age in two years.

Course, I do have a backup right before this silliness happened. And if this was a newer DF, I could kill the spawn with siege weaponry since they finally shoot straight. Sadly, I don't know the offsets to fix it in this one.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 10, 2016, 11:56:46 pm »

Course, I do have a backup right before this silliness happened. And if this was a newer DF, I could kill the spawn with siege weaponry since they finally shoot straight. Sadly, I don't know the offsets to fix it in this one.

No lol, his death was 100% fair. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Even still, ooooOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I am genuinely fucking mourning an imaginary person formed by a collection of switches on a computer. I am officially in too deep, bro.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 11, 2016, 12:00:01 am »

Swordbro is seeping into your speech patterns.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1909 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:59 am »

I'm resuming play, but deferring the writeup until tomorrow so Mr. Frog has time to write His Gaudiness's last journal entries. I've abandoned hell for now and the entire fortress is dedicated TO KILLING THOSE SPAWN. Bring on the siege engines. They can only scream over 30 tiles. Capaults can shoot for over 100 tiles.

EDIT: DFHack has a plugin that fixes siege engines in this version. BRING IT.

EDIT 2: 9 migrants arrived. 9 migrants died to kobolds of all things because no one would pull the lever to let them through the airlock.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:36:18 am by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 11, 2016, 02:08:49 am »

He was truly the best king.

#MadeClobbermountainsgreatagain

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 11, 2016, 02:20:09 am »

Wait the fool nearly killed the fort, He was my voice in my last turn. He went to so much trouble to recover the bits of the upper fortress and he nearly killed it both on my turn and now. Olon really got stuff done, I will miss him. :P

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1912 on: July 11, 2016, 02:44:43 am »

I've got ballista and capaults loaded, but having issues getting operators trained. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm happy with the way my turn is coming out overall, and I worry I'm not up to this forts standards. I did get a pretty epic artifact mail plate though ...

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 11, 2016, 04:22:35 am »

Oh boy, poor king. Erib the one-armed tyrant, son of Urvad the Invicta! You led this fortress through it's times of glory and prosperity, through the times of struggle and misery, and you've never let your people down!... Too much.

Gotta bring in a story too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:28:29 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 11, 2016, 11:39:42 am »

Swordbro is seeping into your speech patterns.

It's cute that y'all think I'm roleplaying as Swordbro.

Spoiler: Hint: (click to show/hide)

I've got ballista and capaults loaded, but having issues getting operators trained. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm happy with the way my turn is coming out overall, and I worry I'm not up to this forts standards. I did get a pretty epic artifact mail plate though ...

E: HOLY SHIT FORMATTING FUCK-UP

Anyways

These are the quickest updates we've gotten in a long, long time. You're doing good, I'd think.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:42:02 am by Mr Frog »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 11, 2016, 04:05:29 pm »

E: Got one more after this, after which we will return to our regularly-scheduled programming.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:09:21 pm by Mr Frog »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1916 on: July 11, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »

I'm deferring more playing until the King's updates go up. I rather not write up an entire year in a single go. I've played through to Autumn, and am on track to finish my turn tomorrow.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 11, 2016, 06:04:01 pm »

Dang son, decent writing and timeliness? You're obviously trying to be an overachiever.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1918 on: July 11, 2016, 06:06:10 pm »

Dang son, decent writing and timeliness? You're obviously trying to be an overachiever.

What can I say? I eat old forts for breakfast, and make !!shit!! and !!carnage!!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 11, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »

At this point achieving things is an overachievement.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 140