Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 378092 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2015, 03:53:53 am »

Not only I am totally ok with this, but I will scream like a fangirl if you do so. Really, I would enjoy to see your variant of Blackwood, although I hardly provided any images of him.

Also, in this context blood magic stuff is not OP. I mean, it's just the thing that righteous elves try to avoid, like setting trees on fire or stabbing animals with sharp things.

You've provided a description and a back-view of him. This should be sufficient, although it'll probably come out looking not quite how you're imagining. He and the Captain will be drawn after His Gaudiness (maybe Tobul, too, but I don't think people care as much about her.)

Still not quite sure what blood magic is (for some reason I've gotten it in my head that it's just what elves call it when their innate nature/life-manipulating abilities are used blasphemously) but as long as you have some kind of limitations on it I can roll with it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2015, 08:58:20 am »

@Splint:

I read your piece and I loved basically everything about it except the dwarf-speak, which just made me feel annoyed that I didn't actually know what they were saying. Might have been better to just make the first one in Dwarven and translate the rest while indicating they were still speaking Old Dwarven.

E:

Might do sketches of Blackie and the Captain if their respective owners are okay with it. Maybe. If I feel like it.

I'll bear it in mind should you guys want a follow-up. I just enjoy chances to use the in-game language, which isn't that often.

Be glad I even bothered to give you guys a translation, I was gonna make you guys have to figure out what the hell they were saying on your own. :P

If you wanna take a crack at The Captain, go right ahead.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2015, 10:03:34 am »

>theories on the captain

Is he a friend of the transdimentional twin of a dwarven incarnation of a clone of a relative of a long-lost avatar of Fischers right boot?
This is now (head)can(nn)on.
He just needs to demonstrate martial dentistry.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

I've also started work on the final solution

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »

Finally our fort will be rid of lesser beings. And puppies.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 30, 2015, 03:45:35 pm »

Finally our fort will be rid of lesser beings. And puppies.
Especially the puppies.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 30, 2015, 08:02:24 pm »

Reached Summer, expect a write up about spring Tomorrow

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 30, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »

*cue M. Bison "YES!!*

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:20 am »

*cue M. Bison "YES!!*

Don't be lazy now. The music is what sells it!

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2015, 01:31:50 pm »

1st Granite 205 pisskopp unceremoniously handed me the role of fortress overseer today, not sure what he saw in me though, after all I'm just the best damn speardwarf in the fortress.

4th Granite 205 I had some silver spikes commissioned for no real reason and had the miners start work on the Gas Chambers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

9th Granite 205 We seem to have a minor Giant Cave Spider problem, He's killed one of our Bowyers and is working on a Lumberdwarf as I write this.

[15th Granite 205 The minor GCS problem has been upgraded to a major one, damn thing killed lizzy and 3-4 other dwarves before our brave marksdwarves littered it with bolts. Did I mention that 26 stupid dwarves got stuck trying to help one of the spiders victims but the spider was still munching on a jeweler and had not yet reached the 26 who were stuck trying to help said jeweler

19th Granite 205 A disgruntled swordsdwarf whose name I think was Domas tried to kill me today, luckily I was aware and jumped out of the way his squad mate, however, was not as lucky.

27th Granite 205 One of our marksdwarves sunk into a deep depression.

12th Slate 205 As I was walking past the barracks one of our macedwarves passed by me while babbling incoherently

16th Slate 205 Yet another member of our militia, this time a speardwarf, sunk into a deep depression

17th Slate 205 One of the children seemed to be acting strangely and locked himself into a craftsdwarf's workshop

24th Slate 205 The child has emerged from the workshop holding up a bin made of bone

Felsite

8th Felsite 205 Wolf, one of our militia captains, went berserk and had to be put down.

14th Felsite 205 Work on the gas chambers suffered a major setback when the Mist reached the chambers too early catching a ranger,doctor, and Herder along with all the puppies.

18th Felsite 205 I get word that a large group of banshees have arrived, and right after the Elven Caravan got set up at that, I order all available squads to meet them at the depot.

21st Felsite 205 One of the Banshees manages to get past the fighting and into the fortress, before it can be disposed of it manages to kill Ribbon

24th Felsite 205 The Banshees have all run off after witnessing the ease at which they were slaughtered in the depot although not without the loss of both a macedwarf and a hammerdwarf.

(Sorry about the lack of pictures, this is the first succession fort I have done)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:27:11 am by mikethete »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »

((The pictures are, AFAIK, good, but they should be on their own lines/possibly in spoilers if you want/one alignment.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 31, 2015, 03:42:47 pm »

(Sorry about the lack of pictures, this is the first succession fort I have done)

I try to make a habit of screencapping absolutely every little stupid thing just in case I'll need it for the writeup. It's a bit tedious, but it's better to have a bunch of screenies I won't actually use than to not have one that I do need.

Good pace on the update, kinda wish I got more of a feel for the narrator's character... try putting more of their opinions and feelings in.

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 31, 2015, 07:32:16 pm »

Had a hammerdwarf in the hospital turn, killed an animal trainer then proceeded to strangle one of the speardwarves injured in the siege before the spear squad managed to kill him. Also used DFhack to clean, game is now running a lot faster
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:34:13 pm by mikethete »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 31, 2015, 08:15:47 pm »

...SO wait, did like... Half the remaining claimed dwarves just get offed this spring?

EDIT: Unrelated, but I hope to christ none of you ever have the misfortune of working in a furniture warehouse. I just got off of an unexpected 12 hour shift.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 31, 2015, 08:29:25 pm »

Had a hammerdwarf in the hospital turn, killed an animal trainer then proceeded to strangle one of the speardwarves injured in the siege before the spear squad managed to kill him.

I cannot describe the extent of the joy I felt upon reading this.

...SO wait, did like... Half the remaining claimed dwarves just get offed this spring?

EDIT: Unrelated, but I hope to christ none of you ever have the misfortune of working in a furniture warehouse. I just got off of an unexpected 12 hour shift.

:( Wow, that's rough.

E: mike didn't mention any named deaths, [save for Lizzy, RIP] so I'm assuming all of the dead this season were generic dwarves.

Over 26 dead... brings a tear to my eye.

E2: Never mind, looks like Ribbon got offed as well. I need to teach myself to stop just skimming things
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:32:23 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 140