Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379606 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- RISE FROM THE FRIGGIN ASHES
« Reply #2055 on: August 11, 2016, 02:32:47 pm »

So I've been looking around the fortress before I actually start my turn, and I have absolutely no clue which parts of the fortress proper are not vulnerable to forgotten-beast related fuckery.

But yeah, my plan for my turn is pretty much going to be to reclaim the surface before new spawn, goblins, or banshees show up.

On a side note, this is the best bronze colossus name ever.

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 12, 2016, 01:45:02 am »

So I've been looking around the fortress before I actually start my turn, and I have absolutely no clue which parts of the fortress proper are not vulnerable to forgotten-beast related fuckery.

There were two forgotten beasts on the loose, and I started digging a staircase to reach those two just at the end of my turn. They can be disposed of easily.

On a side note, this is the best bronze colossus name ever.

I wonder if Besa Torridwoman the colossi slayer was actually a man.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 12, 2016, 12:36:46 pm »

I think a legit project someone could work in would be somehow simplifying the fortress layout or at the very least making it easier to determine which areas are connected to which.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 12, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »

I think a legit project someone could work in would be somehow simplifying the fortress layout or at the very least making it easier to determine which areas are connected to which.

Well, the problem is that everything is so confusing that it would be impossible to make anything clear short of carving out huge words describing what everything is.

...actually there's an idea. Hmm...
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 12, 2016, 12:52:43 pm »

Well, the problem is that everything is so confusing that it would be impossible to make anything clear short of carving out huge words describing what everything is.

Notes are your friend, brah.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 12, 2016, 02:13:57 pm »

Notes are your friend, brah.

...Eh. I never really use notes too much in my own fortresses, because I tend to color-code the crap out of everything.

Also: What the hell is the magma-corridor thing in the upper fortress? It's billowing out magma mist and therefore worrying me.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 12, 2016, 02:45:14 pm »

It was almost a lever-controlled, impulse ramp driven minecart-drop magma-mist banshee incinerator hallway but one of the greater spawn released to kill the banshees broke all the floor hatches that would have controlled it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:47:47 pm by Crashmaster »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 15, 2016, 05:37:38 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates y'all. I'm kinda assuming that everyone doesn't what essentially amounts to a ton of updates describing my redesigning choices, so I'm just gonna make a huge write-up once the year is over.

Does that sound good? Or should I do more than a single mega-update?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 15, 2016, 05:42:50 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates y'all. I'm kinda assuming that everyone doesn't what essentially amounts to a ton of updates describing my redesigning choices, so I'm just gonna make a huge write-up once the year is over.

Multiple updates are best, particularly because I have the attention span of a trout and reading through a bunch of small updates is a lot easier for me. (Bit selfish but hey.)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 15, 2016, 06:31:22 pm »

Multiple updates are best, particularly because I have the attention span of a trout and reading through a bunch of small updates is a lot easier for me. (Bit selfish but hey.)

Thing is, the way this is turning out means that all of my updates will literally be exactly the same (i.e., "these staircases were connected and this was connected and this was walled up and so on and so forth").

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 15, 2016, 08:54:39 pm »

Thing is, the way this is turning out means that all of my updates will literally be exactly the same (i.e., "these staircases were connected and this was connected and this was walled up and so on and so forth").

I just want an update, even if it's a bit insubstantial. You're a creative dude. You can make it work.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 15, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »

I just want an update, even if it's a bit insubstantial. You're a creative dude. You can make it work.

...eh. I can probably get one typed up tomorrow.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 22, 2016, 01:33:23 am »

:/

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 22, 2016, 10:37:33 am »

:/

Oh shit, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about it.

...shit. This is rather embarrassing, but I completely forgot about the fort. When I signed up, I had a free space in my work in a week's time after that point. And I completely forgot about everything. Shit. I'm so sorry. I'll try to get something up as soon as possible.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 22, 2016, 11:40:52 am »

You're fine, as long as it happens eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140