Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 377775 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Jungle Fever!
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:19 pm »

@Mr. Frog: Wow. Jeff is NAWT a hippy.

Sorry about that. orz  Kinda figured I'd get into trouble at some point since I was putting so many words into peoples' mouths with my updates.

I can go back and fix it if it's really bugging you. Do you have any suggestions regarding what he'd actually say?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:44 pm »

Aww come on, every group needs one guy like that.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2015, 10:21:05 pm »

Aww come on, every group needs one guy like that.

Meh, it's their character and if that's not how they want them portrayed I'm cool with that.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 10:35:13 pm »

On a lighter note, I am actually baffled that I didn't know shields could be made of wood, as "make wooden shield" is literally the first option at the carpenter's shop...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

Yup, yup it is. The main issue tho, is when you make them and don't upgrade fast enough, and your best military dwarves become ''attached'' to a +wooden shield+ and won't switch to anything better.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »

I don't think it matters, though? Like, I am the last guy to ask about DF's military system, but I think a shield's material doesn't actually impact its performance at all. Splint would need to corroborate this before I'm willing to take it as gospel, though.

Come to think of it, wooden shields might actually be better as wood is much lighter than metal, which means dwarves will be encumbered less when wielding it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 10:56:08 pm »

Yup, yup it is. The main issue tho, is when you make them and don't upgrade fast enough, and your best military dwarves become ''attached'' to a +wooden shield+ and won't switch to anything better.

Well, unless you manually strip it from them. And since it's easier to level a carpenter than it is to level an armorer, it's easy to have a carpenter consistently belch out masterwork and excellent wood shields

I don't think it matters, though? Like, I am the last guy to ask about DF's military system, but I think a shield's material doesn't actually impact its performance at all. Splint would need to corroborate this before I'm willing to take it as gospel, though.

Come to think of it, wooden shields might actually be better as wood is much lighter than metal, which means dwarves will be encumbered less when wielding it.

Material only matters at present when the shield is used offensively. So if weight or materials are a concern, wooden shields are the way to go.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:14 am »

Sorry about that. orz  Kinda figured I'd get into trouble at some point since I was putting so many words into peoples' mouths with my updates.

I can go back and fix it if it's really bugging you. Do you have any suggestions regarding what he'd actually say?
Naw, you don't have to go back and change anything, just remember that he is most-certainly NAWT one of those damn dirty hippies responsible for us losing Vietnam. I was going for more of a stoner-vibe, tbh.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2015, 02:10:06 am »

This sounds fun, and I've been looking for an excuse to delve back into 34.11 for a while now. May I perchance be added to the turn list?

I'd also like to be dorfed ahead of time. If you can find a quiet dwarf who keeps to himself, that'd work, but I'd prefer to be male in any case and not in the military (since I'd like him to survive to my turn at least). Name him Tankard.

I shall look forward to this.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:15 am »

No deaths during the first two seasons? Well this is going better than I expected.
Could you please include my dwarfs Traits and personality screen during the next writeup, if it's not to much trouble?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 05:15:00 am »

Can I have a dwarf too? Name her Lizzy (Lazarus if male), with the custom job title, "Janitor". So, basically, any non-military dwarf will do. I probably won't do much writing, but if you wish to add them to the story, here's some notes:

She's quite unemotional, if not mildly autistic. Lizzy spends most of her time doing cleaning duties around and outside the fortress, far from other dwarves. She's quite smart and has a sence humor, but lacks any useful skills exept for ones that help her with being a janitor. And she's also suicidally brave, because of reasons.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:10 am »

I would like a dwarf, a male smith of some kind named Wolf.  I'll give you more story things when I get inspiration, but he tends to be the quiet type.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2015, 03:07:41 pm »

Ahhh people are actually getting interested in this; I legit was not prepared for that

Dorfing and turn list has been updated, autumn playthrough shall resume once I do some last-minute testing (just need to see if dwarves crippled by banshee screams will be rescued and hospitalised properly; if not, some emergency modding may be needed to prevent those affected from dying of thirst -- this literally only just now occurred to me)

E: Testing has concluded; crippled dwarves are not properly hospitalised, but as other dwarves still appear able to give them food and drink the worst this causes is constant job-cancellation spam. No action will be taken, although I apologise in advance for the annoyance.

E2: False alarm, affected dwarves are hospitalised properly; I just messed up and forgot to actually mark the beds as being in a hospital area :V  Sometimes I enjoy being wrong

No deaths during the first two seasons? Well this is going better than I expected.
Could you please include my dwarfs Traits and personality screen during the next writeup, if it's not to much trouble?

Yep, yep.

We would've had a fatality if that fisherdwarf hadn't gotten ridiculously-lucky. *pouts*

E: Finished the Autumn playthrough; dorfed mikethete, pisskop, Monitor_Lisard, 4maskwolf, and ImagoDeo. It was extremely uneventful, though I did manage to immolate a fishery worker in the process of setting up the magma forges, which should prove amusingly-traumatic for my dwarf.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:39:35 am by Mr Frog »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »

At this point just dwarf me  as anything if you cant find a relevant dude

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2015, 04:15:07 pm »

At this point just dwarf me  as anything if you cant find a relevant dude

Sure, although... it's only been two seasons :V  There's lots of time. Probably seems like more since I've been going so slowly, though.

Autumn writeup is about a third done. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday, so I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140