Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379614 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45:08 pm »

Also I should probably point out for the sake of avoiding nasty surprises that Spawn have TRAPAVOID, but I won't because I want to see the look on y'alls faces.
Did... you expect us not to know this?  Because anyone who has read Syrupleaf knows this.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2015, 04:59:41 pm »

Also I should probably point out for the sake of avoiding nasty surprises that Spawn have TRAPAVOID, but I won't because I want to see the look on y'alls faces.
Did... you expect us not to know this?  Because anyone who has read Syrupleaf knows this.
Oh no! I didn't know that there was preliminary reading I had to do! I'm sooooo behind! D:
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2015, 05:04:46 pm »

Oh no! I didn't know that there was preliminary reading I had to do! I'm sooooo behind! D:

I dunno really what was the starting point of all that. Headshoots, maybe? It feels like the term "Overseer" came to use back then, although I'm not really sure.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:11:10 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2015, 05:59:14 pm »

@Ribbon, Lisard, everyone:

Totally loving the journals! Keep it up! Although, I'm getting a bit worried about Ribbon.

@Splint:

May I submit that we set up some cage traps? I'm not sure exactly what Ribbonfree's planning to do with her turn, but I'd imagine she'd appreciate having some live subjects to work with.

Eh? What's wrong with Ribbon?

I plan to DESTROY ALL WORLDS Don't feel the need to cage stuff, I have bigger and more likely to fail plans in mind.

Also damn ok, I only know the Spawn through Headshoots, never actually read what they did when modded in.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2015, 07:13:07 pm »

TBH I already put everything y'all should need to know in the OP (assuming you actually are worried and aren't just taking the piss, which... I don't feel like puzzling out right now). There was a fortress called Headshoots where a dwarven heroine named Holistic_Detective was corrupted into a monster and cast into Hell, sometime after which her mutated quasi-dwarven Spawn overran the world. That is pretty much the tall and short of it, or at least what's remotely-relevant to the fort (I don't expect the Spawn's origins to actually come up). I really don't want this to become a continuity nightmare where you need to read like 3-4 different forts just to understand what's going on, lol

Also @4maskwolf I decided it was best not to assume that everyone who signed up for this has read (or fully-remembers) Syrupleaf just because we happen to have the Spawn (which are really just here because a] I already had them lying around fully-functioning in my modding folder and b] I think they're cool, lol). Hell, I don't even think it's a good idea to assume that everyone that's signed up for a fort has even read the OP :V

Eh? What's wrong with Ribbon?

I dunno lol, you tell me:

[The entry abruptly stops here.]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:15:55 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Ribbonfree

• Bay Watcher
  • we 【=◈︿◈=】 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2015, 07:19:53 pm »

Oh lol. Probably not clear due to my narrative choice, mb. That's her getting interrupted in her writing the day the Spawn first show.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:19 pm »

I choose to believe in the alternate reality where Hollistic_detective died to a drowning wrestling adventurer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2015, 07:48:07 pm »

I believe Overseer extends back to fabled Boatmurdered. I'd have to check.

As to the spawn, I don't believe they were ever [TRAPAVOID] creatures, it's just that Syrupleaf didn't have the sheer materials needed to make grinder halls (nor did they really need such a thing for mundane threats like goblins, who routinely got punted 2+screens away to explode into giblets by champions like Tehsid and Sirocco.)

I'll have to check the old story to see, and I might be right since I was right about them having most normal vulnerabilities (stunning, nausea, brain damage,) sans blood loss, possibly needing air, and pain.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »

As to the spawn, I don't believe they were ever [TRAPAVOID] creatures, it's just that Syrupleaf didn't have the sheer materials needed to make grinder halls (nor did they really need such a thing for mundane threats like goblins, who routinely got punted 2+screens away to explode into giblets by champions like Tehsid and Sirocco.)

I'll have to check the old story to see, and I might be right since I was right about them having most normal vulnerabilities (stunning, nausea, brain damage,) sans blood loss, possibly needing air, and pain.

I believe you already checked and confirmed that they were in fact vulnerable to stunning, nausea and brain damage/decapitation, none of which affect them in my version. Can't remember about pain, although I am quite confident that they never required air due to the fact that they attempted to enter Syrupleaf through one of their magma moats (which caused them to burn to death, but that's another story). I think I took quite a few liberties with them in order to make them scarier for Spearbreakers, as DF2010's armor rewrite was not kind to creatures that rely on biting and claws to attack. (The nausea/stunning bit was a legit reading comprehension fail on my part, though.)

Spoiler: A Secret Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:02:21 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2015, 08:22:26 pm »

Nah they were trapavoid.  It wasn't mentioned until like right at the end, though, when they set up a pressure-plate triggered trap and the spawn ran right over it without triggering it.  Also, goblins never invaded them as far as I can recall: just the spawn and, much later, frost giants.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2015, 08:36:46 pm »

Nah they were trapavoid.  It wasn't mentioned until like right at the end, though, when they set up a pressure-plate triggered trap and the spawn ran right over it without triggering it.  Also, goblins never invaded them as far as I can recall: just the spawn and, much later, frost giants.

I'm fairly certain goblins and sand raiders attacked them. But see, this is why I intend to reread it, so I can take notes. :v

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:07 pm »

I'm fairly certain goblins and sand raiders attacked them. But see, this is why I intend to reread it, so I can take notes. :v
Still have yet to finish syrupleaf, almost done though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:47:42 pm by mikethete »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »

Devoted the rest of today to brainstorming mod ideas for the Elf Invasion mod. A sort of Yeti race is going to guard the tundras, taigas, and glaciers of the world with steelgrade gear.

Also fiddling with some New Vegas mod stuff; me and a buddy are late as fuck to the party, but since 4 is using an updated version of the Creation engine (Skyrim's engine,) which was just an updated Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, 3 and NV,) most of what we've learned will carry over pretty well. Biggest issue for anything we wanna do is getting Voice Actors.

Will likely polish off my turn tomorrow/late today.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2015, 11:59:45 pm »

Jeff's Journal, Entry 5:
Dude! There's one of those freaky monster things outside. Man, this is not good! I've heard legends of those things, and how they can, like, tear a dwarf apart. I sure hope that he hasn't brought any of his bros along; that'd be real bad. If that happens, I sure hope that I don't get hurt.

Devoted the rest of today to brainstorming mod ideas for the Elf Invasion mod. A sort of Yeti race is going to guard the tundras, taigas, and glaciers of the world with steelgrade gear.

Also fiddling with some New Vegas mod stuff; me and a buddy are late as fuck to the party, but since 4 is using an updated version of the Creation engine (Skyrim's engine,) which was just an updated Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, 3 and NV,) most of what we've learned will carry over pretty well. Biggest issue for anything we wanna do is getting Voice Actors.
That's neat, but does that have anything whatsoever to do with this thread?
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2015, 12:31:38 am »

Jeff's Journal, Entry 5:
Dude! There's one of those freaky monster things outside. Man, this is not good! I've heard legends of those things, and how they can, like, tear a dwarf apart. I sure hope that he hasn't brought any of his bros along; that'd be real bad. If that happens, I sure hope that I don't get hurt.

That's neat, but does that have anything whatsoever to do with this thread?

It explains why I didn't have anything of note to report in any way shape or form today, Mr. Snippy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140