Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 379545 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #720 on: September 16, 2015, 08:50:30 pm »

It's the dreaded Slendarchivist, one of the Archivist's many long-forgotten experiments. This fell being is known to silently stalk people who stray into the woods at night, quietly following them everywhere they go, closer and closer, watching and waiting, until finally, one day, they wake up... and it's staring through the window, its ashen face dyed red... and...

Spoiler: AND... AND... (click to show/hide)

In all seriousness, maybe making the couch a bit deeper would let you make her body a bit wider/shorter and her head less tiny.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 16, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »

I actually wanted to add The Couch to my picture, right behind the Archivist. Also, that red-haired lady was my rendition of the Vampire Queen. Tomato vampire queen.

This is probably happening in the universe where vampires feed on tomatoes, and Goblin Claus exists.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:39 am »

In all seriousness, maybe making the couch a bit deeper would let you make her body a bit wider/shorter and her head less tiny.

I will keep that in mind when I get a hold of my proper drawing supplies :3~<
Could even actually bring it to proper linework rather than just the sketch

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 17, 2015, 02:20:03 am »

Heh, I wasn't ready for her just sleeping casually on a sofa. Keep up the good work!

I'm actually drawing this very plot right now... And it features traces of mild NSFW. Very mild, but I'm still asking Mr Frog if it is acceptable here, even in ironic sense.

Also, I kind of fucked it up by reinforcing my linework with a usual pen. Now the Archivist looks like a bobblehead, and I can't do anything with it... Without using the computer.

If I set the right angle with my camera, though...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:33:12 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 17, 2015, 01:54:21 pm »

Posting to watch.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 17, 2015, 04:52:59 pm »

Heh, I wasn't ready for her just sleeping casually on a sofa. Keep up the good work!

I'm actually drawing this very plot right now... And it features traces of mild NSFW. Very mild, but I'm still asking Mr Frog if it is acceptable here, even in ironic sense.

Also, I kind of fucked it up by reinforcing my linework with a usual pen. Now the Archivist looks like a bobblehead, and I can't do anything with it... Without using the computer.

If I set the right angle with my camera, though...

As far as NSFW stuff goes... as long as it's tasteful I'm personally okay with it, but I'm pretty sure Toady's pretty strict about sexual content on this forum (unless that changed when I wasn't looking, lol), so I'm going to err on the safe side and say no, don't post.

Blackwood drawing is 95% done, but I'm pretty busy today so I won't be able to finish it until later tonight.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 17, 2015, 10:45:16 pm »

I'm about to download the save and fire it up. Won't be able to play tonight, seeing as I've gotta be up at my normal time tomorrow, but I'll post a preliminary OOC update on the general status of all the things tomorrow evening.

PREPARE FOR THE REIGN OF TANKARD.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:41:19 pm by ImagoDeo »
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:49 am »

I'm about to download the save and fire it up. Won't be able to play tonight, seeing as I've gotta be up at my normal time tomorrow, but I'll post a preliminary OOC update on the general status of all the things tomorrow evening.

PREPARE FOR THE REIGN OF TANKARD.

Groovalicious. Dis gon' be good.

And honestly as far as OOC updates go, the more the better. It lets everyone get involved with your playthrough and make commentary and stuff.

Got distracted by Mario Maker, so no Blackie drawing for now. Sorry!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 18, 2015, 01:35:57 am »

@Mr Frog

Welp, I think it would be fine if I posted a link here, so if anyone's interested...

I have one thing in common with Blackie - we both can't draw for shit.

In any case, it's me that will be gettin' screwed by the mods, lol.

Also, next time I'm writing something closer-related to Clobbermountains. Something featuring His Exellence.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:00:42 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:40 am »

That's a pretty darn good piece, ML

mikethete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 18, 2015, 01:25:27 pm »

Wait, why have we not made an incinerator to depose of undesirables corpses?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 18, 2015, 06:16:59 pm »

Wait, why have we not made an incinerator to depose of undesirables corpses?

Because we have an open volcano to pitch things in. People and animals included.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 19, 2015, 12:46:38 am »

Wrapping my head around this is rather difficult. I'll try to organize everything and make my preliminary update tomorrow. It'll be in-character.

For now, it seems we've got random goblins and ogres in random cages; we have blood all over the main entrance; we have massive stockpiles everywhere with all kinds of random junk in them; we have dozens of dwarves with skills completely un-optimized; and we have constant assaults from banshees and spawn and goblins. Most of the organizing will be second-nature to me and I'll just have to sort out all of the various routes and zones and burrows and task designations manually. Handling the military will be more difficult. Defending against sieges may be impossible if I can't sort out entrances and security points and such. Reviewing past updates won't be that helpful since a lot of this wasn't documented in screenshots.

I'm going to be thorough with screenshots. Can't abide it when people don't show what's going on. I might try for some kind of major project - no guarantees or details until the time comes.

As for the whole 'Tankard' thing - that's my dorf's name. I'll be selecting him based on prefs and personality and such from among available dwarves. I hope you're all looking forward to this - I finally caught a big space of time to cool off for a weekend from all the homework.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 19, 2015, 02:00:49 am »

Wrapping my head around this is rather difficult. I'll try to organize everything and make my preliminary update tomorrow. It'll be in-character.

For now, it seems we've got random goblins and ogres in random cages; we have blood all over the main entrance; we have massive stockpiles everywhere with all kinds of random junk in them; we have dozens of dwarves with skills completely un-optimized; and we have constant assaults from banshees and spawn and goblins. Most of the organizing will be second-nature to me and I'll just have to sort out all of the various routes and zones and burrows and task designations manually. Handling the military will be more difficult. Defending against sieges may be impossible if I can't sort out entrances and security points and such. Reviewing past updates won't be that helpful since a lot of this wasn't documented in screenshots.

I'm going to be thorough with screenshots. Can't abide it when people don't show what's going on. I might try for some kind of major project - no guarantees or details until the time comes.

As for the whole 'Tankard' thing - that's my dorf's name. I'll be selecting him based on prefs and personality and such from among available dwarves. I hope you're all looking forward to this - I finally caught a big space of time to cool off for a weekend from all the homework.

We'll have to make suitable upgrades to our arena now that we're the new seat of absolute power and righteous justice in the Lash. I'm sure His Gaudiness is missing his precious, precious Pit.

Also, make sure to dorf Lolfail and Melkor if that hasn't happened yet.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 19, 2015, 02:13:52 am »

Also, I have a present for @Monitor_Lisard:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let this be a lesson to y'all: if you write us lots of stories, you just might get free art. Of dubious quality. But free!

E2: Okay, DeviantArt is not cooperating with me and keeps submitting my art to my "sta.ash" (whatever the holy fuck that is) instead of my actual gallery. Don't feel like putting too much effort into fixing that right now, so if the image doesn't display it probably has something to do with that.

E3: Fixed it.

E4: Also, while I'm tangentially on the subject, quick word of advice to Monitor_Lisard regarding their next story piece: since this is (I think?) going to be His Excellence's first appearance, make sure to put lots and lots of thought into everything, even mundane stuff! This is basically worldbuilding we're doing here and every bit of research you do and every detail about the characters and setting that you work out in your head will show through in the finished product and give it life.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:35:36 am by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 140